Martin family attorney wanted a bette...

Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

There are 800 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 14, 2013, titled Martin family attorney wanted a better jury. In it, CBS News reports that:

Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Brad

Manchester, CT

#236 Jul 19, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The parents of Trayvon set him up for his early demise by ignoring him all of his miserable life. Neither one wanted him. His loving father didn't know he was dead until the following morning. Mommie dearest had other children by multiple fathers. She real quick saw he was worth more dead then alive, and cashed in. So if you want to feel sorry for Trayvon, feel sorry for the way he lived, not the way he died.
Suppose he'll be on the cover of Rolling Stone next month.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#237 Jul 19, 2013
Maybe we could ask Sherman Ware how much of a racism George Zimmerman is.
waynesworld

Hengoed, UK

#238 Jul 19, 2013
Banned wrote:
How could they have even asked for a better jury? If a jury of all women wouldn't convict someone of second degree murder of a seventeen year old then who do they believe would have?
I believe that if the defense would have been allowed to introduce the text messages and videos on TM cell phone the entire country would have a different opinion about what happened.
This was a clear case of self- defense from day one. Anytime you have to file a lawsuit just to have someone arrested and charged with a crime you can be sure the case against that person is very weak.
a jury of gang-bangers maybe?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#239 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fkng LIAR, a piece of white racist shit who deliberately misrepresented the circumstances of Martin’s death in a blatant attempt to demonize the murder victim.
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence ‚ a felony charge that should have landed him in prison. So how did all three of those arrests mysteriously get closed without any charges being filed?. How did someone like Zimmerman with a violent past including battery against a woman and a police officer get to carry a 9 mm handgun? Answer: When you are the “fortunate son” of a retired Orange County judge. who cleans up your messes, you get to do anything you want, even get away with murdering children. If Zimmerman had been locked up in jail for his previous felonies like he should have been, Martin would be alive today.
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Div 10
OKane, Julie H
Criminal Felony
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
2005-MM-010436-A-O
10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Orlando
Miller, W Michael
Misdemeanor
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
2005-DR-012980-O
ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M
08/09/2005
Div 44
44, TBA
Domestic Violence
Closed ‚Ä́ SRS
2005-DR-013069-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A
08/10/2005
Div 46
White, Keith F
Domestic Violence
Closed ‚Ä́ SRS
And with all this jargon you copy and pasted, one thing remains clear, Zimmerman was the one with all the lacerations and bruises. Martin had none on his puss. So, this lends itself to the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Why did Martin return to the site? To teach the cracka not to confront him. What a stupid imbecile. For you to defend his actions proves you are the racist. To reply to the allegations on Zimmerman, they were no more admissible than Martins thievery and drug possession.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#241 Jul 19, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for knowing how to use different words to express myself.
Most black people have an extended vocabulary. I thought you knew black people...Turns out, you might be full of shit.
As I have expressed myself....Believe what you want, like Trayvon was an innocent child hahahahahahah! Yeah, sure.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#243 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fkng LIAR, a piece of white racist shit who deliberately misrepresented the circumstances of Martin’s death in a blatant attempt to demonize the murder victim.
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence ‚ a felony charge that should have landed him in prison. So how did all three of those arrests mysteriously get closed without any charges being filed?. How did someone like Zimmerman with a violent past including battery against a woman and a police officer get to carry a 9 mm handgun? Answer: When you are the “fortunate son” of a retired Orange County judge. who cleans up your messes, you get to do anything you want, even get away with murdering children. If Zimmerman had been locked up in jail for his previous felonies like he should have been, Martin would be alive today.
10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Div 10
OKane, Julie H
Criminal Felony
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
2005-MM-010436-A-O
10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Orlando
Miller, W Michael
Misdemeanor
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
2005-DR-012980-O
ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M
08/09/2005
Div 44
44, TBA
Domestic Violence
Closed ‚Ä́ SRS
2005-DR-013069-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A
08/10/2005
Div 46
White, Keith F
Domestic Violence
Closed ‚Ä́ SRS
The best thing that could happen is that Zimmerman eats his own gun and blows his diseased brains out before he murders someone else. Sooner or later little Georgie boy is going to make another mess that even his Florida judge daddy can't clean up. It's just a matter of time....
And the copy paste button is stuck..........

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#244 Jul 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have expressed myself....Believe what you want, like Trayvon was an innocent child hahahahahahah! Yeah, sure.
What was Trayvon guilty of?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#245 Jul 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What was Trayvon guilty of?
Trying to kill Zimmerman. Wasn't that obvious? By the way, would the phrase (coming out of a dude sitting on your chest bashing your head on the sidewalk) " your gonna die tonight" instill fear in you. If not, Trayvon was innocent........LOL!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#246 Jul 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to kill Zimmerman. Wasn't that obvious? By the way, would the phrase (coming out of a dude sitting on your chest bashing your head on the sidewalk) " your gonna die tonight" instill fear in you. If not, Trayvon was innocent........LOL!
So he didn't have the right to stand his ground?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#248 Jul 19, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>

The DNA and forensic evidence in this case does not support either your LIES or that fat child killing psycho Zimmerman.

Level 6

#249 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNA and forensic evidence in this case does not support either your LIES or that fat child killing psycho Zimmerman.
According to the jury they did
Cat74

United States

#250 Jul 19, 2013
These creatures don't want to hear about no stinking jury.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#260 Jul 19, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the jury they did
Correction: according to the FIRST jury, i.e. six white females from the local gene pool.

Stay tuned for the federal jury's decision on whether or not Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, bubba.

Level 6

#267 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: according to the FIRST jury, i.e. six white females from the local gene pool.
Stay tuned for the federal jury's decision on whether or not Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights, bubba.
yeah, God forbid our President be bound by something as trivial as the Constitution, boy.

Level 6

#276 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep holding your breath for that federal case, white folk turn blue after a while, what color will you turn boy.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 9

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#277 Jul 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to ya but there will be no federal charges.. Or do you just not believe obama's own words?? ;-)

"At the same time, Obama responded to calls by civil rights groups for federal hate crimes charges to be filed against Zimmerman by saying the Florida legal process had reached a verdict.
"Once the jury's spoken, that's how our system works," the president said, later adding that while Attorney General Eric Holder was looking further at the case, those calling for federal charges must "have some clear expectations here."
In America, law enforcement and the criminal code are "traditionally done at the state and local levels, not at the federal level," he said."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/politics/obama-...

Eagle

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#278 Jul 19, 2013
Banned wrote:
How could they have even asked for a better jury? If a jury of all women wouldn't convict someone of second degree murder of a seventeen year old then who do they believe would have?
I believe that if the defense would have been allowed to introduce the text messages and videos on TM cell phone the entire country would have a different opinion about what happened.
This was a clear case of self- defense from day one. Anytime you have to file a lawsuit just to have someone arrested and charged with a crime you can be sure the case against that person is very weak.
A jury of reasonable people instead of 5 racist white women and a Latino. The text messages and videos were irrelevant on the child's cell phone.

Perhaps, a jury of 6 men who were watching the 2012 Feb. 26 All star game with Kobe and LeBron would have known that when Trayvon left his house to go the 711 at half time to get snacks, he had 15 minutes to get back, or he may have missed LeBron posterizing Kobe or visa versa. Really, so you are saying that when blacks had to get the federal government to intervene in the South due to civil rights violations and no charges EVER against white on black crimes it was because the cases were weak.

I wonder if the defense in the OJ case should have been allowed to introduce the fact that Denise Brown was a drug addict and Ron Goldman was her Mezzaluna drug runner and he was there delivering her evening cocaine package.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

Level 1

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#279 Jul 19, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to ya but there will be no federal charges.. Or do you just not believe obama's own words?? ;-)
"At the same time, Obama responded to calls by civil rights groups for federal hate crimes charges to be filed against Zimmerman by saying the Florida legal process had reached a verdict.
"Once the jury's spoken, that's how our system works," the president said, later adding that while Attorney General Eric Holder was looking further at the case, those calling for federal charges must "have some clear expectations here."
In America, law enforcement and the criminal code are "traditionally done at the state and local levels, not at the federal level," he said."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/politics/obama-...
Eagle
Do you mean like in California where once the voters spoke on Prop 8, then Obama, the governor and AG were supposed to honor that. Or, when Obama decided not to have the DOJ defend DOMA when congress, the senate, president and people had spoken.

Maybe Obama has lost his mind, because Florida and the South have histories of having the federal government step in because they spoke with KKK tongues.

Thank goodness, the DOJ filed federal charges against the officers who beat Rodney King.

Know this too, the 2016 president can always step in and have charges filed and the current congress can step on Obama's toes since he is afraid to wear shoes.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

Level 1

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#280 Jul 19, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, God forbid our President be bound by something as trivial as the Constitution, boy.
Too bad, our president did not bind himself to something as trivia as the Constitution when it came to DOMA and Prop 8, so if he choose not to now, in your opinion, oh well.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

Level 1

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#281 Jul 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I too am interested in what this "agenda" happens to be. I would hope that the only agenda any American would have would be to be a productive member of society, having self-reliance and personal responsiblity, a work ethic, and the desire to instill these traits in their children. That "agenda" should also consist of stressing the importance of an education, whether it be attained from a college or a trade school. Without marketable skills in these economic times, the chance to become a viable, contributing factor in one's community will be greatly diminished.
The black agenda is to be able to leave your house at half time of a NBA All star game, go to 711 to get snacks and not be murdered by a racist who thinks that you should never have left the house or dare to return home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 6 min Trump the Lemming... 4,409
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 31 min VorenusI 145,040
News Trump blasts 'super liberal Democrat' in Georgi... 1 hr Gen WT Sherman 51
News Justice Dept. warns sanctuary cities in immigra... 1 hr Red Crosse 38
News Candidates for U.S. citizenship take the oath o... 1 hr John McQuan 3
News Texas poised to pass 'sanctuary city' ban with ... 2 hr Texas phartzz 4
News Nation-Now 47 mins ago 7:57 p.m.First protected... 2 hr OneWomynRiot 19
News Under Trump, ICE arrests soar for migrants with... 3 hr Chilli J 225
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 7 hr spocko 3,696
More from around the web