Retailers, restaurants and hotels tea...

Retailers, restaurants and hotels team up to push immigration reform

There are 27 comments on the KXAN-TV Austin story from Mar 31, 2014, titled Retailers, restaurants and hotels team up to push immigration reform. In it, KXAN-TV Austin reports that:

Members include the Texas Restaurant Association, Texas Association of Retailers, Texas Hotel and Lodging Association and the South Texas Property Rights Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXAN-TV Austin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Mar 31, 2014
Strangely the party that claims to be the champion of free enterprise and always putting big and small business communities interest first surprisingly, are turning def ears to their demand for immigration reform.This strange and very odd behavior is been viewed by many with great apprehension and rightly so.
wild child

South Ozone Park, NY

#2 Mar 31, 2014
Get out go home, no reform period
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
Strangely the party that claims to be the champion of free enterprise and always putting big and small business communities interest first surprisingly, are turning def ears to their demand for immigration reform.This strange and very odd behavior is been viewed by many with great apprehension and rightly so.
slavery is against the law, genius. so is child labor. there is also something called tax fraud.

free enterprise is ok as long as it is legal.
spud

Bangor, PA

#5 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
It's like it always has been. The Democrats are the party of slavery. The only difference is that the Dems. are now the party of corrupt slave loving businesses too. What happens when checks from the Koch brothers start rolling in to the DNC? Too funny.
spud

Bangor, PA

#6 Apr 1, 2014
Investigate the Texas restaurant assoc. Everyone knows Mexicans don't wash their hands. That's why I never eat out in Texas. I don't want their grubby paws on my food. Gringo workers, fast clean and dependable. Viva.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#8 Apr 2, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
Funny how the party that claims to be for minorities and the poor supports lowering wages of working Americans, particularly for those in the lowest paying jobs, by increasing the number of low skilled workers available for exploitation. This strange and very odd behavior is been viewed by many with great apprehension and rightly so.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 4, 2014
I have no problem with immigrants working in restaurants, hotels, etc.

If they want to work those low end jobs, let them.

I guarantee you I'm not going to do those low end, low wage scut jobs, and neither are any of you (unless you are complete losers).
spud

Bangor, PA

#12 Apr 4, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
I guarantee you I'm not going to do those low end, low wage scut jobs, and neither are any of you (unless you are complete losers).
What a shallow and elitist attitude you have dog. You need some lessons in class and humility. It's great that you're so talented that you'll never have to take one of those "low end, low wage scut jobs" you speak of but we graduate thousands of kids every year that will never qualify to do anything but those jobs. What are those less fortunate kids supposed to do when we give their jobs to cheap foreign labor? I'd say calling those people complete losers makes YOU the complete loser.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#13 Apr 4, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
While I am sure mommy and daddy gave you everything you wanted and paid a lot of money to send you to expensive schools where with little effort you managed to maintain passing grades there are many Americans who do not have the advantages you were born to. For them to succeed they must work in hotels, restaurants and other so called "scut" jobs so they can support themselves and afford to pay for their education. I travel extensively and I interact with many "losers" as you call them who are working hard at "scut" jobs in an effort to get a head in life. I would hire a person who has worked a "scut" job to get ahead in life long before I would hire a spoiled, self centered brat like you who has been handed everything and has never had to do a real days work in their life. While you and you "liberal" friends may feel you deserve to have a slave class of people to work for you and wait on you those of us who work hard and have succeeded in life legally and honestly with out the help of our parents or the government will continue to fight for equality and freedom.
spud

Bangor, PA

#15 Apr 5, 2014
The hotel and restaurant businesses are the closest thing to slave runners we have today. Harry Reid is their hero too. Las Vegas loves Harry because he provides them with their slaves. The Democratic party is still the same old middle class hating, slave running party that it always has been.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#16 Apr 5, 2014
While the Democrats are calling Republicans rich white men who exploit minorities the Democrats are exploiting all races and ethnic groups equally.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 6, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>What a shallow and elitist attitude you have dog. You need some lessons in class and humility. It's great that you're so talented that you'll never have to take one of those "low end, low wage scut jobs" you speak of but we graduate thousands of kids every year that will never qualify to do anything but those jobs. What are those less fortunate kids supposed to do when we give their jobs to cheap foreign labor? I'd say calling those people complete losers makes YOU the complete loser.
Actually, I did work those low-end shit jobs when I was in HS and college.

And I gotta tell you, son, if you can't compete with an uneducated illegal who doesn't even speak English, you need to re-evaluate the source of the "problem."

The "problem" isn't Juan, the dumb ass, uneducated, Mexican working for minimum wage at the laundry, the PROBLEM IS YOU. Suck it up, loser. Learn a skill. If you can't beat out an illegal for a job, you are a loser of Biblical proportions.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 6, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
While I am sure mommy and daddy gave you everything you wanted and paid a lot of money to send you to expensive schools where with little effort you managed to maintain passing grades there are many Americans who do not have the advantages you were born to. For them to succeed they must work in hotels, restaurants and other so called "scut" jobs so they can support themselves and afford to pay for their education. I travel extensively and I interact with many "losers" as you call them who are working hard at "scut" jobs in an effort to get a head in life. I would hire a person who has worked a "scut" job to get ahead in life long before I would hire a spoiled, self centered brat like you who has been handed everything and has never had to do a real days work in their life. While you and you "liberal" friends may feel you deserve to have a slave class of people to work for you and wait on you those of us who work hard and have succeeded in life legally and honestly with out the help of our parents or the government will continue to fight for equality and freedom.
Nice rant.

Unfortunately, it's total BULL SHIT.

My parents gave me NOTHING. My dad cleaned industrial boilers for a living (hint: that ain't lifestyle of the rich and famous). My mom was a receptionist making just a bit more than minimum wage.

I worked hard in school and got a full ROTC scholarship to college. To cover room and board, I worked nights, weekends, and vacations. Hell, I have worked for money since I was old enough to push a mower. I was probably ~10 when I started working. Washing dishes, working construction, making pizzas, delivering newspapers, painting houses, mowing lawns, cleaning offices (including cleaning toilets), doing call center work, flipping burgers. I"ve done almost every "shit" job at some point.

Over my college summer vacations, I trained as an enlisted man with the Army Reserve (if you think that is "lifestyles of the rich and famous," TRY IT, punk)..

I got exactly ZERO dollars from my parents.

So I got your "spoiled brat who's parent's paid for expensive schools" line of BS right here, bitch.

Yeah, I went to expensive private schools. In fact, the best this country has to offer. But I EARNED every bit of it,

So I'm glad to know you'd hire me because I've worked scut jobs, but it won't be necessary, since, as an engineer and MBA, I'm pretty damned sure I make more money than you do.
spud

Bangor, PA

#20 Apr 6, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I gotta tell you, son, if you can't compete with an uneducated illegal who doesn't even speak English, you need to re-evaluate the source of the "problem."
The "problem" isn't Juan, the dumb ass, uneducated, Mexican working for minimum wage at the laundry, the PROBLEM IS YOU. Suck it up, loser. Learn a skill. If you can't beat out an illegal for a job, you are a loser of Biblical proportions.
You may be the most self absorbed braggart I have ever come across. If you were actually half as talented as you are in your own mind, I would be compelled to elevate you to village idiot.

Location hidden

#21 Apr 6, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You may be the most self absorbed braggart I have ever come across. If you were actually half as talented as you are in your own mind, I would be compelled to elevate you to village idiot.
So you clearly have no intelligent argument. Just a lot of moronic ad hominem (look it up) Bull Shit.

Why didn't you just say so?

C'mon, genius, give it a shot. Try and form a semi-cogent argument. You can do it. Just wipe the drool off your chin and go for it.
Jose B

Sterling, CO

#22 Apr 6, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
Immigration reform my azz!!! Cheap labor supported by our social systems is what they are asking for. You fool nobody!!!
Jose B

Sterling, CO

#23 Apr 6, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you clearly have no intelligent argument. Just a lot of moronic ad hominem (look it up) Bull Shit.
C'mon, genius, give it a shot. Try and form a semi-cogent argument. You can do it. Just wipe the drool off your chin and go for it.
You sound an awful lot like a "SLAVER DAIRY FARMER" that used to frequent this site. You wouldn't be motivated by your bottom line now would ya SLAVER?
Level 5

Location hidden

#24 Apr 6, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you think americans should compete with foreigners for jobs in the usa?

why?

many if not most countries don't allow that sort of competition. so, why should the usa?

you go to Thailand, china, Vietnam, etc ANYWHERE.. and you will see that most countries won't even allow you to enter their country without a visa that requires that you promise not to work in their country if allowed in.

this is the reality of the world.

and you think americans should have to compete with foreigners for in jobs in the usa? hell, you seem to be saying americans should be forced to compete with ILLEGALS for jobs in the usa?

tell me this is not true?
Level 5

Location hidden

#25 Apr 6, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
you side with the pro-illegals. expect to be treated like the pro-illegals will be treated when civil war is here.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#26 Apr 6, 2014
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant.
Unfortunately, it's total BULL SHIT.
My parents gave me NOTHING. My dad cleaned industrial boilers for a living (hint: that ain't lifestyle of the rich and famous). My mom was a receptionist making just a bit more than minimum wage.
I worked hard in school and got a full ROTC scholarship to college. To cover room and board, I worked nights, weekends, and vacations. Hell, I have worked for money since I was old enough to push a mower. I was probably ~10 when I started working. Washing dishes, working construction, making pizzas, delivering newspapers, painting houses, mowing lawns, cleaning offices (including cleaning toilets), doing call center work, flipping burgers. I"ve done almost every "shit" job at some point.
Over my college summer vacations, I trained as an enlisted man with the Army Reserve (if you think that is "lifestyles of the rich and famous," TRY IT, punk)..
I got exactly ZERO dollars from my parents.
So I got your "spoiled brat who's parent's paid for expensive schools" line of BS right here, bitch.
Yeah, I went to expensive private schools. In fact, the best this country has to offer. But I EARNED every bit of it,
So I'm glad to know you'd hire me because I've worked scut jobs, but it won't be necessary, since, as an engineer and MBA, I'm pretty damned sure I make more money than you do.
Nice rant. Looks like I hit the nail on the head. Having a similar background to what you claim to have makes me believe you even less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 15 min spocko 4,030
When Does Anti-Immigration Go Too Far? 1 hr spud 402
News Cruz's 2016 strategy focuses on turning out whi... 1 hr Your Ex 14
News 'I don't think so, darling': Donald Trump dismi... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 33
News Terrifying Ted and His Ultra-Conservative Visio... 1 hr tomin cali 5
News Rubio Brings Hard Line On Immigration To A Regi... 2 hr tomin cali 1
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 3 hr Le Jimbo 3,054
More from around the web