Online sales tax bill seen stalling i...

Online sales tax bill seen stalling in Republican-led House

There are 59 comments on the Reuters story from May 6, 2013, titled Online sales tax bill seen stalling in Republican-led House. In it, Reuters reports that:

The Senate was expected to vote on Monday to give states the power to enforce their sales tax laws on online purchases, but the legislation was likely to stall in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
see the light

El Paso, TX

#42 May 10, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
Your Dumbass.
Go play in the traffic you retard!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#43 May 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Duh!
Your Dumbass.
Such nonsense. Bet you didn't finish school.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#44 May 10, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
When there has never been a tax on items purchased on the internet, and the Democrats persue a sales tax that is a tax increase. Republicans will not vote for a tax increase just months before they will campaign for reelection in 2014,
Hate to say it, Darlin', but you lose on this one.

Line 23, Illinois Income Tax Return... Use Tax.

"Illinois Use Tax is a form of sales tax that you, as the purchaser, owe on items that you buy for use in Illinois. If the seller does not collect this tax from you, you must pay the tax to the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR). The most common purchases on which the seller does not collect Illinois Use Tax are those made through the internet, from a mail order catalog, or when traveling outside Illinois."

Source: IL-1040 Instructions
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#45 May 10, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Go play in the traffic you retard!
Explain what?

This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about COLLECTING a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."

A retard could comprehend that but you couldn't.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#46 May 11, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Such nonsense. Bet you didn't finish school.
Explain what?

This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about COLLECTING a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."

Kids in middle school could comprehend that.

You couldn't.

Poor teabagger.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#47 May 11, 2013
We elected our representatives to stop new taxes.
Cat74

United States

#48 May 11, 2013
Just when you think the Democrats cannot find something else to tax, they do. Americans wouldn't care so much, we pay taxes to have the privilege of living in a wonderful country, but so much is wasted. There is never an attempt to pay our debt. We are disarming our military so we can afford to bring in 20 million illegal aliens to stack the Democrat voting rolls. They won't work, and pay taxes. They will be a tax burden. This internet tax is the last straw.

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#49 May 11, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to say it, Darlin', but you lose on this one.
Line 23, Illinois Income Tax Return... Use Tax.
"Illinois Use Tax is a form of sales tax that you, as the purchaser, owe on items that you buy for use in Illinois. If the seller does not collect this tax from you, you must pay the tax to the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR). The most common purchases on which the seller does not collect Illinois Use Tax are those made through the internet, from a mail order catalog, or when traveling outside Illinois."
Source: IL-1040 Instructions
Big problem with that is I stop in Iowa and buy a big gulp before crossing into Illinois.So by strict interpretation I have to pay the tax on the big gulp since I drank it in Illinois? How about the gas I use to drive across the state?. How about the T- shirts I bought in California Im giving away as gifts?
As i said taxes should be paid at the point of purchase not the point of use, with the exception of maybe big ticket items that say cost over $2,000. Otherwise , you are making criminals out of large number of people , even if you are not enforcing the law..
And could you imagine the uproar if Illinois started stopping the moving Vans of everyone who moved into Illinois and started giving people a tax bill for their furniture and household appliances that where purchased out of state..That law sound like they could since that sofa they bought in say New York is now going to be used in Illinois.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#50 May 11, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Just when you think the Democrats cannot find something else to tax, they do. Americans wouldn't care so much, we pay taxes to have the privilege of living in a wonderful country, but so much is wasted. There is never an attempt to pay our debt. We are disarming our military so we can afford to bring in 20 million illegal aliens to stack the Democrat voting rolls. They won't work, and pay taxes. They will be a tax burden. This internet tax is the last straw.
They lost their minds a long time ago. Now it's all about job security....I dont buy alot of stuff on the internet but everything I've bought, I've paid sales tax. Is this more redundancy or are we back on "job security". Words like "fairness, diversity, racist, hater" have all become "keywords" for cpos' and need not be taken seriously.

Level 6

Location hidden

#51 May 11, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Big problem with that is I stop in Iowa and buy a big gulp before crossing into Illinois.So by strict interpretation I have to pay the tax on the big gulp since I drank it in Illinois? How about the gas I use to drive across the state?. How about the T- shirts I bought in California Im giving away as gifts?
As i said taxes should be paid at the point of purchase not the point of use, with the exception of maybe big ticket items that say cost over $2,000. Otherwise , you are making criminals out of large number of people , even if you are not enforcing the law..
And could you imagine the uproar if Illinois started stopping the moving Vans of everyone who moved into Illinois and started giving people a tax bill for their furniture and household appliances that where purchased out of state..That law sound like they could since that sofa they bought in say New York is now going to be used in Illinois.
The Illinois Use Tax only applies to items bought in Illinois or items purchased in another state on which NO TAX IS PAID.

You buy a Big Gulp in Iowa, you pay tax on it. Fill your tank in Missouri, you pay a tax on it. I seem to recall for commercial vehicles, if they enter Illinois with more than 50 gallons in their tanks that they will be taxed on it.

There are other qualifiers on some things, exemptions on others. If you buy appliances in Iowa and have them delivered to Illinois you can expect to pay Illinois tax on them. If you pick them up and transport them yourself, generally, you'll pay Iowa tax.

When it comes to Illinois and taxes, your best remedy is to always keep a tube of K-Y handy.
Cat74

United States

#52 May 11, 2013
You're right, Jack. It is nonsense, but it is supposed to keep us from looking into other matters, like, Benghazigate.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#53 May 11, 2013
This bill is about fairness," said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo., the bill's main sponsor in the Senate. "It's about leveling the playing field between the brick and mortar and online companies and it's about collecting a tax that's already due. It's not about raising taxes."

So a REPUBLICAN submits a tax bill as a distraction from "Benghazigate"?

That's Wayne LaPierre stupid.

Poor teabagger.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#54 May 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Explain what?
A retard could comprehend that but you couldn't.
Poor teabagger.
Go play inthe traffic Wally.
Cat74

United States

#55 May 11, 2013
I feel sorry for the Democrats this man is leaving behind in 2017. They have to answer for all his malfeasance. Doug Sosnik has a column in the politico today about the Democrat Party in decline. They deserve what ever happens to them for not ever questioning his stupid decisions.

Level 6

Location hidden

#56 May 11, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I feel sorry for the Democrats this man is leaving behind in 2017. They have to answer for all his malfeasance. Doug Sosnik has a column in the politico today about the Democrat Party in decline. They deserve what ever happens to them for not ever questioning his stupid decisions.
They deserve whatever happens to them for electing him in the first place.

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to suffer too.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#57 May 11, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
They deserve whatever happens to them for electing him in the first place.
Unfortunately, the rest of us have to suffer too.
the GOP should have offered at least one viable alternative. I had to write in a candidate as the GOP offered nothing...
Cat74

United States

#58 May 11, 2013
It happens the Republicans were happy with Gov Romney. We don't really care if you weren't. No one could beat Obama with the multi voters, and dead voters voting Democrat. Hopefully the Republicans will become as corrupt in the 2016 election, and vote more dead then the Democrats.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#61 May 12, 2013
The Republican National Committee fired a voter registration firm owned by a paid consultant to the party’s presidential candidate Mitt Romney Thursday, after Florida officials traced more than 100 possibly fake registration forms back to the company.

Sproul is also the founder and managing partner of another company, Lincoln Strategy Group, which records show was paid by the Romney campaign paid to do “field consulting.”

The allegations in Florida led Sproul’s firm also being fired by GOP state officials in both North Carolina and Virginia, a decision one official told WTVR Thursday did not surprise him.

Federal Election Commission reports from the state Republican party show it paid SAC more than $1.3 million this summer for voter registration services.

SAC was also hired to do voter registration work for the Republican party in four other key swing states - Nevada, Virginia, Colorado, and North Carolina - for a total of $2.9 million, according to the Republican National Committee (RNC).

Keep sending those checks:

www.gop.com - Cached

Poor teabaggers.
Cat74

United States

#62 May 12, 2013
Sorry. I bet more people voted in Chicago then in the whole state of Florida. Maybe not more, but they certainly voted the dead. one of my mother in law's neighbor stood behind someone who voted in my father in laws name a few years ago, and he had been dead 4 years. Chicago started this practice, and Obama, and valerie took it nationwide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DACA recipients question future 4 min Dee Dee Dee 200
News The Latest: New citizens embrace, criticize Tru... 6 min anonz 2
News ICE agents mistakenly try to grab Latino man wh... 9 min anonz 2
News Pelosi on DREAMer Protest: - I Respect the Conc... 12 min spytheweb 5
News Exclusive: Trump team drafting plan to deport m... 17 min spytheweb 1
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 19 min peachez and peanutz 220
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 31 min Katrina 10,765
Should Katrina be banned? 1 hr george 144
More from around the web