Undocumented Immigrants Brace for Reform

Undocumented Immigrants Brace for Reform

There are 10 comments on the NBC Washington story from May 22, 2013, titled Undocumented Immigrants Brace for Reform. In it, NBC Washington reports that:

Immigration advocacy groups are getting more calls and more questions as the Senate prepares to debate an immigration reform bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Washington.

Magadala

Cinebar, WA

#1 May 23, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 May 23, 2013
thrash the bill along with the gang of 8.
Juan Too

Monroe, VA

#3 May 23, 2013
Magadala

United States

#4 May 24, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
laraza.com
Pray tell, FOR WHAT?!!!
ronnie

Saint George, UT

#5 May 24, 2013
I just watched an important program about migrants in Salinas California. One of the illegals has been here 18 years working, and admitted, all his paper work when e-verify was implemented, was prepared by the employer and they simply used fake ID's. The Migrant didn't show fake ID, the employers provided it. I cannot believe we are all being sold out by Washington and the Labor movement to legitimize this bunch, when frankly, they won't come out of the so-called shadows and pay anything. The employer who has provided the Documents will provide false doc's on these cheaters, and we'll be right where we are now, except more broke.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 May 24, 2013
ronnie wrote:
I just watched an important program about migrants in Salinas California. One of the illegals has been here 18 years working, and admitted, all his paper work when e-verify was implemented, was prepared by the employer and they simply used fake ID's. The Migrant didn't show fake ID, the employers provided it. I cannot believe we are all being sold out by Washington and the Labor movement to legitimize this bunch, when frankly, they won't come out of the so-called shadows and pay anything. The employer who has provided the Documents will provide false doc's on these cheaters, and we'll be right where we are now, except more broke.
that employer should lose everything including his freedom/ i cannot believe no law enforcement is going after him.
petro

El Paso, TX

#7 May 24, 2013
ronnie wrote:
I just watched an important program about migrants in Salinas California. One of the illegals has been here 18 years working, and admitted, all his paper work when e-verify was implemented, was prepared by the employer and they simply used fake ID's. The Migrant didn't show fake ID, the employers provided it. I cannot believe we are all being sold out by Washington and the Labor movement to legitimize this bunch, when frankly, they won't come out of the so-called shadows and pay anything. The employer who has provided the Documents will provide false doc's on these cheaters, and we'll be right where we are now, except more broke.
But I just heard Rubio on Hannity that soon all will be fingerprinted and won't be able to do this anymore, plus these illegals will pay fines if they want to remain here BUT THEY STILL HAVE TO QUALIFY and MANY WON'T LIKE THIS ONE.....HE WILL GET DEPORTED AND THE COMPANY FINED FOR EVERY ELLIGEL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 May 25, 2013
petro wrote:
<quoted text> But I just heard Rubio on Hannity that soon all will be fingerprinted and won't be able to do this anymore, plus these illegals will pay fines if they want to remain here BUT THEY STILL HAVE TO QUALIFY and MANY WON'T LIKE THIS ONE.....HE WILL GET DEPORTED AND THE COMPANY FINED FOR EVERY ELLIGEL.
the gang of 8 has ways around that in the bill.for every part of enforcement they have written a way out. look back to 86,no dem will allow enforcement of laws,they will fight it if it passes.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#9 May 25, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
the gang of 8 has ways around that in the bill.for every part of enforcement they have written a way out. look back to 86,no dem will allow enforcement of laws,they will fight it if it passes.
They fight against any enforcement of current laws, so you're right, they will not allow enforcement of new laws.
Magadala

United States

#10 May 25, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
They fight against any enforcement of current laws, so you're right, they will not allow enforcement of new laws.
Yeah! I think this point got their tails caught in a crack! How can they justify new enforcement laws when they have never fully enforced the laws they had originally promised to enforce?!!! Especially when they filed law suits against those states who were trying to enforce the laws as written! Can't have it both ways! Oh, yes they can, all we have to do is "trust" them this time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mexican president explains comparing Trump to H... 1 min tomin cali 1
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 11 min This is not America 39
News The Latest: Obama: Mexican Americans help shape US 26 min Responsibility 6
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 36 min Nopal 854
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 48 min Nopal 3,531
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr quetzalcoatl 141,592
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 hr Nopal 304
More from around the web