Throwback immigration bill misses mark on border

Apr 19, 2013 Full story: RecordNET 6

The Senate's bipartisan Gang of Eight has titled its long-awaited immigration reform bill the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013.

Full Story
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#1 Apr 19, 2013
I have noooo problem with illegal aliens living in the shadows...until the have nothing and decide to leave. Law enforcement is our problem, what to do in face of the odds against you is the illegal alien's problem!!!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#2 Apr 19, 2013
" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnestybill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 19869884.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 19, 2013
sad they are trying to take away the Economic Opportunity of citizens to give it to illegal aliens who deserve nothing other than a swift hard boot.

never a reason to reward or help any illegal alien, punish and deport is justice anything else is an attack on citizens.
lololol

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Border security, that's a crock. I guess McCain forgets the wet that almost jumped off the border fence onto his head in no gales. Just like in 86 where they promised to secure the border 'after' the amnesty, this time it's just the same tired promise they can't deliver
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#5 Apr 19, 2013
I listened to hearing today and heard Mike lEE FROM Utah state that they are not going to rush this. And it's only going to be implemented in steps rather than one big package. The house will not do anything until e-verify and border security is in place. The illegals left over, that don't get anything will be forced to leave. Work permit's for migrant's that farmer already know. And the other's cannot meet the criteria. Even other cultures that have overstayed Visa's will need to be vetted. This will not be instant. Ignorant Latin Americans are in a white heat. But they mostly will not meet the criteria to be here long term. So millions will stay put, in the shadow's and employers will be forced to either fire them or sponsor them and vett them. Employers will not want to be responsible for them once they become a burden. I tried to tell illegals for a long time, reform will not help millions on welfare and in the prisons in this country, and those with criminal backgrounds and no Education.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#6 Apr 19, 2013
ronnie wrote:
I listened to hearing today and heard Mike lEE FROM Utah state that they are not going to rush this. And it's only going to be implemented in steps rather than one big package. The house will not do anything until e-verify and border security is in place. The illegals left over, that don't get anything will be forced to leave. Work permit's for migrant's that farmer already know. And the other's cannot meet the criteria. Even other cultures that have overstayed Visa's will need to be vetted. This will not be instant. Ignorant Latin Americans are in a white heat. But they mostly will not meet the criteria to be here long term. So millions will stay put, in the shadow's and employers will be forced to either fire them or sponsor them and vett them. Employers will not want to be responsible for them once they become a burden. I tried to tell illegals for a long time, reform will not help millions on welfare and in the prisons in this country, and those with criminal backgrounds and no Education.
Idiots don't realize that DACA is a joke as well. Imagine, as an employer, you have to re establish eligibility to work every two years for an employee!! You got to deal with the timing and the extra paperwork, and if you don't....
Who would want to hire someone under those conditions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zoeller: Congress must fix broken immigrationa 8 min itsme2 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 46 min Patriciapink 137,135
Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner 1 hr Your Ex 22
New Congress may move swiftly to raise H-1B cap 2 hr itsme2 11
Graham: 2016 hinges on immigration 3 hr spud 7
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 3 hr ronnie 10
Detente spawns Cuban worry on US migration rights 4 hr TimeForTheCastros... 2
More from around the web