I am an undocumented immigrant at Stanford University

May 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Guardian Unlimited

Without immigration reform I will be left jobless and exposed after I graduate. This isn't just a political issue to me Immigrants arrive at the border city of Nuevo Laredo after a nine hour trip from Monterrey, Mexico in this May 5, 2006 file photo.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of581
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

so he thinks he should be allowed to work here? he is just another problem for those who are in the same class to compete against in the job market.

we need no more people here,if anyone would listen to guys like this its seems he is the only one in the classes he takes and not one citizen.

what is he one in a million who made it this far being an illegal alien? the rest are all gang members
Magadala

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

"I'm a mechanical engineering major, a field the US wants to grow and promote more students to study"

But first we want to hire and educate our own!!!!

Get smart enough to leave!!! just because he wants doesn't mean we give! He knew this moment was coming, now it becomes our problem!

We should start including infant formula and Pampers along with the water they put on the border trails, EVERYONE came over as infants!!!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

tomin cali wrote:
so he thinks he should be allowed to work here? he is just another problem for those who are in the same class to compete against in the job market.
we need no more people here,if anyone would listen to guys like this its seems he is the only one in the classes he takes and not one citizen.
what is he one in a million who made it this far being an illegal alien? the rest are all gang members
You forgot high school drop outs and leading in teen pregnancies and unwed mothers. What he doesn't realize is that he is not better than they are!!! He is here by the same grimy underhanded way of getting to America, cheating the system, stealing and committing fraud to create success. Speaking of which, Stanford is expensive, he didn't mention who is paying his tab from his poor illegal alien family. He also mentioned a loan for grad school. Who in God's name gives an illegal alien a loan? Talk about skipping the loan...
Magadala

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

He mentioned that his family was assimilated, but he also indicated that he grew up in a border town that was like mexico...which was it?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Nobody wants to hire a criminal anyway. At least potential employers know that before they make the mistake of hiring this criminal.
Serrano Red

Perryton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

arrest him
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Adios, muchacho!
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Magadala wrote:
He mentioned that his family was assimilated, but he also indicated that he grew up in a border town that was like mexico...which was it?
It looks like Stanford also has some clueless students. It's like you said, the guy says he's totally assimilated but he's overjoyed that he lives in a predominantly Mexican neighborhood. Contradiction. Even if he's the one in a million Mexican who was accepted to Stanford, he still needs to go. If everyone in this world acted like his lawbreaking parents, what kind of chaos would we have in this country?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

With further exposure, I began to see what it means to lack health insurance

More than 45 million U.S. residents didn't have health insurance during the first nine months of last year, according to survey findings released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Even more people, 57.5 million, were uninsured for at least part of the 12 months before being polled.

unless I can receive financial aid to pursue a graduate degree somewhere

It's always what can I get for free from the government. They're nothing but a bunch of leeches.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

spud wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like Stanford also has some clueless students. It's like you said, the guy says he's totally assimilated but he's overjoyed that he lives in a predominantly Mexican neighborhood. Contradiction. Even if he's the one in a million Mexican who was accepted to Stanford, he still needs to go. If everyone in this world acted like his lawbreaking parents, what kind of chaos would we have in this country?
IF we had enforced our laws as written on the books, he would be a deported grease spot, an afterthought...at best!!!

I AM ALL FOR CIR! JUST LET IT BE E-VERIFY TOMORROW, APPLIED RETROACTIVELY ON ALL EMPLOYEES, FELONIES FOR ALL EMPLOYERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS(give 30 days to fire), COMPLETE BORDER ENFORCEMENT, INCLUDING TUNNELING, ETC., AND THEN WE START LOOKING AT HOW WE CAN EXPEDITE THE PROCESS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED LEGALLY!!! ANYBODYELSE...HAS 30 DAYS TO BECOME LEGAL OR TO LEAVE, or be deported on sight!!! END OF STORY! OH, AND NO BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP!!!!!!!!
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
IF we had enforced our laws as written on the books, he would be a deported grease spot, an afterthought...at best!!!
I AM ALL FOR CIR! JUST LET IT BE E-VERIFY TOMORROW, APPLIED RETROACTIVELY ON ALL EMPLOYEES, FELONIES FOR ALL EMPLOYERS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS(give 30 days to fire), COMPLETE BORDER ENFORCEMENT, INCLUDING TUNNELING, ETC., AND THEN WE START LOOKING AT HOW WE CAN EXPEDITE THE PROCESS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED LEGALLY!!! ANYBODYELSE...HAS 30 DAYS TO BECOME LEGAL OR TO LEAVE, or be deported on sight!!! END OF STORY! OH, AND NO BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP!!!!!!!!
The problem is Boehner fought hard against bringing Everify up for a vote last summer. The Republican leadership is no better than the Dems. Thankfully, there are still a lot of common sense Rs in the rank and file who will vote against this anti American amnesty.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Nobody wants to hire a criminal anyway. At least potential employers know that before they make the mistake of hiring this criminal.
Nobody wants to hire a Stanford grad with an engineering degree?

Think again, sister, I'd hire him. We need to keep as many top flight foreign scientists and engineers who go to school here as we can- they only make America stronger.

Given that this guy was raised in the USA, he surely has far better speaking and writing skills than most foreign students that come here to study- many of them are technically sound, but not effective communicators.

And no, as an engineer, I don't feel "threatened" by this guy.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

spud wrote:
<quoted text>If everyone in this world acted like his lawbreaking parents, what kind of chaos would we have in this country?
Really. Can you imagine the chaos? Straight "A" students from Stanford running amok with their fancy engineering degrees- working hard, promoting science and engineering, getting patents.

How could America survive that? It'd be the end of the Republic!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanford is expensive, he didn't mention who is paying his tab from his poor illegal alien family. He also mentioned a loan for grad school. Who in God's name gives an illegal alien a loan? Talk about skipping the loan...
Stanford may be giving him a full-ride (or nearly so).

Stanford is a PRIVATE school with a huge endowment- that is where the money would come from. The endowment comes from donations from alums and others.

Or maybe some citizen is sponsoring him. I fund small scholarships for underprivileged students, so it's conceivable that someone else could fund a larger scholarship for this kid.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

444AAAA wrote:
What is amazing to me us that this wet back piece of shit got a free education courtesy of the American taxpayer and now he wants more, more, more.
His education was most likely funded by the Stanford endowment (funded by donations from alums), not "taxpayers."

“a smile for my friends”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants to hire a Stanford grad with an engineering degree?
Think again, sister, I'd hire him. We need to keep as many top flight foreign scientists and engineers who go to school here as we can- they only make America stronger.
Given that this guy was raised in the USA, he surely has far better speaking and writing skills than most foreign students that come here to study- many of them are technically sound, but not effective communicators.
And no, as an engineer, I don't feel "threatened" by this guy.
So you would hire his illegal *ss hoh? Well that makes every argument or opinion you post moot. You are as big a problem as the illegal aliens themselves.. In this country if you break the law you are a crinninal. Black and white.. There are no gray areas there. He broke the law and he has to go. And and he should have to tote one of you bleeding heart crimminal loving libtards under each arm when he does.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. Can you imagine the chaos? Straight "A" students from Stanford running amok with their fancy engineering degrees- working hard, promoting science and engineering, getting patents.
How could America survive that? It'd be the end of the Republic!
What utopian planet are you from, dog? Darryl Dawkins, otherwise known as Chocolate Thunder, made more sense than you. He claimed to be from the planet, Lovetron.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanford may be giving him a full-ride (or nearly so).
Stanford is a PRIVATE school with a huge endowment- that is where the money would come from. The endowment comes from donations from alums and others.
Or maybe some citizen is sponsoring him. I fund small scholarships for underprivileged students, so it's conceivable that someone else could fund a larger scholarship for this kid.
No matter where the money came from there is one less American citizen who received a college education because this illegal did. I doubt that Stanford does not receive any taxpayer money.

Since: May 13

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

Everyone of you ignorants... That's exactly what this country needs, people who are well educated and have a good background to make his country great again, countries like Canada facilitate papers to the illegal immigrants as long as they have a degree, why would we want the good immigrants to leave the country? Immigrants who can contribute tremendously to this country, inject lots of money to this economy... We need people that are eager to grow, to purchase a house, to open a business and create opportunities for others, you all say undocumented people are taking things from others citizens like scholarships or grants, those are almost unlimited for the people who are qualify, it's just that people in this country are lazy to pursue them.

“a smile for my friends”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

To Mewolf. I sure like the way you think. Crimminals should get a walk and get any job they want becouse they have an education. Maby i should get Holders job. I have a B.S. And I know an awful lot about the justice systom. Maby you can put in a good word for me. After all, you and all the other taxpayers here paid for my education. While I was serving my ten year sentence for armed robbery down in Ga.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of581
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Immigration Costs North Carolina Taxpay... 28 min jose is a racist POS 101
Boehner spox: No change on immigration 48 min Eighthman 32
Poverty is American, not racial, problem 52 min neutral observer 83
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 52 min Agents of Corruption 218,260
El Paso state Sen. Jose Rodriguez challenges wi... 53 min Petro 54
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr jimmy krack korn 133,556
Shenandoah-area men sentenced for hate crime in... (Feb '11) 2 hr David 9
•••
•••
•••
•••