Youth activists detained while trying to enter US

Jul 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOI-TV West Des Moines

U.S. authorities have detained eight activists who asked to be allowed to re-enter the United States from Mexico on humanitarian grounds in a protest against American immigration policies.

Comments
21 - 40 of 145 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2013
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
He is from Thailand. It is not even clear if he is in the US. Before he changed his avatar to say "location hidden" it said "Bangkok". In spite of his bluster he will never clarify his story.
hey. turner. let us all know where you live. your racial background. how old you are. the works.

can you do that without lying?

come on. enquiring minds want to know.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
The are some pretty big video gamer's here in Mexico Sirius. The kids are no different when it comes to violence in videos. They listen to their narco corridos just like American youth listen to rap.
Are they going after everyday Mexicans in Mexico video game, or criminals, like Narco's? I did not know about that one, but it seems like anything goes for a buck.
My neighbor is 68 years old here and he plays those violent video games for 5 hours a day. He is retired.
so if this retired man has grand kids around and watch him sit for hours playing these violent games they too are going to want to do the same? what a life, a waste really. So these games when bought are really making the cartels richer and their life style is glorified in a matter of speaking, right? how gruesome.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
why are detaining them at the expense of taxpayers hard earned money?
shoot them if they trespass. one warning shot followed by a bullet in the leg. if they continue.. a shot through the heart.
That would be a violation of International Law.

Let them in. They grew up here and have family here.
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Memo from Turner...
I believe that we Mexicans in general have no problems with Thais at all...
something is wrong with you. you can't see beyond color.

I'm an american. 100%.

and I have a big problem with anybody who is mexican that comes into MY country without permission. aka ILLEGAL ALIEN.

there are MILLIONS of us in the usa. we are not white. we are not black.

and we are smart enough to know that you mexicans do not have the best interest of anyone in the usa at heart. including me.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Thanks4YoureVotePendejos wrote:
Don't let the door hit you in the azz till next election. Remember to vote Democrat in 2016!
Find out why true immigration reform will never happen and all the other stuff you'll never hear on mainstream media.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/u...
You don't mind domestic spying yet? Wait till the government starts using your stollen private info to blackmail YOU into comitting crimes on their behalf. Welcome to modern day tyranny -high tech style.
Merger of state and corporation always = fascism/tyranny. Remember, we Americans will only recieve what we are willing put up with. They are testing us righ now. Let's push back.
Mainstream media leaves you depressed, dumbed down, empty and hopeless. What kind of crap will they focus on next to distract us from what's really important?
Truth based media gives you a heads up and broadens your horizons. It protects your family, health, and life savings. It's your decision...
http://www.infowars.com/leaked-u-s-army-docum...
Once you have a taste of truthful reporting you never go back to mainstream contrived corporate media.
These hosts bash Republicans and Democrats equally because they know both sides are illuminati bought puppets out to screw us.
Give alternative news sources a chance before you knock them. Download these shows to your MP3 players and listen on your way to work or whatever. All you need from mainstream media is breaking news and traffic/weather. You can listen to all these shows on your smart phone as well.
Exposes US Gov Corruption and Global Wide Illuminati Plots
http://rss.infowars.com/Alex.rss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eAaQNACwaLwXX (Skip around, you'll learn something useful)
Exposes Wallstreet and absolutely teaches you how to protect your money from the crooked banksters
http://www.philsgang.com/pgfreeshowarchives.a...
Exposes Secret/Ancient Knowledge Suppressed In Modern History Books and suppressed medical cures/prevention for diseases like cancer, etc. This guy is a medical doctor.
http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/
Often Exposes NASA Disinformation and Possible Offworld Intelligence -Search "Coast to Coast 2012 Shows" on Youtube and listen or use downloader -This is one way /Or get a CC Witness radio and record AM from your local affiliate. There is CIA disinfo injected from some of the guests but you learn how to identify it after a while by researching the guests' backgrounds. The hosts are simply great.
http://www.youtube.com/user/C2CVAULT...
Connects Bible Predictions/Prophecy to Modern Day Events -How Illuminati uses bible prophecy to plan false flag disasters eg. earthquakes, etc. There could also be some CIA brainwashing here as well from some of the guest lecturers but they give a heads up of what to look out for/predict down the road. The host does a good job of teaching about the bible and does not fear political correctness.
http://prophecyclub.com/TPC_Audio_Video.html
These radio hosts should do a show together or at least make guest appearences on each others shows. They all value truth and liberty in their own way.
Here's my take on it. Don't be afraid to speak out as we are all on some type of list by now:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
You have to understand that free speech on the net is about to be clamped down on in America.-mainland China style.
Clinton's Presidency was salvaged by Republican control of Congress. I think that's the only thing that will salvage Obama's Presidency too.

Democrat control of the Congress with Obama as President was a disaster. No need to repeat that.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

james wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not in the coming 30 years, English will be spoken in some white enclave and the national anthem will be replaced with a Spanish one. The way they are multiplying and the way they come over to this country, you better accept the fact they are going to be the majorty. Now they are 11 million illegals to be a citizen, as it was in Reagan time, which were 4 millions illegals who got amnesty.
The kind of you were so mean to the blacks and just wait, if it is not you, your kids will be subjected what the blacks went through. HAHAHAHAhaah
What are your predictions based upon? Immigration rates and the number of immigrants in the country are at relatively low levels in the historical sense. Between the years 1850-1920 approximately 15% of the population were immigrants. Currently approximately 12% of the population is foreign born. The fertility rates were much higher among immigrants in the past then they are now. Strangely I still see American flags everywhere I go.
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a violation of International Law.
Let them in. They grew up here and have family here.
did you read the article?

they are not citizens of the usa. and they were illegally in the usa when they were deported.

who gives a fu#k if they have family in the usa. that doesn't make it ok to let them in.

as for being quote, "violation of international law" to shoot them. you don't know worth shit. self defense is a valid option in any country.

tell me it is not so?
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your predictions based upon? Immigration rates and the number of immigrants in the country are at relatively low levels in the historical sense. Between the years 1850-1920 approximately 15% of the population were immigrants. Currently approximately 12% of the population is foreign born. The fertility rates were much higher among immigrants in the past then they are now. Strangely I still see American flags everywhere I go.
guy, back to your lies again?

do you really want me to provide some links to prove you are wrong on the facts?

if I didn't know better, I would think you were muslim.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
did you read the article?
they are not citizens of the usa. and they were illegally in the usa when they were deported.
who gives a fu#k if they have family in the usa. that doesn't make it ok to let them in.
as for being quote, "violation of international law" to shoot them. you don't know worth shit. self defense is a valid option in any country.
tell me it is not so?
Many of them came to the country as children not adults. The parents violated the law by coming to the country illegally or overstaying their visa in some cases, but as children they were too young to be regarded as acting in violation of our laws.

They were raised here in the United States and attended our schools and essentially they are just as American as you and I.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
do you really want me to provide some links to prove you are wrong on the facts?
Links to the voices in your head? No thanks.
US is Warring savages

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
the issue here is ILLEGAL aliens. FOREIGNERS in the usa ILLEGALLY. it is not a race issue.
ANYONE of any race or nationality who enters my home WITHOUT my permission is cause enough for me to HATE them.
is my hate valid?
you tell me, genius.
..if I enter YOUR home without your permission, help myself to YOUR food, YOUR money, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.. again WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION...how would you feel? love?
foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY including mexicans are doing just that. and if you don't think so, screw you. take your messed up mind, and stuff it.
And , another of our ignorant American, those warring Americans who take more from the world than give back - US imperialism ruined many around the world. So, how you like it? U not Asian but Whitewashed cracka jack! HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHe
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> so if this retired man has grand kids around and watch him sit for hours playing these violent games they too are going to want to do the same? what a life, a waste really. So these games when bought are really making the cartels richer and their life style is glorified in a matter of speaking, right? how gruesome.
His grandkids all live North of the border in Mew Mexico. You need to get out more. They sell billions of dollars of these games. The games are mainly produced by American companies. But like clothing, to cars, ipods and more the kids in Mexico want American technology also.

The corridos I speak of are all over Mexico, and they even sing them in concerts. They are illegal to sing in Chihuahua State, and when they do they get fined. They glorify at times the narco lifestyle and wealth. Just like rap glorifies the drug dealers and gangs in the USA.

I was just trying to point out that it is everywhere. Not in just the USA. I have not played any of the ones sirius was talking about, nor any of the others really. I just see them in passing or in a house when people are playing them. I work for a living and do not have time. When I get time I am in the desert enjoying nature.

I am sure it has an effect on children without education or good parenting more then anything. Or those that have mental issues.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
the issue here is ILLEGAL aliens. FOREIGNERS in the usa ILLEGALLY. it is not a race issue.
ANYONE of any race or nationality who enters my home WITHOUT my permission is cause enough for me to HATE them.
is my hate valid?
you tell me, genius.
I think that entering illegaly to another country, is illegal, and that will mean that the person that do it, will be subject to diverse types of prosecution, formal and informal, and subject to, as you say, even hate, which it is a feeling.

Let's talk about feelings and perceptions: Illegal immigration, particularily of Mexicans to the USA is not viewed the same through time. When things go good, it is not even mentioned. But in the Great Depression (1930s) the Mexicans were simply expelled (2 million). They were blamed by many conservatives of that time of the Crack of 1929 (as you hear it). Their expulssion of course helped nothing. Likewise, in this times of socio-economical hardships in the USA, the same argument is being used: "The Mexicans are taking America down". Seriously. And I guess that such perceptions will be very much promoted by the same actors that caused the current crisis which have been in gestation for two decades or more: interest of Financial Capital, in the first place.

Being illegal gives you zero entitlement, influence, and therfore, protection. They are ideal scape goats. It is sad, but I cannot say that they are without responsability for being there.

More about feelings: I cannot say if your hate is justified. In any case, why do you ask me? Your feelings and your thoughts are your responsibility. If you die from a heart attack tomorrow because of the effects of your hate, they are your responsibility, not mine. You will see if you hate or not hate.

(In any case, law could be enforced in an impersonal way. Although, as we don't live in an ideal world, or a world of machines, this will be a rare case).

Likewise, I personally would never go to borderjump the USA-Mexico border, because I personally, living here, have an actual and potential quality of life much, much superior, that the one I could obtain there in the USA. In income probably, but much more, my psyche as the possibility of being much more healthy here, and grow as a person.

I have seen Hispanic and Black people destroyed by what they live there (I have not seen Asians like that, don't know if they suffer or not of racism). I THINK that with the intellectual weapons that I possess, that came from a traditional (quality) Mexican education, I cannot end like these people that I mention. But as I say, I have nothing to look for in the other side.

It is lamentable to see something like that... but then, these people do have a responsibility on that too... for letting themselves being defined by others, and not by themselves.
..if I enter YOUR home without your permission, help myself to YOUR food, YOUR money, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.. again WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION...how would you feel? love?
foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY including mexicans are doing just that. and if you don't think so, screw you. take your messed up mind, and stuff it.
I answered to this... about me having a "messed up mind" you could thing whatever you like.
SpyTheTroll

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I thought you're an expat living abroad. You are always in the Israel forum defending Israel and bashing Muslims.

I don't have any problem with either but you do have some serous tunnelvision with regards to immigration.

I'm not sure you're Asian at all. Never seen you post in the Asian American forum.

I doubt you are Asian. I do think you have serious identity issues however. But I do agree with you that illegals need to go back home and have a massive revolution and round up all the corrupt cockroaches in charge destroying Mexico.
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of them came to the country as children not adults. The parents violated the law by coming to the country illegally or overstaying their visa in some cases, but as children they were too young to be regarded as acting in violation of our laws.
They were raised here in the United States and attended our schools and essentially they are just as American as you and I.
the issue of anchor babies can be resolved by simply changing the law. it was misinterpreted in the first place. but like what the EU did. we can resolve the issue easily by just not allowing birthright citizenships.

it WILL be done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_baby
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_citiz...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli#Specifi...
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

SpyTheTroll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I thought you're an expat living abroad. You are always in the Israel forum defending Israel and bashing Muslims.
I don't have any problem with either but you do have some serous tunnelvision with regards to immigration.
I'm not sure you're Asian at all. Never seen you post in the Asian American forum.
I doubt you are Asian. I do think you have serious identity issues however. But I do agree with you that illegals need to go back home and have a massive revolution and round up all the corrupt cockroaches in charge destroying Mexico.
you have a problem. everything with you is about color.

it should be on whether something is right or wrong.
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that entering illegaly to another country, is illegal, and that will mean that the person that do it, will be subject to diverse types of prosecution, formal and informal, and subject to, as you say, even hate, which it is a feeling.
Let's talk about feelings and perceptions: Illegal immigration, particularily of Mexicans to the USA is not viewed the same through time. When things go good, it is not even mentioned. But in the Great Depression (1930s) the Mexicans were simply expelled (2 million). They were blamed by many conservatives of that time of the Crack of 1929 (as you hear it). Their expulssion of course helped nothing. Likewise, in this times of socio-economical hardships in the USA, the same argument is being used: "The Mexicans are taking America down". Seriously. And I guess that such perceptions will be very much promoted by the same actors that caused the current crisis which have been in gestation for two decades or more: interest of Financial Capital, in the first place.
Being illegal gives you zero entitlement, influence, and therfore, protection. They are ideal scape goats. It is sad, but I cannot say that they are without responsability for being there.
More about feelings: I cannot say if your hate is justified. In any case, why do you ask me? Your feelings and your thoughts are your responsibility. If you die from a heart attack tomorrow because of the effects of your hate, they are your responsibility, not mine. You will see if you hate or not hate.
(In any case, law could be enforced in an impersonal way. Although, as we don't live in an ideal world, or a world of machines, this will be a rare case).
Likewise, I personally would never go to borderjump the USA-Mexico border, because I personally, living here, have an actual and potential quality of life much, much superior, that the one I could obtain there in the USA. In income probably, but much more, my psyche as the possibility of being much more healthy here, and grow as a person.
I have seen Hispanic and Black people destroyed by what they live there (I have not seen Asians like that, don't know if they suffer or not of racism). I THINK that with the intellectual weapons that I possess, that came from a traditional (quality) Mexican education, I cannot end like these people that I mention. But as I say, I have nothing to look for in the other side.
It is lamentable to see something like that... but then, these people do have a responsibility on that too... for letting themselves being defined by others, and not by themselves.
<quoted text>
I answered to this... about me having a "messed up mind" you could thing whatever you like.
a lot of words saying nothing.

you didn't answer my last question.. so, let me repeat it..

if someone entered YOUR home WITHOUT your permission. and helped themselves to everything you have. your food. your house. your job. EVERYTHING. how would you feel? love?

YOU enter my home without my permission, and I will not hesitate to shoot you down. I don't care what color you are.
Nah

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you have a problem. everything with you is about color.
it should be on whether something is right or wrong.
I have a problem with trolls. You still never answered any of my questions. Why do you type in all lower case letters when your nervous and someone calls you out for being a proxy troll?
Nah

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

What's your favorite Thai dish? You have 30 seconds to repply...lol.
Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

US is Warring savages wrote:
<quoted text>And , another of our ignorant American, those warring Americans who take more from the world than give back - US imperialism ruined many around the world. So, how you like it? U not Asian but Whitewashed cracka jack! HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHe
ignorant?

so, just what country have we taken in the world, genius?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••