Why immigration reform isna t the answer to Republicansa demographic woes

Apr 27, 2014 Full story: The Washington Post 73

We reported on Tuesday about the major demographic problem facing Republicans . So, how can the GOP start winning larger shares of non-white voters? Reforming the immigration system might not be the answer.

Full Story
wild child

South Ozone Park, NY

#41 Apr 27, 2014
Yes violet exactly, it wont happen, but if it did it will be fixed.americans dont want it.
Stop Treason

North Brunswick, NJ

#42 Apr 27, 2014
Over 35 Million Americans are Unemployed and Millions more are Underemployed!
ImmigRATion is Process by the Racist Elite (All the Tech CEO's and Politicians) to make sure that the Poor Americans (Specially Black Americans) NEVER EVER get to the Middle Class!
100% are Republicans and Democrats Politicians are Racist Cowards and Hate All Americans with passion and are madly addicted to cheap cheap H-1B Visa scabs from Euro-Trash and Asian Indians!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#43 Apr 27, 2014
Obama the illegal will be deported with you. He can sell the tamales and you can push.
American

North Brunswick, NJ

#44 Apr 27, 2014
If immigrants are so hardworking and so highly skilled, then why isn't there own country bending over backwards to keep these people? Is India/China/Mexico so well developed that it no longer needs its own hardworking citizens to maintain its economy and infrastructure? Of course not, this is really an attempt by the governments of India/China/Mexico to shirk millions of its poor citizens off on another country (the US) without consequences.
wild child

South Ozone Park, NY

#47 Apr 27, 2014
American, they send over the rejects they dont want, like cuba and haiti, use to do the sick the mental the lazy.rapist drug addicts, we dont want them.
Bobby

Long Beach, CA

#49 Apr 27, 2014
Get outta here!! All you reporters are STUPID LEFTIST FLAKES AT HEART!!. Illegal immigration has, or should have NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITCAL PARTIES!!! It's against established, present immigration law, and all of you reporters making it some party issue are FLAT OUT TRAITORS.
Charles

Alton, IL

#50 Apr 27, 2014
illegal immigrant wrote:
So much anger. I worried about you!
I married a Korean Woman and she immigrated legally. Immigration is not bad. However, The USA should control who can immigrate and when and how many. Part of the problem is legal immigration is too hard. The numbers are so high that we need to quit allowing all immigration into the USA for 5 years. We really need to get a handle on this. When my wife immigrated she had to pass a medical examination. Who knows what diseases are coming across the border at this point.

We can significantly slow down immigration by removing citizenship for the children of illegals. This will remove some of the incentive to come here illegally. I think we should also start limiting student Visas. Let them build colleges and universities in their own countries. Once students come here they often don't leave. If we are not going to control immigration, we should not allow it.
I Am Outta Here

Ottumwa, IA

#51 Apr 27, 2014
Bobby wrote:
Get outta here!! All you reporters are STUPID LEFTIST FLAKES AT HEART!!. Illegal immigration has, or should have NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITCAL PARTIES!!! It's against established, present immigration law, and all of you reporters making it some party issue are FLAT OUT TRAITORS.
Bobby Rocks!

Bobby has it going on!
I Am Outta Here

Ottumwa, IA

#52 Apr 27, 2014
American wrote:
If immigrants are so hardworking and so highly skilled, then why isn't there own country bending over backwards to keep these people? Is India/China/Mexico so well developed that it no longer needs its own hardworking citizens to maintain its economy and infrastructure? Of course not, this is really an attempt by the governments of India/China/Mexico to shirk millions of its poor citizens off on another country (the US) without consequences.
Yes...Yes...and YES!

Excellent post!
Sir Drop The Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#54 Apr 28, 2014
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
MAYBE CALIFORNIA WILL SLIDE INTO THE OCEAN,TAKING CARE OF A HUGE PART OF THE ILLEGAL PROBLEM.
LMFAO!

Right On Brother!
Sir Drop The Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#55 Apr 28, 2014
Joan Meijer wrote:
As long as Repugs dislike everyone except aging white males (who are in the dying sooner than later zone) they'll have problems even holding the southern states....
With 53% of the voters being women who are beginning to vote in their own interests - which no longer include the Repug platform of anti-contraception, anti-family planning, anti-healthcare for all and unequal pay for women ....
With Millennials showing up progressive in large numbers - which generally translates into long term voting patterns.
With African Americans voting 90% against Repugs for good reason
With non-Christian groups feeling under attack....
With the Repugs in the States like Arizona and Georgia putting up truly nasty anti-immigration laws and flaunting their prejudiced superstars like Sheriff Arpaio....
Does this party stand a chance? Maybe they can Gerrymander for awhile....but they really don't represent the majority of Americans. We actually need a party that likes Americans to balance the Dems with ideas that can help the country and that's not the Republican Party.
Your name is really Rose, and you post on the President Has Failed Us thread frequently.
Fess Up time Rose.

Busted!
Sir Drop The Clutch

Ottumwa, IA

#56 Apr 28, 2014
Stop Treason wrote:
Over 35 Million Americans are Unemployed and Millions more are Underemployed!
ImmigRATion is Process by the Racist Elite (All the Tech CEO's and Politicians) to make sure that the Poor Americans (Specially Black Americans) NEVER EVER get to the Middle Class!
100% are Republicans and Democrats Politicians are Racist Cowards and Hate All Americans with passion and are madly addicted to cheap cheap H-1B Visa scabs from Euro-Trash and Asian Indians!
Then why don't the blacks arm themselves more heavily than they already seem to be and go take care of the scabs who are stealing there jobs?

Those jobs should be and do belong to the blacks.

Why won't you stand up and fight for your right to liberty and your pursuit of happiness?

What?

The Democrats say that is not the thing to do?

They tell you to just keep voting for them and their failures towards the black community??

Who the fu..ck ever told a black man he can't have what the fu..ck he wants in this country?
Especially over an illegal alien Mexican of all people anyway?

If I was a black man and illegals were getting hired over me, ESPECIALLY WITH A BLACK PRESIDENT, I would go kill every motherfckin Mexican I saw on sight.

Why the fck isn't the black community standing up for their God given rights?

They do it in the fcking hood everynight.

Why not now???

When their future is at stake?

WTF?

Honest question.
Willard Johnson Smith IV

Baguio City, Philippines

#57 Apr 28, 2014
shame on you if you cannot compete with an "illegal" alien! an illegal alien do not know the rules and barely speaks the language, does not know anyone and yet they succeed? how would your immigrant forbearers react? it is just human nature and will to seek a better place for oneself if not your own family. nevertheless our nation is still very humane compared to other places around the world. which makes most of us wonder if there still exist in the entire world for a person to succeed?
girldonewrong

Beebe, AR

#58 Apr 28, 2014
What abt the ones who come here. And go to our colleges. I know one that is here married a girl just to get citizenship. But she divorced him because he lied. And then in court he tried to get her to pay for his college. Because he had no money. And could not work due to being on a student visa. But they still have him an extention visa until 2017. They lie and cheat America woman to marry them. And then they want them to pay for them. It's a sad world. I do not think they should be allowed to marry. A citizen unless they get citizenship first. That should be the law. Just saying I seen this girl go thru hell. With this worthless man if u can even call him a man.
escapedfromny

Naperville, IL

#59 Apr 28, 2014
What an idiot - Liberal families are having 1 kid and they are assuming Hispanics are totally unified behind any Democrat. They only major recruiting tool left is the College Campus, where liberals can lie with impunity, but even that will go away, and liberals will be left wondering what happened.
floyd

Shallotte, NC

#60 Apr 28, 2014
marco wrote:
A reform is needed either to give us a status or deport us all.
The native born citizen choose door number 2.
American

North Brunswick, NJ

#62 Apr 28, 2014
Exposing the Traitors:
Rep. Raśl Labrador (Republican -ID). Let's just review his position on Guest Workers:
"I believe that we need a guest worker program that actually works because guest workers play an important role in the American economy and more specifically in the state of Idaho."
Wake up America: NEVER EVER Vote for a Traitor! Rep or Dem! NEVER!
American

North Brunswick, NJ

#63 Apr 28, 2014
Another Asian Indian caught for taking a bribe + FRAUD!
A Homeland Security employee was convicted of alien harboring, taking a bribe and computer intrusion. The 54-year-old Hasmukh Patel, who earlier worked with Citizenship and Immigration Services has been convicted of conspiring to encourage and induce aliens to come to and reside in the United States. Patel's position enabled him the power to decide whether some foreigners could receive the benefits of permanent residency and, ultimately, citizenship. For his own financial gain, Patel received bribe money in return for committing fraudulent statements to the US Dept. of Labor and the Dept. of Homeland Security. Authorized access on his government computer was also exceeded. Witnesses testified that Patel, an Indian-American, took actions to bring an Indian couple to this country based on fraudulent work visas. Patel was paid $100,000 to bring the married couple into the United States. The visa application stated the foreign national woman would work in his home - but she never did. Although Petal wrote checks to the female visa recipient she and her husband were actually working at the family convenience store in Georgia.
American

North Brunswick, NJ

#64 Apr 28, 2014
All H-1B/L1 visa holders and Visa Over-stayers plus all the Illegal Aliens and All who hire them are All the Real Terrorist!
justme

Waynesburg, PA

#66 Apr 28, 2014
mad as hell wrote:
NO AMNESTY . Enforce current immigration laws . NO REFORM NEEDED . Every American should start now letting the people in corruption city know that Americans , Veterans need work . Start sending letters,emails , calls that WE the People do not want reform of any kind. Things are real bad when an illegal immigrant has more rights than an American .
immigration reform will not work it would mean these illegals would have to find a job that taxes are taken out they would need to pay for their food, and medical.. then they would be in severe poverty like most Americans. Put 30 Americans in a 2 bedroom home with 10 kids and the state comes and takes the kids... when illegals have to live like Americans they will run back to Mexico

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min positronium 265,467
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 37 min NuRidersoftheePur... 136,007
Top Presidential Candidate Says Anarchy May For... 49 min Go Blue Forever 3
Hundreds of lawyers raise hands to help unaccom... 50 min Earl 16
'La Gigante Fantasia': Hispanics and President ... 1 hr Earl 6
Help wanted: Free lawyers for immigrant children 1 hr dragoon70059 41
1st Suit Filed Over Enforcement of Immigration Law 1 hr Earl 60

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE