Obama should focus on deficit in SOTU

Feb 10, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post 24

President Obama is preparing to deliver his fourth State of the Union address on Tuesday at - or close to - the height of his political power.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
America Once Beautiful

Sayville, NY

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Better for America if he would just focus on STFU instead of SOTU.
Grandma Kerry

Palatine, IL

#2 Feb 10, 2013
It would be nice if the President would just tell the truth so I could tell my Grandchildren to be proud of him. Instead he lies so much I can't even watch his speech with them

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#4 Feb 10, 2013
All I hear is cuts, cuts, cuts and no jobs, nothing about wealth inequality, and nothing about the wars overseas.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Obama=Benghazi=FAIL
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Well sure, and the best way to reduce the
deficit is to put Americans back to work so
they can pay the taxes needed. The best
way to put Americans back to work is through
domestic spending by government, not by giving
the rich bigger tax breaks which is totally
counterproductive, and certainly not by
cutting school lunches, which is always the conservative solution.

Never forget Beirut and the 241 dead Americans.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#7 Feb 10, 2013
State Of The "Unfit for Office" speech? Benghazi.
Your Ex

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Obama=Benghazi=FAIL
1/9th of a man + posting = FAIL
:(

“Sustainability Now!”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#9 Feb 10, 2013
The author of this article, Chris Cilliza, has drank the GOP kool-aid of focusing on deficits and debt -- rather than on anything relevant to improving the economy. There is no need for an exhaustive covering of these non-issues during the SOTU speech -- a time better spent to outline a focus for actions that will actually make a difference during the next few years.

Europe has shown us in detail: Austerity does NOT lead to prosperity. No government has EVER cut its way to growth. Britain is currently enjoying a double-dip recession due to its austerity policies -- no need to repeat that mistake here!

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
1/9th of a man + posting = FAIL
:(
Stop stalking, nutbag. Benghazi.
Cat

Palatine, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2013
What happns if the President gives a speech, and no one watches it? He doesn't deserve our respect after what he did, or rather what he didn't do in Benghazi on 9-11-12. Republicans should ignore him for 4 years. We cannot afford his insane spending anyway.

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Gary wrote:
Well sure, and the best way to reduce the
deficit is to put Americans back to work so
they can pay the taxes needed. The best
way to put Americans back to work is through
domestic spending by government, not by giving
the rich bigger tax breaks which is totally
counterproductive, and certainly not by
cutting school lunches, which is always the conservative solution.
Never forget Beirut and the 241 dead Americans.
Obama returns to campaign mode, visiting three cities after State of Union speech

President Obama will travel after his State of the Union address Tuesday night to three U.S. cities to discuss proposals in the speech that focused on “strengthening the economy for the middle class and those striving to get there,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Sunday in a statement.

Still campaigning.......still flying in circles. Anything to be away from Michele.......

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
State Of The "Unfit for Office" speech? Benghazi.
I hear he is going to attack the second amendment and promise jobs again........what a pivot man.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Barack Benghazi the "PUPPET" speaks.
Who gives a good God Damn about "Teleprompter Man."
He needs a teleprompter to ask Moochelle for more toilet paper or he would just sit there till the crap got hard. Like he did in Benghazi.
Just Saying

Coffeyville, KS

#15 Feb 11, 2013
I voted for Obama in 08 but now I can't even stand to watch him or listen to him. Same o'l crap, lie after lie. He is focused on social issues like immigration (for more votes), guns, and everything else he can think of except JOBS. The one thing he promised would be his first priority and he doesn't even discuss it anymore. The media have proven to be his puppets, they are the ones that got him elected this second time, and they cover for him continually, they have too, he screws up all the time.
The really sad part is that as a registered Democrat I know what would be the case if Bush were doing even half of what Obama gets away with how much Democrats would be attacking non stop. It is hypocrisy at it's best!!! I'm so tired of the blaming Bush game, I mean Obama is in his second term. At what point do we hold him responsible??? We should at least be calling him out on continueing the Bush policies he campaigned against! Not to mention the things he is doing like with our debt for example, that he was against and called out Bush for that he is doing and doing 10 times more!
I am not wanting anymore of the birther nonsense or any of the imaginary stuff to be an issue but I would be shocked if we could just hold Obama accountable for what he is doing and actually have reporters act like reporters and call him out on the facts of what he is doing and not doing. We can't trust the president because he has proven his lies time and time again and we can't trust the reporters to tell us the truth or even look for it anymore and yet people are shocked that others refuse to give any at all on the gun issue because they don't and can't trust their own government or those who's job it is to report the actual facts concerning the government, unless of course they are Republican.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
I voted for Obama in 08 but now I can't even stand to watch him or listen to him. Same o'l crap, lie after lie. He is focused on social issues like immigration (for more votes), guns, and everything else he can think of except JOBS. The one thing he promised would be his first priority and he doesn't even discuss it anymore. The media have proven to be his puppets, they are the ones that got him elected this second time, and they cover for him continually, they have too, he screws up all the time.
The really sad part is that as a registered Democrat I know what would be the case if Bush were doing even half of what Obama gets away with how much Democrats would be attacking non stop. It is hypocrisy at it's best!!! I'm so tired of the blaming Bush game, I mean Obama is in his second term. At what point do we hold him responsible??? We should at least be calling him out on continueing the Bush policies he campaigned against! Not to mention the things he is doing like with our debt for example, that he was against and called out Bush for that he is doing and doing 10 times more!
I am not wanting anymore of the birther nonsense or any of the imaginary stuff to be an issue but I would be shocked if we could just hold Obama accountable for what he is doing and actually have reporters act like reporters and call him out on the facts of what he is doing and not doing. We can't trust the president because he has proven his lies time and time again and we can't trust the reporters to tell us the truth or even look for it anymore and yet people are shocked that others refuse to give any at all on the gun issue because they don't and can't trust their own government or those who's job it is to report the actual facts concerning the government, unless of course they are Republican.
It's a shame that Chris Dodd filibustered the bill that would have stopped dead the crazy lending practices that caused the meltdown. If only he didn't do that we would be very prosperous still instead of in the clutches of a maniac like Obama. If only. If only.
Just saying

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>It's a shame that Chris Dodd filibustered the bill that would have stopped dead the crazy lending practices that caused the meltdown. If only he didn't do that we would be very prosperous still instead of in the clutches of a maniac like Obama. If only. If only.
We got a Fannie Mae loan for our house when we bought it back in 94. In order to even qualify we had to prove we had NO debt. If we were making payments on a bill like we did to the doctors every month we had to show them a signed contract with the doctor saying we were making our monthly payments and doing so on time. They looked back and found a $24 water bill from years before that we had to pay first and we had to have a 10% down payment.
If they would have stuck to rules like that we would never have had the meltdown. Now we have another to look forward to thanks to Obama taking over the student loans and making them all government loans. The next one will be the student loan meltdown and it's a bubble that will burst soon. The government has never run anything right or good and Obama is hell bent on the government taking over as much as possible, including the country. The government is suppose to be small and suppose to work for us. Today's government is nothing at all like it was intended to be by our forefathers and I'm more worried every day that in order for things to get fixed it will take another civil war. The seperation in our country now will be those that are independent and want to be truely free and those that want and those that now need the government to take care of them. Which thanks to Obama increasing the welfare rolls makes about an even split in the country now since their are about half the country depending on the government that was intended to actually be involved in our lives very little.
Gravediggers

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Feb 11, 2013
Don't bother watching. It will be the same old speech:

it's Bush's fault, it's the Republicans' fault.

and it's apparent the public is quickly growing tired of President Obama's continual harrangue.

Let him continue to spew.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Obama will be focusing only on the teleprompter.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#20 Feb 11, 2013
Gay look to the left.
Gay look to the right.
Obama's gift at telepromptering.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#23 Feb 11, 2013
The Democrats think they can sweep the President's dereliction of duty with Benghazi under the rug. Americans want answers, and Obama gets nothing until we have them. Hopefuly he stonewalls until Jan., 2017.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 31 min serfs up 568
Republicans preparing 2015 immigration legislation 42 min Memo From Turner 82
US judge says Obama immigration action invalid 1 hr serfs up 6
Mike Lee: 'Unacceptable' for ICE Chief to Asser... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 6
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... 4 hr Le Duped 7
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 10 hr johnny belinda 137,080
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 11 hr Hooogle It 4
More from around the web