What's holding up immigration reform?

What's holding up immigration reform?

There are 56 comments on the CNN story from Sep 12, 2013, titled What's holding up immigration reform?. In it, CNN reports that:

First, that comprehensive immigration reform isn't just headed to the back burner but will be completely off the stove until 2015 and beyond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brenda besson

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2013
Great story this is exactly what is happening,nothing.no amnesty no reform.just as it should be.get lost.you are not wanted here.if you are stupid enough to stick around until 2015,2017.it will be no again.pretty soon we will start to deport and jail people again.breaking up famlies(not)so if you dont want to be deported or arrested go home,ive been saying all along this would never happen.you cant come illegal and get legal.your marches,demands and drama really killed it.who would want to live with people who act like this.
Brenda besson

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2013
Oh and ha ha to the gang of 8or7lol what the hell are you people thinking morons.this is america.vote them out.go republican,vote out republicans who thought selling out the country was a good idea.god bless america and americans
Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#3 Sep 12, 2013
What is holding up immigration reform is the fact that our political system is working. The legislation as presented is bad and only serves to reward those who have been profiting from illegal and legal immigration for the last 30 years. Only special interests are being served while the American citizens are expected to pay the price. We do not need amnesty for millions or a huge increase in border security aimed at making a few government contractors wealthier than they are. What we need is stricter enforcement aimed at those who employ, exploit, encourage and aid illegal aliens. If we make it hard on those who come here illegally then the only people who will cross the border illegally will be drug smugglers and the BP will be able to concentrate resources on stopping them rather than chasing people who are just coming here for the great welfare system.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 12, 2013
What's happening is that constituents are giving their reps longs ears on this subject....they don't want to see illegals getting gifted with anything. With the 2014 elections looming on the horizon, many are weighing the consequence that that they will be forced to face should they send Americans under the bus in favor of those here illegally. Keep giving your reps an earful!
Brenda besson

United States

#6 Sep 12, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
What's happening is that constituents are giving their reps longs ears on this subject....they don't want to see illegals getting gifted with anything. With the 2014 elections looming on the horizon, many are weighing the consequence that that they will be forced to face should they send Americans under the bus in favor of those here illegally. Keep giving your reps an earful!
as you know I do,called today all day.call the ones that are for it tell them you wont vote for them,even though we never would.they dont know if you are dem or rep.it works,i usually say this is unamerican.
tired of racism

Bronx, NY

#7 Sep 12, 2013
If you all were not lazy enough then UsA would not need the demand of a whole lot of labor force but let us face reality there a a myriad of positions that you all would not be able to do because of your laziness. Quit relying on ebt, medicare and welfare and get busy. I am so glad Obama care is going to be in effect that way you all racist dummies will have to buy your own insurance.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Sep 12, 2013
tired of racism wrote:
If you all were not lazy enough then UsA would not need the demand of a whole lot of labor force but let us face reality there a a myriad of positions that you all would not be able to do because of your laziness. Quit relying on ebt, medicare and welfare and get busy. I am so glad Obama care is going to be in effect that way you all racist dummies will have to buy your own insurance.
I never relied on anything but myself and my work ethic. The same goes for my hubby. We have always paid for our own insurance. You have us confused with those who have made a living, feeding off those of us who have worked and paid taxes. It has nothing to do with lazy Americans, it has to do with greedy employers who never pass the savings on to the consumers...they just stuff their own pockets while they hire illegals who also feed off the taxpayers.
Brenda besson

United States

#9 Sep 12, 2013
tired of racism wrote:
If you all were not lazy enough then UsA would not need the demand of a whole lot of labor force but let us face reality there a a myriad of positions that you all would not be able to do because of your laziness. Quit relying on ebt, medicare and welfare and get busy. I am so glad Obama care is going to be in effect that way you all racist dummies will, have to buy your own insurance.
that lazy american story is as stupid as the hispanics are hard workers story,both not true.obamacare serves no one and will be repealed just like amnesty
Jim

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 12, 2013
tired of racism wrote:
Put your La Raza book away!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#12 Sep 12, 2013
There's one word that completely describes what is preventing amnesty. That word is sanity.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Sep 12, 2013
We did this... The American people finally got listened too. When lawmakers and representatives were on break from the Capital, they heard there Constituents tell them F**&% no. We have no money to take care of our own let alone pay for this garbage. The illegals want to be rewarded for breaking our laws. They're as dumb as a box of rocks. Our Country will not roll over for this crap. Deport them and California can asseed to Mexico. We are through with this beligerent Culture. Run over our kids, kill our Fellow Americans on the road, commit ID theft on our precious kids, run drugs into our neighborhoods and schools. We've had it. Mexico didn't care about them either. They are born crooks. Go home. Give it up.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Sep 12, 2013
Oh yea. Today in Utah ICE has given I phones a new APP to contact them with Complaint's and child abductions and other issues. The App can also be used to report criminal element's and gang affiliation illegals. Something has changed. Thank God. If OBAM want's to help American citizens get work, the last thing he can do is give 20 million illegals amnesty....
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Sep 12, 2013
tired of racism wrote:
You are nut's my friend. Corporations and Dems want cheap labor. In Washington the news came out today, Big Co's. like Wendy's, Mc Donalds, etc. are firing Americans to replace them with cheap illegal labor so they won't have to pay healthcare to Citizens... Washington is run by Goldman Sachs, and Big Corporations and we are expendable.Someone somewhere got back in touch with reality and Corporations and banks are going to have to step up to the pump and share their wealth which they do not want to do.It's called Obamacare.... ha ha. Corporations do not want to pay health care cost's for millions of full time Americans they want a new wave of illegals too screw.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16 Sep 12, 2013
throw the bill in the trash and remove its writers and supporters.

86 showed us all shamnesty is a failure and against the people of the USA.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#17 Sep 12, 2013
What's needed is to enforce our current laws. There is no reform needed other than do away with birth right Citizenship. And make all who are here Illegally go to the end of the line and back to their Country of origin, Take their Anchors with them.
sabrina

Cedar Park, TX

#18 Sep 13, 2013
tired of racism wrote:
Get a life!!! You have nothing better to do with your day but complain! lol..
sabrina

Cedar Park, TX

#19 Sep 13, 2013
spud wrote:
There's one word that completely describes what is preventing amnesty. That word is sanity.
Latinos are not the only ones on welfare. Blacks and whites all equally are on welfare with thier husbands standing right by thier side, white people buying their organic food with food stamps and the blacks buying thier bque to cook on the grill!!! lol get a life
spud

Weatherly, PA

#20 Sep 13, 2013
sabrina wrote:
<quoted text> Latinos are not the only ones on welfare. Blacks and whites all equally are on welfare with thier husbands standing right by thier side, white people buying their organic food with food stamps and the blacks buying thier bque to cook on the grill!!! lol get a life
You sound like someone on welfare with a guilty conscience. Welfare fraud is only one small item we get stuck paying for illegal aliens. But now that you mention it, it's funny that I was behind a fat Spanish speaking lady the other day and she was buying a fancy box of chocolates compliments of the US taxpayer. I saw her afterward in the store parking lot getting into a Caddy and driving off. I don't know where she got the money for the Caddy but I'm a little bitter that she was using money from me to grow her enormous ,$$$, hiney.
Brenda besson

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2013
Its never going to happen,thats whats holding it up.lol.lol lol and ha ha lmao.now go home.
Brenda besson

United States

#22 Sep 13, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like someone on welfare with a guilty conscience. Welfare fraud is only one small item we get stuck paying for illegal aliens. But now that you mention it, it's funny that I was behind a fat Spanish speaking lady the other day and she was buying a fancy box of chocolates compliments of the US taxpayer. I saw her afterward in the store parking lot getting into a Caddy and driving off. I don't know where she got the money for the Caddy but I'm a little bitter that she was using money from me to grow her enormous ,$$$, hiney.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr abc 7,590
News Trump vows 'fair, but firm' approach to illegal... 1 hr Frito Bandito 16
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr gwww 112
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Quirky 142,213
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr WasteWater 10,960
News Suddenly it's Trump sounding soft on illegal im... 3 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 3 hr OccupyThis 5
More from around the web