American green card? No thanks

American green card? No thanks

There are 7 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Nov 12, 2011, titled American green card? No thanks. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

Half as many people applied to enter a diversity lottery to receive an American green card this year than last, the State Department told the Wall Street Journal's Miriam Jordan .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Candy

Kansas City, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Would that be due to the consulates handing them out like candy?
ima

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 13, 2011
NUTS!!!!!!
What

Kansas City, MO

#3 Nov 13, 2011
ima?
Speedy Gonzales

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 13, 2011
We don't need no stinking badges!
Adam Troy

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2011
Candy wrote:
Would that be due to the consulates handing them out like candy?
. You have not the slightly idea about how extremely hard is to get a visa. Even a tourist visa is almost like to win the lotto. First of all, they charge you hundreds of dollar, then, the consulate official ask you for dozens of papers, and finally they deny the visa (and doesn't reimburse you the money you pay, of course). In order to get a tourism visa you have to show that you own property on your country of origin, you have to show your bank accounts, and of course you have to be solvent to US standards, you have to show proof of employment, and again, at the end, in most of the cases they deny the visa.
Chinese

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Apr 16, 2013
That's funny how easy they make money from people all over the world, your requesting visa?? Well give them money first then your damn visa Denied!! What an idiot they are.

Since: Sep 12

Makati, Philippines

#9 Apr 21, 2013
Processing visa is quite hard. I'm not so sure how can they guarantee the lotto winner to have an American visa once they win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump moves immigration rally amid surge 9 min TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 17
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 26 min positronium 139
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 39 min mjjcpa 216
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 54 min Cat74 443
News Bush, at Mexican border, denounces Trump's immi... 1 hr Memo From Turner 34
Why Americans are starting to really hate mexic... (Oct '07) 2 hr Svolitch 1,597
News What's behind the 'anchor babies' buzz phrase? 2 hr Sin Verguenza 8
More from around the web