Youth activists detained while trying to enter US

Jul 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOI-TV West Des Moines

U.S. authorities have detained eight activists who asked to be allowed to re-enter the United States from Mexico on humanitarian grounds in a protest against American immigration policies.

Comments
101 - 120 of 145 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2013
White Bum Epidemic

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Asian too wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Asians do not look at Mexicans with sympathy. Most of us look at the way your people act with disgust and disdain. There is no sympathy because there are no Asians that would ever behave as you people behave As for empathy, no there is none.
There are no Asians in Chula Vista -none that aren't basket cases anyway. Give it up. Middle class Asians, Hispanics, Whites and Blacks all get along fine for the most part in the real world. It's only here on the net that people get all riled up and start going off into the hunger games. But I'll take the bait here for some fun.

Most people living on the East Coast are backwards uptight cooks about race -real ignorant retards. You don't get that BS in California for the most part. Harvard and the Ivy Leagues are dinosaurs with no future so who wants to live out there anymore.

West Coast is where it's at.
White Bum Epidemic

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Kooks -not cooks. Maybe some cooks I don't know.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Bump...

(interesting thread)
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Eduardo wrote:
<quoted text>
But the number is not 100+ million, that's a lie, is around a tenth of that.
Is also a lie that USA isn't allowing Islamic radicals into their country. The Chechnyan brothers had legal residence in the US because USA didn't have any problem allowing them in and approving all of their papers, do any of the current changes they want to implement to the USA immigration policy would have prevented them from entering and staying in the US?
I personally don't really care if USA allows Islamists into their country or not, that doesn't affect me in anyway. But is a lie that this changes would prevent them from entering to USA, gaining residence, work there, marry a local, and then one day decide that they want to kill all the infidels ...like Tsarnaev did.
That's correct. Most of the illegals aren't Muslim. For some weird reason, most Muslims get into the country legally or if illegally, thru Canada.

A fence on our southern border won't keep the illegally entering Muslims out. They prefer to drive across our borders with their Canada approved Visas.

You don't see a call for a fence across our northern border though.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

A Non White View wrote:
The black bums bother me less because black people face real discrimination. Whites on average don't know what real discrimination is although they often whine about reverse discrimination -which does happen but on a much smaller scale compared to what has been historically dished out.
Blacks, Hispanics and Asians know what real mass discrimination is. Whites only think they know.
The reality is hiring often comes down to tribalism. Minorities have to work twice as hard to get ahead in America in the corporate world. That's a fact.
And Shvt yeah , the Leave It To Beaver days were great -if you were white.
Since we're letting it all hang out.
BTW, I don't get all racial until people get racial with me. Otherwise I judge individuals, not their skin color.
Thank God most people don't see color in So Cal. Just out of towner trolls.
I guess you are unaware of the "No Irish Need Apply" signs that greeted Irish immigrants to America.

I guess you are unaware that white Catholics do still face economic discrimination in many states and in many companies across the United States.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

White Bum Epidemic wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Asians in Chula Vista -none that aren't basket cases anyway. Give it up. Middle class Asians, Hispanics, Whites and Blacks all get along fine for the most part in the real world. It's only here on the net that people get all riled up and start going off into the hunger games. But I'll take the bait here for some fun.
Most people living on the East Coast are backwards uptight cooks about race -real ignorant retards. You don't get that BS in California for the most part. Harvard and the Ivy Leagues are dinosaurs with no future so who wants to live out there anymore.
Trust me, Berkley has a reputation of being nuttier than Harvard, but Harvard does rank near the top, too.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

spud wrote:
If these kids are so American, why are they travelling to Mexico to recruit more protesters? They are the ones who are injecting race into this debacle. They are troublemakers and it would be best if they just stayed in Mexico with their true friends.
They grew up here in the United States. Their bff's are here in the US.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
They grew up here in the United States. Their bff's are here in the US.
So why do they travel to Mexico to recruit foreign protesters? What business does any Mexican national have meddling in the laws of the US? Why are these supposedly 100% American youths breaking our laws? These aren't the type of people this country needs. These folks are just troublemakers and racists.
Derek

Tustin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Keep those useless trouble makers in Mexico. Why are Mexicants in such a desperate rush to leave their beloved Mexico. They come here touting viva la Mexico yet none of them have a willingness to live in their country.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Most people living on the East Coast are backwards uptight cooks about race -real ignorant retards. You don't get that BS in California for the most part.........
Uh yeah, tell that to Reginald Denny!
Eduardo

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Derek wrote:
Keep those useless trouble makers in Mexico. Why are Mexicants in such a desperate rush to leave their beloved Mexico. They come here touting viva la Mexico yet none of them have a willingness to live in their country.
Afrocentrist from Pasadena?

Derek, don't tell me that you are also Historian.
Mark

Tustin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Eduardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Afrocentrist from Pasadena?
Derek, don't tell me that you are also Historian.
? I thought my name was and is clearly printed. Afrocentric ? I'm white you moron, however I can be Afrocentric if it offends you.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But if you go to Some places in LA things change a lot. Lots of very segregated areas. Some areas the Blacks cannot cross into the areas of the Hispanics and visa verse. I have been there. I have seen it. It does exist. The Black and Mexican gangs not only do battle against each other, but also against each other.

My best friend in the world who is a Montoya. Has a college degree and is very American in every way except the look he acquired from his grandparents heritage. They were from Mexico. But he is true blue 100% American. You do not call him a Mexican or even a Mexican American. Just American. He was trying hard to get his kids out of the High School there in Victorville. Between the Black and Hispanic gangs it got a little dangerous. His son Joey had a Black banger put a gun to his head in school for no reason other then he looked Hispanic, and the kid thought he stared at him. Joey is a teddy bear. The problem is you cannot report it, as it just makes it worse.

They do get along in certain areas of California. Chula Vista I agree is one of them.

Cannot say much about the East Coast. But I spent my fair share of my time in Southern California.
True

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are unaware of the "No Irish Need Apply" signs that greeted Irish immigrants to America.
I guess you are unaware that white Catholics do still face economic discrimination in many states and in many companies across the United States.
Lol, yeah you are right on that. But minorities do stick out more due to physical trait differences.

Then again, try to get a real job in LA without knowing Spanish or Chinese. It's not going to happen.

Things have come full circle. I'm sure if you went to non white countries the whites would be discriminated against for many jobs. But then so would other minorities -even more so.
Eduardo

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Mark-Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
? I thought my name was and is clearly printed. Afrocentric ? I'm white you moron, however I can be Afrocentric if it offends you.
It doesn't offend me. It's quite hilarious.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you go to Some places in LA things change a lot. Lots of very segregated areas. Some areas the Blacks cannot cross into the areas of the Hispanics and visa verse. I have been there. I have seen it. It does exist. The Black and Mexican gangs not only do battle against each other, but also against each other.
My best friend in the world who is a Montoya. Has a college degree and is very American in every way except the look he acquired from his grandparents heritage. They were from Mexico. But he is true blue 100% American. You do not call him a Mexican or even a Mexican American. Just American. He was trying hard to get his kids out of the High School there in Victorville. Between the Black and Hispanic gangs it got a little dangerous. His son Joey had a Black banger put a gun to his head in school for no reason other then he looked Hispanic, and the kid thought he stared at him. Joey is a teddy bear. The problem is you cannot report it, as it just makes it worse.
They do get along in certain areas of California. Chula Vista I agree is one of them.
Cannot say much about the East Coast. But I spent my fair share of my time in Southern California.
The Black and Mexican gangs not only do battle against each other, but also against their own ethnicity. Wish they had an edit button on this site.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Derek wrote:
You are living in a state that was once part of Mexico. Five things to remember about that.

First, the United States illegally invaded Mexico more than once and it is partly due to those illegal invasions that California is now part of the US.(Same with New Mexico and Arizona. Texas is a different story)

Second, there was support by many of the Hispanic residents of California for joining the United States before it became a territory of the United States.

Third, the President of the United States at the time, FDR, was petitioned by the Knights of Columbus to intervene in the communist revolution in Mexico to prevent it from becoming communist, but he refused due to his closet anti-Catholicism.

Fourth, many of the extremists who promoted revolutions in Mexico were indoctrinated in anti-Catholic public and anti-Catholic private universities in the United States.

Fifth, many native Americans fled to Mexico to avoid extermination here in the United States. Some fled to Canada to avoid extermination here in the United States. Protestants in Canada wanted to finish the job of exterminating those that fled to Canada, but the French Catholics and Native American Catholics in Canada vetoed that with their vote against it.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>So why do they travel to Mexico to recruit foreign protesters? What business does any Mexican national have meddling in the laws of the US? Why are these supposedly 100% American youths breaking our laws? These aren't the type of people this country needs. These folks are just troublemakers and racists.
As activists fighting injustice, these are definitely the kind of people we need more of in the United States.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a state that was once part of Mexico. Five things to remember about that.
First, the United States illegally invaded Mexico more than once and it is partly due to those illegal invasions that California is now part of the US.(Same with New Mexico and Arizona. Texas is a different story)
Second, there was support by many of the Hispanic residents of California for joining the United States before it became a territory of the United States.
Third, the President of the United States at the time, FDR, was petitioned by the Knights of Columbus to intervene in the communist revolution in Mexico to prevent it from becoming communist, but he refused due to his closet anti-Catholicism.
Fourth, many of the extremists who promoted revolutions in Mexico were indoctrinated in anti-Catholic public and anti-Catholic private universities in the United States.
Fifth, many native Americans fled to Mexico to avoid extermination here in the United States. Some fled to Canada to avoid extermination here in the United States. Protestants in Canada wanted to finish the job of exterminating those that fled to Canada, but the French Catholics and Native American Catholics in Canada vetoed that with their vote against it.
I understand your post. But in reality the land you speak of was owned by Native Indians before Spain took them. The Pope later gave those lands to Mexico. So it is almost like the last man standing. Countries still try to take other countries, but that is something that is not an easy thing to do in the current time. I can only think of a few where it was tried and failed in more modern times. So the borders of the world are pretty much set, unless someone wants to fight everyone. Mexico is actually Native land. It was not owned by Mexicans before Spain. It was separated between naive or indigenous people. They did not speak Spanish before Mexico evolved. So the true people of the land of Mexico, as well the USA are not the same as the faces that once lived there. Maybe just a low percentage of true bloods, but they are the minorities now.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
As activists fighting injustice, these are definitely the kind of people we need more of in the United States.
You're crazy. They're fighting against our country, whether you can see it or not. You people who promote lawlessness in the name of compassion ARE a big part of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••