Big victory for immigration reform ef...

Big victory for immigration reform efforts

There are 158 comments on the News 4 Jax story from May 21, 2013, titled Big victory for immigration reform efforts. In it, News 4 Jax reports that:

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bipartisan "Gang of Eight" immigration reform bill on Tuesday, sending the measure to the Senate floor for consideration and giving the bill's backers their first major legislative victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 4 Jax.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#29 May 21, 2013
nym8783 wrote:
<quoted text> just like the last time. This will most likely pass in the senate,why are people acting so surprised and calling this a victory?no Abran Las bocas sin pensar, the house will use the bill as toilet paper
You might be right but 2 weeks ago you were saying : this bill won't even pass the senate. try not to contradict yourself

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#30 May 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
This bill will never pass the House. It is a sham.
Good for you !!!
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#31 May 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right but 2 weeks ago you were saying : this bill won't even pass the senate. try not to contradict yourself
I never said that.all I said was that it will have a difficult time passing the senate and that's still the case,but if it did the house will crush it
Mexican pride

Lodi, CA

#32 May 21, 2013
nym8783 wrote:
<quoted text> just like the last time. This will most likely pass in the senate,why are people acting so surprised and calling this a victory?no Abran Las bocas sin pensar, the house will use the bill as toilet paper
ha ha!! Vivai raza! I am Juan the boricua slayer!!!!!!!!
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#33 May 21, 2013
Mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text> ha ha!! Vivai raza! I am Juan the boricua slayer!!!!!!!!
no,you're just a mojon ensopado sin futuro
See the light

El Paso, TX

#34 May 21, 2013
jerry wrote:
american's are lazy people they are worried about this reform cause hispanic immigrants are hard working people and will take american jobs oh well deal with it cause that reform will take place so sit down shut up and eat a apple pie lol!!!!! let the immigrants take over haha
Call them what they are ILLEGAL ALIENS!
Ana

Phoenix, AZ

#35 May 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You'll see that it most certainly will! Si se puede!!
Ana

Phoenix, AZ

#36 May 21, 2013
See the light wrote:
<quoted text>Call them what they are ILLEGAL ALIENS!
Hating on us only because its true. We are hard workers, not like you lazy Americans who can't do anything but sit on your behind & be a lazy ass people while we are the ones breaking our backs. Thank you very much, racist punk.
See the light

El Paso, TX

#38 May 21, 2013
Ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating on us only because its true. We are hard workers, not like you lazy Americans who can't do anything but sit on your behind & be a lazy ass people while we are the ones breaking our backs. Thank you very much, racist punk.
You people do clean toilots pretty well but most are taking seistas under a tree with a bottle of beer.
Pepe

Washington, DC

#39 May 22, 2013
Maybe it is karma!!!!!! Now somebody come over "your"country to take over ,that way you guys come and take over navajos!!!! And take "your" lands that way you guys take over mexican's lands!!!! Now you come and said is not fair !!!:( they have not rigth!!! Buuu buuuu buuu or maybe you live in fear thinking you gone to end living in reservations like the navajos !!!! Real owners of this lands!!!!!
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#40 May 22, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Another member of the 15% who approves the good job that congress is doing just 15% but want to impose their will over the rest of the nation in a democracy.
meatman

Dallas, TX

#41 May 22, 2013
Enigma wrote:
Of course it did. Let's just give everyone a free pass to drain our already crumbling economy. That's right, we're being led nationally by an illegal so it only makes sense
are you dumb or just ignorant.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#42 May 22, 2013
jerry wrote:
american's are lazy people they are worried about this reform cause hispanic immigrants are hard working people and will take american jobs oh well deal with it cause that reform will take place so sit down shut up and eat a apple pie lol!!!!! let the immigrants take over haha
Any one can work hard. What are you talking about?
Especially , when you come a third world country(many in mudd huts),no running water,no toilets,dirt floors and a habit of breeding children you cannot support (you get the picture)would eventually realize that once here they must work in order to feed themselves and their large families ... because I am sure although they immediately apply for welfare /are accepted and eventually receive, most likely it is not enough. Every person in such situation will get their arse up n go to work. So, your argument that they work hard is B.S.
We all work,if not we don't eat.
Illegals work a little harder because they are brown nosing their employer for fear of being DEPORTED,have a big family to feed/support.
Illegals,especially Mexico is a disgrace to our country. Trafficking drugs into our schools/neighborhood/cities and States, stealing services that belong to those who paid into the system by breeding children they can not support,Taking away precious medical care Dollars from our elders,the children etc... the list goes on. If you're smart you would do your research on each and everything I mentioned,educate yourself as to how dollars are siphoned from this or that program to support the illegal population.
So, don't come in here talking out of your arse with that they work hard,for I living in a Sanctuary City.... have seen EXACTLY how hard they work..... yeah,working the system.
Take you B.S. elsewhere,I have seen different.... each and every day.
ItGoesBothWays

Ardsley, NY

#43 May 22, 2013
nym8783 wrote:
<quoted text> I never said that.all I said was that it will have a difficult time passing the senate and that's still the case,but if it did the house will crush it
It will pass the senate. This will ultimately be decided in a bicameral conference committee.
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#44 May 22, 2013
How can you say that pilgrims are different from illigal aliens because they were "brave pioneers that risked everything to come to a new world for religious freedom, democracy, and prosperity." Really because I am pretty sure that's exactly what many illegal aliens are doing, they risk their lives for those same reasons but because what the pilgrims were middle class white guys and the native americans were brown it was completely okay to massacre their people and steel their land. I think we're are pretty damn lucky illegal immigants aren't like pilgrims in that aspect, in fact one might even call them better human beings for that.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/151441...

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect, and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean.-Bob Marley
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ron-nikkel/by-p...
Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#45 May 22, 2013
Ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we not want racist, mean, lazy people like Ana stealing everything that hard working Americans have? The media may hide the truth but people like this show exactly what illegal aliens are. Keep up the good work. If anybody can stop amnesty it is people like this.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#46 May 22, 2013
ItGoesBothWays wrote:
<quoted text>
It will pass the senate. This will ultimately be decided in a bicameral conference committee.
I say let the freakin' plan pass already. Let's all deal with it,let the economy come to a stand still.... That is the only way we can wake up those who are still asleep. Unfortunately , Americans will suffer,but in the long run we will rid ourselves of these useless,sell-out in WH, welfare will be harder to receive/qualify for and people will think twice.
Slowly,but surely we will fix the mess brought upon us. I guarantee you !
No Real American, who love their country will ever throw in the towel and call it a day, no real American.
Americans have sacrifices,worked to hard and gone thru adversities to let America fail, Period!
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#47 May 22, 2013
P.S. Where is this good for nothing Memo/Turner character. I work up with a freakin' backache,I am ready to rumble with this good for nothing Troll ! LOLOLOLOL....(jokin',,, I needed a laugh).
He is annoying tho !
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#48 May 22, 2013
*woke up
Mexican pride

Lodi, CA

#49 May 22, 2013
nym8783 wrote:
<quoted text>no,you're just a mojon ensopado sin futuro
sin futuro??? Look who's talking? Im respected by more wealthy American people then you will ever be in you're life! I shake their hands every day! They do business with me year round how about you four eyes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nixon went to China, Trump went for 'amnesty' 7 min Jim-ca 10
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 26 min Tm Cln 313
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 44 min positronium 7,128
News Trump Administration Sides With Texas on Sanctu... 1 hr tomin cali 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Valerie 146,165
News Trump election-fraud official running for Kansa... 1 hr Valerie 26
News Only mass deportation can save America 4 hr tomin cali 41
More from around the web