White House Immigration Bill Offers Path to Residency

There are 399 comments on the WLTX-TV Columbia story from Feb 16, 2013, titled White House Immigration Bill Offers Path to Residency. In it, WLTX-TV Columbia reports that:

A draft of a White House immigration proposal obtained by USA TODAY would allow illegal immigrants to become legal permanent residents within eight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX-TV Columbia.

juan

Lodi, CA

#110 Feb 20, 2013
Petes UltraConservative wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get to prison juan, don't say that to your new cellmate, i assure you that won't get a good response.
wow you have a lot of experience. Dude you need counseling!
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#111 Feb 20, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text> wow you have a lot of experience. Dude you need counseling!
To you everyone needs counseling except you,right id.iot?
Nevada Pete

Indianapolis, IN

#112 Feb 21, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text> wow you have a lot of experience. Dude you need counseling!
I say this reply is akin to a lump of stuff found in a pen with bulls only.
Sgt Rock

Indianapolis, IN

#113 Feb 21, 2013
Mira wrote:
Why everybody talk about Mexicans? What about us Georgians, Russians ukrains? I live in USA almost 6 years and I am 29. I would like to have normal life to have opportunity became a student, travel or work.
You need deportation!
Mira

United States

#114 Feb 21, 2013
Sgt Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
You need deportation!
Yes when your grandfather or grandgrandfather came in USA they needed deportation too
Mira

United States

#115 Feb 21, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are here illegally you should get deported!!!!
oh really? I have been in Greece they really deport people! I have been in Germany there is no way to survive if u are illegal. And I respect them! Here? In USA? I'm your children's babysitter. You gave me the most important person to take care. You gave me the job Because u don't wanna pay to government. Now wonder why there are so many illegals!
Mira

United States

#117 Feb 21, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really,but REALLY want us to answer your question?
I didn't think so !
You can't handle the truth !!!!!!
what u mean "US" ? There is no "US". Once upon a time you all where "US " illegal immigrants. This is a truth!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#119 Feb 24, 2013
Mira wrote:
<quoted text>oh really? I have been in Greece they really deport people! I have been in Germany there is no way to survive if u are illegal. And I respect them! Here? In USA? I'm your children's babysitter. You gave me the most important person to take care. You gave me the job Because u don't wanna pay to government. Now wonder why there are so many illegals!
Actually, you are someones babysitter. Don't lump us all together, because we don't want you here. We don't want you to mow our lawns, babysit our kids, cook and serve our food, build our houses, pump out anchor rats, scam the welfare system, etc.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#120 Feb 24, 2013
Mira wrote:
<quoted text>oh really? I have been in Greece they really deport people! I have been in Germany there is no way to survive if u are illegal. And I respect them! Here? In USA? I'm your children's babysitter. You gave me the most important person to take care. You gave me the job Because u don't wanna pay to government. Now wonder why there are so many illegals!
Have you had a thorough health screening? Somebody is surely put their kids at risk allowing you to keep them if you haven'. Most of us wouldn't be that careless with our children's health, just to save a few bucks.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#121 Feb 24, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Have you had a thorough health screening? Somebody is surely put their kids at risk allowing you to keep them if you haven'. Most of us wouldn't be that careless with our children's health, just to save a few bucks.
I guess you do not have much experience with children. Anybody involved with education or child care knows you are far more likely to catch something from the kids than the other way around.

It was a good excuse to break out your bigotry and xenophobia though.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#123 Feb 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you do not have much experience with children. Anybody involved with education or child care knows you are far more likely to catch something from the kids than the other way around.
I guess if being against illegal immigration makes me a bigot and a xenophobe, then I'm a bigot and a xenophobe.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#124 Feb 24, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if being against illegal immigration makes me a bigot and a xenophobe, then I'm a bigot and a xenophobe.
No, but not being able to stay on topic and post something coherent does show you to be stupid.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#125 Feb 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but not being able to stay on topic and post something coherent does show you to be stupid.
You're the dumbazz that brought it up.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#126 Feb 24, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the dumbazz that brought it up.
Brought up what? That you're stupid? You give me too much credit. Every knew that already.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#127 Feb 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Brought up what? That you're stupid? You give me too much credit. Every knew that already.
Here we go again. You expecting me to explain the obvious.

What the heck is "every knew that already" mean.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#128 Feb 24, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. You expecting me to explain the obvious.
What the heck is "every knew that already" mean.
Thanks for pointing out my typing error. I meant to say "Everybody already knows you are stupid". Feel better now?

Level 10

Location hidden

#129 Feb 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a pretty funny statement...I have plenty of experience with children...try over 25 years of it to be exact. A cold, or stomach bug is not what I was talking about, and you know it. Drug resistent TB would be a big concern, as would Hepatitis A-E. Of course, there are more of which we should be concerned, but these two are the most common.

http://medicine.org/why-is-tb-on-the-rise-in-...

http://sla-divisions.typepad.com/dbio/2010/09...

Nobody should be allowed to work with somebody's children or in the food industry without having had a TB test. It used to be like that once upon a time, however I don't think it is like that any more.

Level 10

Location hidden

#130 Feb 25, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who has been involved in education also knows that the students have to be current on their inoculations or they can't enter the school, however who knows what shots, if any their parents have had...or not had if they are here illegally. Schools used to give TB skin tests, back in the day, maybe they need to start that up again.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#131 Feb 25, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That is a pretty funny statement...I have plenty of experience with children...try over 25 years of it to be exact. A cold, or stomach bug is not what I was talking about, and you know it. Drug resistent TB would be a big concern, as would Hepatitis A-E. Of course, there are more of which we should be concerned, but these two are the most common.
http://medicine.org/why-is-tb-on-the-rise-in-...
http://sla-divisions.typepad.com/dbio/2010/09...
Nobody should be allowed to work with somebody's children or in the food industry without having had a TB test. It used to be like that once upon a time, however I don't think it is like that any more.
Teddy I am starting to wonder about you. You are usually one of the more coherent people on these boards, but are you seriously peddling your TB scare nonsense again?

As you well know TB rates are at the lowest levels ever recorded.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/22/us-...

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Oak Ridge, TN

#132 Feb 25, 2013
I know exactly how to evict those individuals living in this country illegally and without increasing the cost a single dime. We already have the manpower in place and the funding has already been allocated all that needs to be done is to implement a plan like mine.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeb Bush to the American people: Show illegal a... 6 min Kid_Tomorrow 122
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 18 min Cat74 36
News Hillary Rodham Clinton has shifted left, but so... 19 min clintoons 3
News DMV to accept 'matricula consular' for titles, ... (Aug '12) 46 min su padre gringos ... 10
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 47 min X Crypsis X 138,174
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 1 hr Synque 55
News GOP Will Lose in 2016 without Sensible Immigrat... 1 hr Synque 105
More from around the web