Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#811 Jul 27, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame we live in such a backward culture with anachronistic notions like assumed innocence and trial by jury.
If only we were more enlightened as a society, we could skip all that juris prudence nonsense and go straight to trial by media.
Of course, if you were less busy constantly posting online, you could use your powers of omniscience to let us lesser human know who is guilty or innocent based mind-reading abilities.
Have you seen this poll?

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2...

Two more points to consider:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ldm4bvsZqfA/TsIRk7J...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#812 Jul 27, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Feds already investigated, now what?
They just keep babbling on and on....Yeah, a little tough for DOJ to overlook the FBI's investigation, that found ZERO RACIAL BIAS, on the part of the now free....George Zimmerman.....

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#813 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this poll?
I'm genuinely amazed that someone like yourself, who must have spent a great deal of time being processed through our legal system, would have such a poor grasp of it.

In America, the country where the trial was held, polls don't actually decide guilt or innocence. In fact, they make a great effort to chose jurors who aren't swept up in a media-induced frenzy because -- in that pesky American legal system -- jurors are supposed to judge based on the facts presented in court by lawyers and not on the all-knowing pronouncements of Wolf Blitzer and Katie Couric.

It is presumed -- in our backwards legal system -- that the evidence presented in court is what matters to the verdict and not what is pronounced to be true on Good Morning, Baltimore.

Surprised you didn't know that.
nutjobs here

Ramla, Israel

#815 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this poll?
Have you seen that poll?
All you have shown is a chart with no link to the questions, poll or anything really.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#816 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggest you make an appointment to have a doctor check your symptoms of dementia and.or psychosis, bubba.
Here's over 22 million google links to news articles saying the feds just began investigating Zimmerman
http://www.google.com/webhp...
My doctor said I am fine, thanks. He also provided the following prescription.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), meanwhile, has already concluded that there is no evidence that Zimmerman was motivated by racism. As reported July 12, 2012 by the Orlando Sentinel and the on the website of the examiner, the FBI have already investigated Zimmerman’s motives. As part of that investigation, the Bureau interviewed more than 30 people, including family, friends and co-workers of the defendant. According to the FBI document reporting the findings of their investigation, one of the questions asked of each interviewee was whether Zimmerman had ever “displayed any bias, prejudice or irrational attitude against any class of citizen, religious, racial, gender or ethnic groups.” None of those interviewed answered “yes” to this question.

Would you like to see a copy of the report?

Level 1

United States of America

#817 Jul 27, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did answer the question, Toby.
Your question is based on the logical fallacy of presuming apples and oranges are interchangeable, bubba. They aren't. Neither is federal civil rights law and state criminal law.

Ask me if Zimmerman volunteered to take an FBI polygraph on his self=defense story.....and passed it....would I believe he was innocent?

Level 1

United States of America

#818 Jul 27, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
My doctor said I am fine, thanks. He also provided the following prescription.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), meanwhile, has already concluded that there is no evidence that Zimmerman was motivated by racism. As reported July 12, 2012 by the Orlando Sentinel and the on the website of the examiner, the FBI have already investigated Zimmerman’s motives. As part of that investigation, the Bureau interviewed more than 30 people, including family, friends and co-workers of the defendant. According to the FBI document reporting the findings of their investigation, one of the questions asked of each interviewee was whether Zimmerman had ever “displayed any bias, prejudice or irrational attitude against any class of citizen, religious, racial, gender or ethnic groups.” None of those interviewed answered “yes” to this question.
Would you like to see a copy of the report?
Suggest you get a second opinion, bubba.

July 2012 was a year ago. Now its July 2013.

Get it?

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#822 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What a ridiculous question, bubba.
Zimmerman is not innocent. All the evidence presented at trial would have supported a conviction of guilty for the crime of aggravated manslaughter and that's what Florida's prosecutor should have charged him with. The fact that the victim was a minor could have put Zimmerman away for up to 30 years. The fact that the prosecutor did not charge him with what she knew she could prove and the fact that juror B29 was instructed that the law required "intent" to convict for manslaughter are significant issues the feds will be investigating along with Zimmerman's obvious racial profiling of Martin, etc.
LOL.. You really should give up this losing battle since you already lost and the jury decided..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#823 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>The verdict was a scam. If you do not think a child shot in the back, face down with his murderer straddling him, is proof of at least unintentional manslaughter then you are part of the problem.
WOW oh clueless one show any proof he was shot in the back.. Just one link will do..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Ocala, FL

#824 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. It amazes me to no end, but makes me wonder why these people are so set on a murderer being set free. Is it because they think he will "only" murder blacks. Do you know that most blacks mourned the death of the teachers and children in Sandy Hook and the Boston bombing? You know, whites who were killed and white children who died.
Did you know that it was a black man who rescued the three white women who had been locked up and enslaved by a white man? I am surprised that blacks just continue to help white people. Like the black man who helped rescue the people from the Colorado movie theater.
I guess it is because a lot of whites were upset over the Rodney King beating and also the travesty of justice against Trayvon.
I hope the good black people and good white people continue to be good, despite the actions of people like some posters here.
Gee you are not racist are ya?? Its only black and white to ya..

Eagle
Whiners are Weiners

Anonymous Proxy

#825 Jul 27, 2013
The audacity to ask for a better jury.

That punk-thug Trayvon Martin is lucky he even got a trial at all, which the trial proved once and for all to the racebaiters out there, that there wasn't any evidence to convict ZMan of murder or even manslaughter.

It cost 3 million dollars to ram this point home even though the Sanford PD knew ZMan acted in self defense.

You whiners had your trial.
Get over it.

Level 1

United States of America

#826 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. It amazes me to no end, but makes me wonder why these people are so set on a murderer being set free. Is it because they think he will "only" murder blacks. Do you know that most blacks mourned the death of the teachers and children in Sandy Hook and the Boston bombing? You know, whites who were killed and white children who died.
Did you know that it was a black man who rescued the three white women who had been locked up and enslaved by a white man? I am surprised that blacks just continue to help white people. Like the black man who helped rescue the people from the Colorado movie theater.
I guess it is because a lot of whites were upset over the Rodney King beating and also the travesty of justice against Trayvon.
I hope the good black people and good white people continue to be good, despite the actions of people like some posters here.
It's called southern justice. When a white person kills a unarmed black person in the south, if calling it a "suicide" won't close the file, then they call it "self-defense" like the Sanford police did. It may be 2013 on the rest of the world's calendars, but the backward whites in southern states are still living in the 1860's and hate yankees almost as much as they hate blacks
nutjobs here

Ramla, Israel

#827 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called southern justice. When a white person kills a unarmed black person in the south, if calling it a "suicide" won't close the file, then they call it "self-defense" like the Sanford police did. It may be 2013 on the rest of the world's calendars, but the backward whites in southern states are still living in the 1860's and hate yankees almost as much as they hate blacks
f course there is no societal racism throughout the middle east, and Africa.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#828 Jul 27, 2013
Whiners are Weiners wrote:
The audacity to ask for a better jury.
That punk-thug Trayvon Martin is lucky he even got a trial at all, which the trial proved once and for all to the racebaiters out there, that there wasn't any evidence to convict ZMan of murder or even manslaughter.
It cost 3 million dollars to ram this point home even though the Sanford PD knew ZMan acted in self defense.
You whiners had your trial.
Get over it.
What a sad f-ing excuse for a human being you are ...

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#829 Jul 27, 2013
get well soon trayvon, we're all pulling for you.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#830 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it seem the least bit unusual that liberal thugs went in and installed their own law enforcement,judge and prosecuters and they still couldn't get a conviction?
Nice to know you still need a little thing called evidence in a court of law.
TGO

Vernon, FL

#831 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one channelling Ashley Wilkes here, beebo.

On my street there is one Florida born resident.

I was born a yankee and my alma mater is a northern university.

All the others on my street are either from a northern state or are northern retirees.
Truth

United States

#832 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Suggest you get a second opinion, bubba.

July 2012 was a year ago. Now its July 2013.

Get it?
Doesn't matter what has happened since the incident. Can't change the fact that there was no racism involved during the incident. He probably does hate black people now.
Truth

United States

#833 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>The verdict was a scam. If you do not think a child shot in the back, face down with his murderer straddling him, is proof of at least unintentional manslaughter then you are part of the problem.
LOL. Another moron that doesn't know the evidence because they didn't watch the trial. Evidence was clear that Martin was on top of Zimmerman when Zimmerman shot him in the chest and not the back. Study up on the case so you don't look like such an idiot.
Truth

United States

#834 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>Be smart fella. If the FBI had confirmed their opinions of a year ago, they would not be examining all of the evidence NOW even as we speak. Would you like a copy of the media outlets info wherein the FBI asked for the case transcripts and all of the evidence?
Study up on the case. It was confirmed by the FBI that there was no racism involved. Also confirmed at trial that you evidently didn't watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 6 min wild child 946
UTAH IMMIGRANT LIST: Utah Latinos call on state... (Jul '10) 11 min wild child 110
Why Nevada has become a leader in immigration r... 14 min wild child 5
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 1 hr On the front line 3
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 1 hr barefoot2626 287
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 1 hr spocko 638
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 1 hr barefoot2626 142
More from around the web