A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never pass

Jun 22, 2014 Full story: Times Herald 200

Antonio Velasquez, who fled civil war in Guatemala as a teen in 1990, has given up hope that Congress will pass legislation that allows him and his wife to gain legal status in the U.S. a??If Congress doesna??t do something, the great responsibility lies with President Obama because he is the one who promised that he was going to achieve ... (more)

Full Story

Level 2

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#97 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>What they did for their citizenship was to violate our immigration laws, pendejo. Arrest and deport.
let's do it PRONTO
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#98 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>What they did for their citizenship was to violate our immigration laws, pendejo. Arrest and deport.
Breath in. Breath out.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#99 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath in. Breath out.
Beautiful riposte, do you have any more gems, pendejo? Ninth grade graduate?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#100 Sep 4, 2014
Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text> let's do it PRONTO
Like today, why are Americans supporting most of Mexico's poor? We have a ample supply of Americans who are poor.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#101 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful riposte, do you have any more gems, pendejo? Ninth grade graduate?
Breath in. Breath out.

Why don't you ask you wife to teach you another Spanish word? I am starting to doubt your fluency
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#102 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath in. Breath out.
Why don't you ask you wife to teach you another Spanish word? I am starting to doubt your fluency
Who cares what you doubt, pendejo, how about cabron?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#103 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath in. Breath out.
Por qué dudar de mi habilidad en español, pendejo? Por supuesto que se pueden estar utilizando un sitio de traducción ... pero yo no lo soy.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#104 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath in. Breath out.
Why are you giving yourself breathing instructions, pendejo? Just calm yourself and relax, you will be able to breathe much more easily.

Level 2

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#105 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>Por qué dudar de mi habilidad en español, pendejo? Por supuesto que se pueden estar utilizando un sitio de traducción ... pero yo no lo soy.
lol
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#106 Sep 4, 2014
Taxpayer for years wrote:
<quoted text> lol
]Hey, Taxpayer. The Memo doesn't know that I had two years of Spanish in high school, one year in college and that I lived in Seville Spain for three years. My wife is Latina and fluent in English and of course, Spanish. We speak both at home.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#107 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you giving yourself breathing instructions, pendejo? Just calm yourself and relax, you will be able to breathe much more easily.
Just reminding you of how you earned your citizenship. It was your biggest accomplishment until of course you went to college. After that it appears nothing noteworthy happened.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#108 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>]Hey, Taxpayer. The Memo doesn't know that I had two years of Spanish in high school, one year in college and that I lived in Seville Spain for three years. My wife is Latina and fluent in English and of course, Spanish. We speak both at home.
You couldn't get an American woman? Somehow I am not surprised.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#109 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
She is an American by birth, Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth and its citizens are Americans by birth. Do you feel foolish now?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#110 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a slanted, oops, not PC, view when you married?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#111 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still sulking. You should learn from your mistakes. Firstly, obfuscation seldom is successful, some smart person (in this case, yo) will bring you back to the subject. Secondly, an uneducated person does not fare well with an educated and well informed person. Are you following this? Thirdly, as one who has critiqued formal debate at the collegiate level, you are still not meeting my standards. Work hard, study, listen to the intelligent folks and soon... well maybe not so soon, you will be to the point where you meet minimum standards.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#112 Sep 4, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>She is an American by birth, Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth and its citizens are Americans by birth. Do you feel foolish now?
Unless you are of British descent and can trace your roots back to before the Revolution you are not really American. Forget about somebody who floated in from a welfare island with backdoor citizenship.

At this point I have doubts about your pedigree.
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#113 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are of British descent and can trace your roots back to before the Revolution you are not really American. Forget about somebody who floated in from a welfare island with backdoor citizenship.
Well,payaso, I am of British descent with my family history before the American Revolution. You appear to be a racist with your attitude toward the good American citizens of P.R. I thought left wing loons were in favor of multiculturalism and tolerance. You need to work on that, how about the slanted view when you married?
Earl

Fayetteville, GA

#114 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Am to assume that you are an illegal with an illegal esposa? That would make you a non American.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#115 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That rehetoric is old and tired. Once again MORON it was called conquest then and now. So suck it up and get over it Azzwipe!!! You were not here and neither were we. But the natives lost. What happens when you bring bows and arrows to a gunfight.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

#116 Sep 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't get an American PIG!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr Mickey Ratt Club 137,350
Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 5 hr The real zeke 16
Tea Party Members Unhappy With Budget Deal 6 hr spud 14
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 6 hr barefoot2626 1,586
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 7 hr huey goins 43
U.S., Cuba spar over immigration policy 9 hr RATA 37
Why Americans are starting to really hate mexic... (Oct '07) 10 hr jose 1,472
More from around the web