A narrow border-security agreement co...

A narrow border-security agreement could pave the way for broad immigration reform

There are 43 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 30, 2013, titled A narrow border-security agreement could pave the way for broad immigration reform. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In mid-May, as most of Congress was consumed with the troubles at the Internal Revenue Service and the Senate was conducting closely watched hearings on a sprawling, contentious immigration reform bill, something remarkable happened in the House Homeland Security Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 30, 2013
READ MY LIPS..

we the people do not want another amnesty.

we just want the current laws ENFORCED.
Brenda besson

United States

#2 Jul 30, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
READ MY LIPS..
yes thats right,just what you said .enforce the laws period.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#3 Jul 30, 2013
But, we do not want to offend anyone while doing it...?
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jul 30, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
READ MY LIPS..
READ MY LIPS

we the people wants immigration reform with a legal pathway for most of the 11 million illegal workers who are already here.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
READ MY LIPS..
You do not even live in the US. We don't care what you think.
spud

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS
we the people wants immigration reform with a legal pathway for most of the 11 million illegal workers who are already here.
If by, we the people, you mean elitist exploiters, brainwashed fools, job stealing illegal aliens and a collection of our most corrupt and unpatriotic politicians, then I guess you have a point.
nope

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS
nope, you illegals and family members of illegals want immigration reform with a legal pathway for most of the 11 million illegal workers who are already here. The citizens wish you would just go to heck home so they can actually beef up the border and slam the door on the last illegals asz as they pass thru. THEN, you can apply the LEGAL way like millions before you to become an American.
Level 5

Location hidden

#8 Jul 30, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not even live in the US. We don't care what you think.
when I shove my glock in your face, you WILL care.
Brenda besson

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS
again no one cares what you want,you have no rights here,and no one told you to come over.you should of thought about that before you came.who are you illegal?
Brenda besson

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>If by, we the people, you mean elitist exploiters, brainwashed fools, job stealing illegal aliens and a collection of our most corrupt and unpatriotic politicians, then I guess you have a point.
lol
Brenda besson

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, you illegals and family members of illegals want immigration reform with a legal pathway for most of the 11 million illegal workers who are already here. The citizens wish you would just go to heck home so they can actually beef up the border and slam the door on the last illegals asz as they pass thru. THEN, you can apply the LEGAL way like millions before you to become an American.
thats right thats how you do it,come legal.these people dont really want to be americans,they want benefits .
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jul 30, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>If by, we the people, you mean elitist exploiters, brainwashed fools, job stealing illegal aliens and a collection of our most corrupt and unpatriotic politicians, then I guess you have a point.

I just couldn't find the nobility you try represents in these vile expressions towards other people.
Brenda besson

United States

#14 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't find the nobility you try represents in these vile expressions towards other people.
yes illegals,that demand rights.he wants to know why you think you should be allowed o stay?i asked you yestetday no answear !!!! Why because you are wrong,selfIsh,demandIng,nasty, vIle,pushy,rude, made anchors so you could get a foot In,no you are not wanted here,no matter what la raza or anyone else says.we do not back Illegals,and there wIll be no amnesty or reform untIl you get manners and stop cryIng coz no one cares!!z
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#15 Jul 30, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
when I shove my glock in your face, you WILL care.
It is terrifying to have somebody in a foreign country threatening to shoot me.
Level 5

Location hidden

#16 Jul 30, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't get it yet, do you?

we are millions.

and you will fear us soon. you are illegal. you are not welcome. and this is our country. not yours.

you will leave. if need be.. by force.
Brenda besson

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2013
Narrow,thin,fine line,not really there,small thin like string not going to happen thats what I hear.
Lol

United States

#18 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS
Line jumpers get deported FIRST!
Lol

United States

#19 Jul 30, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF do you expect trespassing into Texas, a burrito?

trespassers,
Expect to be shot!
spud

United States

#20 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak English dude. This is the USA, if you know what that means.
spud

United States

#21 Jul 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your hateful attitude toward Americas working class to be vile and unconscionable. Don't try to claim high ground with me, con man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian police intercept 22 people on U.S.-Man... 6 min spytheweb 1
News Phoenix immigrant deported to Mexico amid protests 10 min coco 140
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Mustang 20,909
News Feds say border fence has been cut 9,200 times ... 18 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 9
News Thousands descend on downtown LA for a Free the... 21 min Matthew 20
News Critics say El Paso arrest may deter immigrants... 32 min Need big busses 11
News US arrests Mexican immigrant in Seattle covered... 36 min Matthew 9
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 9 hr Just Slim 144,304
More from around the web