Big victory for immigration reform ef...

Big victory for immigration reform efforts

There are 158 comments on the News 4 Jax story from May 21, 2013, titled Big victory for immigration reform efforts. In it, News 4 Jax reports that:

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bipartisan "Gang of Eight" immigration reform bill on Tuesday, sending the measure to the Senate floor for consideration and giving the bill's backers their first major legislative victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 4 Jax.

See the light

El Paso, TX

#94 May 23, 2013
Its so funny saying they will come out of the shawdows and pay a fine. When Hell freezes over! They snuck over here dirt poor , ecstatic to be able to collect Welfare. You think they're going to give that up?

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#95 May 23, 2013
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
It still hasn't passed the senate. It passed in committee. You should work on your reading comprehension.
Where do you see me saying it passed the Senate ?????? One of the people on the forum said about a month ago "It won't even pass the Senate". Now the same person is saying "It will die in the House". That's the reason why I made that affirmation. So try not to draw a conclusion until you don't know all the facts. Capisci ?

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#96 May 23, 2013
nym8783 wrote:
<quoted text>she's probably applying for legal status today, thinking it's a done deal
You should probably stop guessing about me because you're going from worse to worst. Also try not to be a hater cause you have only one life to live and it's not worthy wasting your time hating. Do positive and fun things instead. It would make you feel a lot better.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#97 May 23, 2013
See the light wrote:
Its so funny saying they will come out of the shawdows and pay a fine. When Hell freezes over! They snuck over here dirt poor , ecstatic to be able to collect Welfare. You think they're going to give that up?
They won't have a choice. Some would pay all the fees some would prefer to go back home.
See the light

El Paso, TX

#98 May 23, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't have a choice. Some would pay all the fees some would prefer to go back home.
Marco Rubio says the Bill won't let them receive benefits, you don't think that will stop it right there? They want to be American's but to keep receiving Welfare.

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Granbury, TX

#99 May 24, 2013
jerry wrote:
american's are lazy people they are worried about this reform cause hispanic immigrants are hard working people and will take american jobs oh well deal with it cause that reform will take place so sit down shut up and eat a apple pie lol!!!!! let the immigrants take over haha
we should deport every hard working , worthless peice of Latino garbage back to Mexico, so they can fix mejico!, before they are allowed to have one more cockroach baby here!

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Granbury, TX

#100 May 24, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Yes sirÂ… the Latino community joined the African American community along with women, young people and the college educated and re-elected President Obama, and it is about to pay off BIG!
In spite of tea-baggers racist effort to create a scandal and stop immigration reform President Obama is on the verge of a major 2nd term accomplishment that will a major victory for him and especially the Democratic Party.
maybe they can explain the drug cartels influence in southake Texas?
rukidding

Ashburn, VA

#102 May 24, 2013
I live in a area that has a large population of Hispanic. The other day at or local Walmart I was behind a non English speaking Hispanic women. Her cart was full. In fact it had things I can not afford to buy. When it was time to pay, out came her snap card(food stamps). When I went to my car she happen to be parked next to me. She was loading her groceries into a big new Ford SUV. You would not believe how many non English Hispanic receive wick and or food stamps. I told my husband, I wonder what the Mexican government would say if I moved there and ask for government help?
I wonder what would happen to me if I enter into Mexico illegally?
Sweet Sunday

Chicago, IL

#103 May 24, 2013
rukidding wrote:
I live in a area that has a large population of Hispanic. The other day at or local Walmart I was behind a non English speaking Hispanic women. Her cart was full. In fact it had things I can not afford to buy. When it was time to pay, out came her snap card(food stamps). When I went to my car she happen to be parked next to me. She was loading her groceries into a big new Ford SUV. You would not believe how many non English Hispanic receive wick and or food stamps. I told my husband, I wonder what the Mexican government would say if I moved there and ask for government help?
What you described above(link card,SUV) is common. Illegals receive and receive. Basically , we are left scratch our heads. I would not mind helping the poor illegals , but when one see them holding and job,3-6 little ones,wife on welfare and driving SUV(gas guzzlers) than you begin to wonder "what is going on here",especially when you see many Americans out of work.
But, than again I don't really would worry too much about this whole situation/fraud/gaming the system thing... it's a matter of time before it all comes to a screeching halt.(Eventually,as soon as ObamaCare goes into full affect) their won't be enough taxpayers to sustain this sort of abuse. People are waking up!
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#104 May 24, 2013
Mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text> poor broke DOG!!!!
I don't get financially raped like you do,mojado Sin futuro
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#105 May 24, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably stop guessing about me because you're going from worse to worst. Also try not to be a hater cause you have only one life to live and it's not worthy wasting your time hating. Do positive and fun things instead. It would make you feel a lot better.
I do plenty of positive things and that includes opposing amnesty
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#106 May 24, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you see me saying it passed the Senate ?????? One of the people on the forum said about a month ago "It won't even pass the Senate". Now the same person is saying "It will die in the House". That's the reason why I made that affirmation. So try not to draw a conclusion until you don't know all the facts. Capisci ?
No,I said it will not even make it out of the senate,but even if it did,the house will crush it.Try and make some senses
See the light

El Paso, TX

#107 May 24, 2013
rukidding wrote:
First, they would take your'e money.2nd-throw you in prison.
petro

El Paso, TX

#108 May 24, 2013
The government,(O's dictatorship) have just about bought out all the bullets, from my understanding....this was their intention all along and the disarmament of all citizens and these school shootings? no accident.....all carefully planned by the dictatorship so the people themselves would cry out for disarmament by their messiah, WHO CAN DO NO WRONG.....HE IS THEIR GOD AND ANYTHING HE SAYS THE DEAF, BLIND AND MEEK SHEEP BELIEVE. Sad but true.
Mexican pride

Lodi, CA

#109 May 24, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you expect?? The vato don't have a job that's all he does ! Has donuts and coffee next to his moms computer! Lazy four eyes!
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#111 May 24, 2013
Mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text> what do you expect?? The vato don't have a job that's all he does ! Has donuts and coffee next to his moms computer! Lazy four eyes!
why are illegal aliens so delusional? you made a choice and now you must be deported.no one wants you here except corrupt company owners and they only want you here illegally so they can exploit you. Making sh!t up won't change the facts

“ONE NATION ONE FLAG :)”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Pro-illegals are pro-crime!!

#112 May 24, 2013
rukidding wrote:
That is very common, you'll see them with 3 kids and ready to pop out another, than when it comes to pay, food stamps. Who is supporting them? The hard working tax payers like myself..they don't always come here to work and do something productive to the country they come here to have a bunch of kids and see advantage of every public assistance there is. I saw a Asian lady at Safeway she didn't had much groceries but she did pull out a EBT card out of here Louis Vuitton purse. How in the world can they afford bags that cost almost $2,000 or more...work for cash money, don't report their babies daddies living with them illegally and working under the table for cash money..
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#113 May 24, 2013
The idiotic Senator, Patrick Leahy, spouts off about our dysfunctional immigration policy, but at the same time he is a leader of the most dysfunctional body of government in the history of the US.
See the light

El Paso, TX

#114 May 24, 2013
petro wrote:
The government,(O's dictatorship) have just about bought out all the bullets, from my understanding....this was their intention all along and the disarmament of all citizens and these school shootings? no accident.....all carefully planned by the dictatorship so the people themselves would cry out for disarmament by their messiah, WHO CAN DO NO WRONG.....HE IS THEIR GOD AND ANYTHING HE SAYS THE DEAF, BLIND AND MEEK SHEEP BELIEVE. Sad but true.
Sure more will be made, it will end up being a black market for em.
Live your Life

Chicago, IL

#115 May 24, 2013
I have had/have so many family member in the arm forces... and I am proud. I remember I tried to get in yesterYear,but due to my front mouth/braces I was rejected(til they would eventually come off) i was in college by than, when they eventually came off). Having said that, I refuse to give in to Congress/this Immigration Reform Plan without a fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 14 min woodtick57 5,711
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 1 hr wow 44
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 hr Brian_G 1,142
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr Just Slim 141,963
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 hr pooky 10,494
News Border Patrol Union Blasts Hillary a Lawlessnes... 11 hr You Is 8
News Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House wer... 15 hr WasteWater 1
More from around the web