Entrepreneur: Boost Calif. wages to $12-an-hour

Jan 12, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Democrats across the nation are eager to make increasing the minimum wage a defining campaign issue in 2014, but in California a proposal to boost the pay rate to $12 an hour is coming from a different point on the political compass.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Actually this is a relevant post to the current situation of jobs, but it's 8 years to late. You should have posted this in 2003ish when Bush proposed his plan to turn the American economy into a services economy.

Since 2003ish the invention of the dollar menu has created a need for services workers, to flip burgers on the grill and salting french fries.
Your outhouse tipped over on you again. Now you are full of the same as your covered with.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, the familiar bleating of of the progressive sheep.
Yes, we are sharpening our shears for the sheeple bots.
Cat74

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

These lo info voters cannot fathom Americans getting rich by hard work, because they don't have to work, or are satisfied to work for next to nothing so they can get their Government freebies. It is disgusting what the government has done to the work ethic in America. Personally I am proud we worked hard for everything we have, and we will continue to work until we leave this Earth for the Lord's own Heaven. My parents worked hard all their lives, as did my grandparents.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Cujo wrote:
Many of you are missing the point. Minimum wage is far below what it was 30 - 40 years ago, in terms of inflation and productivity. Many people argue, if you don't like Walmart, McDonald’s, etc. because they pay crappy, don't shop there, and let the power of the purchaser decide.
Here's the problem with that argument. The Walmart's and McD's don't want people to make more, because then they could shop elsewhere. Keep them poor, and their choices are limited to places like Walmart and McD's. And in the meantime, the taxpayer will continue subsidizing these companies through programs like food stamps.
Minimum wage isn't below what it was 30 or 40 years ago-it was never a decent or livable wage. It's an entry level or no skill wage, it's the wage our first jobs in high school paid for part time work. And jobs that pay these wages not only require little or no skill, they were never meant to be made into careers.

I hate Walmart and the crappy, often defective items they sell, but there are millions of Americans who save a lot of money shopping there, even those who can afford to spend more. Furthermore, most of their employees earn above minimum wage and are offered the chance to move up ladder and learn skills they can take elsewhere, if they choose.

I worked in a fast food chain while in high school, as did many of my friends, long before everything was automated. One of my daughters worked at one during high school, as well. Everything is automated today. Those jobs require no skill level whatsoever.

Most fast food chains have a very small profit margin. Profits are made by volume sold. They don't force anyone into careers there, they don't keep anyone poor. People who can't or won't manage to do something more for themselves do that to themselves, and half the reason it works for them is because, like Walmart, many of them are receiving some form of government subsidy and are limited in what they can earn to keep those subsidies.

It's the subsidies from the government that keep people trapped in these jobs, in many cases, but some of you want to blame anyone and everyone except the people who make these choices themselves.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bind the recovery effort? Seriously? There has been plenty of new wealth in the last 5 years, the only problem is, about 90 percent of it goes to the top 10%. Give the middle class and the poor a bigger piece of that pie and the people who have always provided purchasing power and job growth, can return to doing so.
Scary, indeed. When exactly did Americans start expecting things to be GIVEN to them? How about you get off your can and earn it?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Scary, indeed. When exactly did Americans start expecting things to be GIVEN to them? How about you get off your can and earn it?
Now your scaring them.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Well for 30 years the top 20% we earners wages have went up 3000%..Time for working class raise don't you think????

If you don't why do you hate workers?

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

The red,right-to-cheat, er, right-to-work, states believe people should just be happy for a job. It's not supposed to matter that workers in other states are making 3,000 to 5,000 a year more for the same job. Trickle-up tactics, like that, payoff their crampaign donors.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Of course unemployment and the cost of living is lower in right to work states and people like Crapola who live and don't work in a right to work state are free to move to a right to work state though with the higher cost of living their entitlement checks won't go as far.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the boat completely! Executives giving themselves raises and their VP's and higher income workers extravagant bonuses isn't taking? How did they earn it any more than their front line workers who tend to get nothing when profits exceed goals? In many cases these aren't buisness owners either, but employee's of billion dollar corporations.

Ignore the facts all you want, but the numbers don't lie. Income inequality is a real thing. Top income earners have continued to gain wealth while the middle class and the poor have lost wealth over the last 5 years. FACT! The wealthy are almost never willing to share or acknowledge the hard work their front line staff, and back office people do, to allow them to have the things they "earned".
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the boat completely! Executives giving themselves raises and their VP's and higher income workers extravagant bonuses isn't taking? How did they earn it any more than their front line workers who tend to get nothing when profits exceed goals? In many cases these aren't buisness owners either, but employee's of billion dollar corporations.
Ignore the facts all you want, but the numbers don't lie. Income inequality is a real thing. Top income earners have continued to gain wealth while the middle class and the poor have lost wealth over the last 5 years. FACT! The wealthy are almost never willing to share or acknowledge the hard work their front line staff, and back office people do, to allow them to have the things they "earned".
The "poor" have not "lost" any wealth. Taxes on the middle class make up the difference. The middle class has shrunk because the “redistribution of wealth” that the poor vote for is from the middle class to the poor. Since it is the wealthy that are orchestrating the redistribution that is no surprise. Look at the people who financially back the Democratic Party. Look at the sources of money that runs La Raza, and other amnesty groups. They are getting richer while all the time supporting the party that is supposed to be on the side of the working man and the poor. Ever wonder why? Is it because they are wonderful big hearted people who just want to help those who they have made fortunes exploiting?
Don’t be fooled, it is not the Republicans who are on the side of the rich. It is the republicans and the Democrats.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

dee dee dee..Yes taxes went up on middle class because the rich peoples taxes have been cut in half over last 30 years...Some one has to pay. SHOULD BE THE RICH.

Leona Helmsly said it best for the far righters....
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Now in to his second term Obama has done nothing but increase the tax burden on the middle class with expanded entitlements. Add to that the requirement that middle class people who cannot afford heath insurance are being forced to buy it and those that have health insurance all along are being taxed to subsidize those who cannot afford it. All this just to guarantee that the insurance companies and healthcare corporations can make more money at the expense of the middle class.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

The bottom line is neither the Democrats or the Republicans are going to raise the taxes of those who put them in office but the Democrats seem to have no problem with raising taxes on the middle class to buy the votes of the poor.
Sadly many have been brain washed into thinking that the Democrats (Obama) are the answer but they are part of the problem. Some of the wealthiest people in this country and others support the Democratic Party. How do you think they stay wealthy?
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

The democrats did not raise taxes on middle class. THE GOP DID.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

I own a small business which provides a very middle middleclass income for me.
My taxes are much lower today then 20 years ago when I started my business. And they are lower by a bit today then 1ears ago.

DeeDeeDee....stop lying now

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
Well for 30 years the top 20% we earners wages have went up 3000%..Time for working class raise don't you think????

If you don't why do you hate workers?
The workers are the ones getting richer, the middle class has been crippled by Obama and his 18 new taxes and ending nine million jobs from when he took office.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
The democrats did not raise taxes on middle class. THE GOP DID.
Lie 18 new taxes in ObamaCare.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
I own a small business which provides a very middle middleclass income for me.
My taxes are much lower today then 20 years ago when I started my business. And they are lower by a bit today then 1ears ago.

DeeDeeDee....stop lying now
How are they lower. Your SS went up two percent.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie 18 new taxes in ObamaCare.
Not a tax. NEXT,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of145
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min X -Man- 243,587
Honduran families deported back to a bleak future 5 min Demopukes Are Idiots 3
Murrieta Citizens Appear To Be Winning Battle O... 10 min TRansom 167
Guardsmen will not patrol border to catch illeg... 11 min Memo From Turner 3
Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds 24 min truth-facts 187
Texas sending 1,000 National Guards on border t... 29 min RIP 59
Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP cooperation 34 min Zeppelin 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 47 min Crazy Beautiful 134,952
•••