Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds voter...

Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds voter ID law

There are 73 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Jul 31, 2014, titled Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds voter ID law. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

The Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld a requirement Thursday that voters show photo identification at the polls, but the law remains blocked in federal court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
foster

Ashburn, VA

#81 Aug 7, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I would call it an intelligent approach. There are plenty of other places where you have to provide an ID, banks, credit cards and airline flights to name a few. I don't see requiring IDs as regressive. I see it as a combination of quality control, safety and basically a good method of insuring the integrity of the product. What you say is a bunch of progressive mumbo jumbo. Of course you would call common sense regressive.
What you call common sense is not constitutional by the 4th Amendment. There can be no mandatory IDs by the right of privacy and protection from unreasonable searches.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#82 Aug 7, 2014
Republicans commonly create laws that conflict with guranteed rights. In my opinion some are still fighting the Civil War by trying to weaken those gurantees. 4th Amendment protects from Govt intrusions without probable cause. Your person. home. and effects are sheilded unless youre presented a warrent.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83 Aug 7, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call common sense is not constitutional by the 4th Amendment. There can be no mandatory IDs by the right of privacy and protection from unreasonable searches.
Idiot. The 4th has nothing to do with ID's
foster

Ashburn, VA

#84 Aug 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot. The 4th has nothing to do with ID's
Not surprising a communist minded Republican such that you are would believe as you do. You guys look to back door constitutional priviledges and rights. Look at the legislation the GOP proposes.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#85 Aug 7, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising a communist minded Republican such that you are would believe as you do. You guys look to back door constitutional priviledges and rights. Look at the legislation the GOP proposes.
Funny ... you cannot support your original claim (a clear demonstration of your stupidity and lack of understand of your own Constitutional Rights) so in typical liberal fashion you attempt to change the subject.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#86 Aug 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny ... you cannot support your original claim (a clear demonstration of your stupidity and lack of understand of your own Constitutional Rights) so in typical liberal fashion you attempt to change the subject.
The foundation of my theory lies in the 4th Amendment. The reading isnt complex. You have a right to be secure in your person, property and effects from Govt.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#87 Aug 7, 2014
IDs are the initial step towards a militarized Facist Police State. A age old Republican paradise community. Pretty much similar to South Africa during aparthid.
Its a concept to impede universal freedom and curtails liberty.
spud

New Providence, PA

#88 Aug 7, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stretching it there Qdog. DUI checkpoints are far closer to illegal searches. Having to provide ID isn't an invasion of anything.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#89 Aug 7, 2014
Most nations European countries require a picture ID to vote. It isn't unreasonable to require an ID to vote, you need an ID to make a bank transaction, why not security for our votes too?

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#90 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would voter id at the polls have prevented that? does you photo ID give your citizenship status.

do try to keep up dear. why do you want to waste so many million$ on nothing at all?
Oslama waste millions in minutes

Stopping criminal voting is not nothing

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#91 Aug 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Most nations European countries require a picture ID to vote. It isn't unreasonable to require an ID to vote, you need an ID to make a bank transaction, why not security for our votes too?
It is required here in Mexico
the Light

El Paso, TX

#92 Aug 9, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Obama was raised into thinking and believing Communism, have you forgotten his mentor and Muslim father?
spud

New Providence, PA

#93 Aug 10, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a regressive concept practiced by the authoritians.
Communist does and Nazis issued identification cards.
Facist the world over adopted the same practice to control movement in their population.
It's regressive to expect voters to bo citizens? What kind of wacked out position is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 57 min red and right 138,943
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 1 hr joey 475
News Donald Trump to the - Tonight Show' 1 hr wild child 3
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 1 hr Quirky 391
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 1 hr firefly123 210
News Should Golf Dump Donald Trump? 1 hr Mikey 2
News McCain ready for 2016 re-election effort 1 hr American_Infidel 1
More from around the web