Immigration reform requires meeting i...

Immigration reform requires meeting in the middle

There are 4 comments on the Post and Courier story from Nov 13, 2013, titled Immigration reform requires meeting in the middle. In it, Post and Courier reports that:

One reason Washington makes so much bad history is that so many people here know so little history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post and Courier.

leo de la cruz

San Bruno, CA

#1 Nov 14, 2013
in my opinion, its up to republicans if they want it or not. but Gods knows what should it be happened. we can't force them to let it happen coz they controlled the house by their own power, but i just want to remind anybody that this will be a stain of the soul of america. ok let it go, what they want. but we have only one life in this world. its their choice to suffer people who need an attention and want to live freely with the families. yes they win, coz they have majority and power. life is so short to live those people who need immigration. when it will happened? when they are old? when they are dying and abuse by employers, when someone died already? as what I've said, life is so short. life is precious, and special. yes republicans win in the house, coz they are powerful? someday anyone of us will have a last breath in life when we become old, and don't let that future will realize what we are doing this days. for me, its better to die someday when you are helping this days rather than dying that you will regret what you did and hurts these people needs reform. be responsible with heart not by political strategy, be helpful, be loving as what you did in some other countries, but why in the US mainland nothing happened. i don't understand this politics, any kind of ideas from house republicans are hurting to people. they just thinking their lives as native americans, just for their own and hope millions of undocumented immigrants annoyed their solution by doing nothing. I hope God will also forgive them as people needs to be free by them. When we grow old we will die, so now be good and loving not hitler.
Jehan Laurent

Carlsbad, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2013
Obamacare and the Senate's Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) are alike: CIR is a bill that nobody has read, nobody understands, and when implemented will cause far more harm than good.
--Adds 5 million new job seekers to the economy yearly amid a job and wage market crisis.
--Panders to corporations seeking to keep a flow of cheap, illegal labor into the marketplace to undermine US worker jobs and wages further toward profiteering.
--Panders to the tribalist Latino community that places racial ties above the needs of the country and US workforce and needs of a diverse legal immigrant worker community.
--Is projected to reduce US wages across the board for all workers (due to the new glut in labor versus the lack of employment demand). And MORE!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#3 Nov 14, 2013
Well stated. It is sad that so many Americans are demanding lower wages and higher taxes as a solution to our economic problems. Rather than lifting the poor up we are pushing the middle class down. Rather than raising standards we are lowering expectations.This is the redistribution of wealth that was promised.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2013
Immigration doesn't need reform. It needs adherence to standards and enforcement of those standards through existing laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 52 min jimmy krack korn 139,151
News Please banish hateful terminology 2 hr Jim Bob 390
News Kirsten Powers: Unjust ICE deportation leaves c... 3 hr altruista 5
News White House blasts Donald Trump over supporters... 3 hr Cat74 177
News Hispanic Virginia Republican opposes Obama amne... 15 hr Preibus Pledge 40
News Donald Trump promises to deport all illegal imm... 15 hr Virginity long gone 12
News Poll: Donald Trump surges to 32% support 15 hr Tony Haywards BP 626
More from around the web