Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News

Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now.
Comments
241 - 260 of 802 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2013
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Decisions, decisions, which idiot dispatcher do you believe
The dispatcher that makes the most sense - ie. Zimmerman don't follow the young man and don't escalate any confrontations.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I would advise my children to continue home as quickly as possible while they use the phone to call the police. Trayvon didn't have 2 working brain cells, and continued talking to Princess Jeantel who could be of no help at all. Most people noted how Mr Zimmerman did call the police, so he obviously did not plan on breaking any laws. Then the gorilla man broke his nose, and beat his head on the sidewalk, and he did what Any of us would do in that instance.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not, the case proved that Martin was the aggressor and started the physical confrontation. As far as the dispatcher that made the most sense, is that not in the ear and eye of the beholder?
How did the case prove that Martin was the aggressor and started the physical confrontation, bubba?

There is absolutely nothing in Martin's history that indicates he had ever engaged in any kind of physical confrontation with anybody.

On the other hand, Zimmerman's arrest record clearly shows he was prone to starting violent confrontations and assaulting women and cops--and that his daddy, Judge Zimmerman, likely used his influence to clean up after his baby boy. Four arrests including hitting a cop and no charges were ever filed? Amazing.

If, as you say, Martin was the aggressor, why wasn't ANY of Martin's DNA found anywhere on Zimmerman's skin, clothing, or Zimmerman's 9mm? How can that be, bubba?

None of Zimmerman's DNA was found underneath Martin's fingernails and no abrasions were found anywhere on Martin's hands, wrists, fingers, knuckles indicating defensive or offensive wounds, according to the autopsy report. How can that be, bubba?

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Lord have Mercy !... can we put his topic to rest and let the little thug... oops I mean the little boy Rest in peace.

Level 1

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
I would advise my children to continue home as quickly as possible while they use the phone to call the police. Trayvon didn't have 2 working brain cells, and continued talking to Princess Jeantel who could be of no help at all. Most people noted how Mr Zimmerman did call the police, so he obviously did not plan on breaking any laws. Then the gorilla man broke his nose, and beat his head on the sidewalk, and he did what Any of us would do in that instance.
Really?

If Martin broke Zimmerman's nose why is there no evidence either that Zimmerman's nose was broken or that it was Martin who did it?

None of Martin's DNA was found anywhere on Zimmerman's nose, head, skin, clothing, or gun.

None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

How did it happen, bubba?

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

AmericanGal wrote:
Lord have Mercy !... can we put his topic to rest and let the little thug... oops I mean the little boy Rest in peace.
But than again, some people(especially men) go on and on with the same argument til u lose ur scruples and boop them upside the head,LOL

Level 1

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, is bubba a kind of pet name that you use? Second, Zimmerman was found not guilty of Second Degree Murder and Manslaughter because the death was a result of self defense. Every witness had Martin as the one on top and Martin also reversed his path from toward his fathers house to one toward Zimmerman to force the confrontation. The proof is in the pudding, "Bubba", Zimmerman was found not guilty of all charges ergo Martin was more responsible for his own death than George Zimmerman.
You didn't answer my questions, bubba.

Every witness, huh? LOL

The police found Martin's body face down on the ground 100 feet from his doorstep. There was no evidence or testimony presented in court that Martin ever reversed his path from trying to get to his door, bubba.

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, why didn't the back (or front, top, or bottom) of Zimmerman's clothes have ANY mud, grass stains, or any other kind of dirt or debris on them anywhere. Hmmmmm....? Why is that the forensic evidence presented indicated only the back of Martin's clothing had dirt, debris and mud on them?

Waiting for your answers....

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

AmericanGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't advise/teach them to run,but i would teach them to stay calm,walk, go about their business/walk home.
keywords... stay calm
Agreed, but the operative point is the same, go home not confront the other party

Level 1

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

George Zimmerman Won't Get His Gun Back As DOJ Contemplates Federal Charges On Trayvon Martin Killing

http://www.ibtimes.com/george-zimmerman-wont-...

There is NO statute of limitations for filing federal charges against Zimmerman for violation of Martin's civil rights so DOJ can take their time reviewing the evidence and prospective witnesses.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, why didn't the back (or front, top, or bottom) of Zimmerman's clothes have ANY mud, grass stains, or any other kind of dirt or debris on them anywhere. Hmmmmm....?
They didn't?

Testimony during the trial stated otherwise:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/george-zim...

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
George Zimmerman Won't Get His Gun Back As DOJ Contemplates Federal Charges On Trayvon Martin Killing
There is NO statute of limitations for filing federal charges against Zimmerman for violation of Martin's civil rights so DOJ can take their time reviewing the evidence and prospective witnesses.
lol

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
Trayvon THOUGHT he was kicking a f*g's a*s and Zimmerman is the bad guy? Trayvon STARTED the fight and Zimmerman is the bad guy? Trayvon was on top beating him into the ground and Zimmerman is the bad guy? Zimmerman was a community watch guy that got jumped by a guy that THOUGHT he[Zimmerman] was a gay predator!

The 19-year-old described to Morgan how she told Martin that Zimmerman might be a “pervert” or “rapist.” She believed that Martin’s fear led him to flee the older man, but not head straight to the home where he had been staying because the 12-year-old son of his father’s fiancée was there.

Trayvon was f*g bashing!

Level 1

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Every witness, huh? LOL

The police found Martin's body face down on the ground 100 feet from his doorstep. There was no evidence or testimony presented in court that Martin ever reversed his path from trying to get to his door, bubba.

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, why didn't the back (or front, top, or bottom) of Zimmerman's clothes have ANY mud, grass stains, or any other kind of dirt or debris on them anywhere. Hmmmmm....? Why is that the forensic evidence presented indicated only the back of Martin's clothing had dirt, debris and mud on them?

WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE THAT MARTIN ATTACKED ZIMMERMAN, BUBBA?

Waiting for your answers....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You already got my answers, the prosecution presented it's case or lack of such. The defense presented it's case that Zimmerman was not guilty. The jury got the case, pondered it for two days and came out with a not guilty verdict that all six agreed on. Case proven, Zimmerman, not guilty, Martin dead because of his actions. Case closed.
yes, Martin is dead because of Zimmereman's actions. as any civil suit will discuss at length.

Level 1

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You already got my answers, the prosecution presented it's case or lack of such. The defense presented it's case that Zimmerman was not guilty. The jury got the case, pondered it for two days and came out with a not guilty verdict that all six agreed on. Case proven, Zimmerman, not guilty, Martin dead because of his actions. Case closed.

Where is the evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman?

The jury's verdict does not match the evidence presented by the prosecution. And, after the verdict, one juror admitted she violated the judge's order not to discuss the case with anyone during the trial. That admission alone is enough to have the verdict set aside and order a new trial.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Trayvon Martin is not a miscarriage of American justice, but American justice itself.
I don't think the import of this is being appreciated. Effectively, I can bait you into a fight and if I start losing I can legally kill you, provided I "believe" myself to be subject to "great bodily harm." It is then the state's job to prove -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- that I either did not actually fear for my life, or my fear was unreasonable. In the case of GZ, even if the state proved that he baited an encounter they still must prove that he had no reasonable justification to fear for his life. Stand your ground does not prevent violence – it encourages it!
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Muay Thai Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, no testimony ever said that Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
Yet someone else who didn't follow the actual trial:

Testimony included such gems as:

"Smith, the police officer, testified that when he saw Zimmerman after the shooting, the neighborhood watch volunteer's backside was covered in grass and wetter than his front side, bolstering defense attorneys' contention that Martin was on top of Zimmerman."

and

"Good testified he saw a person in black clothing on top of another person with "white or red" clothing. He said he couldn't see faces but it looked like the person on the bottom had lighter skin. Martin was black and was wearing a dark hoodie. Zimmerman identifies as Hispanic and was wearing a red jacket."
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman?
See above
Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

ezdzit wrote:

He already got a new gun. Feds cleared him of racial bias. That element is needed for Federal charge. It's all over. Should have never been charged.
Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

i see oj wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't?

Testimony during the trial stated otherwise:

Back of clothing did have grass and stains. You must have slept through the trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••