Immigrants sue employer for back wages

There are 14 comments on the News Observer story from May 30, 2007, titled Immigrants sue employer for back wages. In it, News Observer reports that:

“You're aware people are taking advantage of you. You're just trying to feed your kids”

Illegal immigrants who worked long shifts scrubbing theme restaurants for an indicted janitorial firm are seeking unpaid wages in a federal lawsuit. via News Observer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

ASBESTOS

Cleburne, TX

#1 May 30, 2007
I like this.

The Company hires illegal aliens, treats them like shit and shorts them on pay.

1.) WHO did the illegal aliens think they were dealing with? A company that does this sort of thing WILL SCREW YOU!!! He hires illegally, WHAT THE F*CK WERE YOU THINKING???

2.) THe Company hired illegal aliens to "Do the jobs Americans won't do" and aparrently even illegal aliens have their limits too, such as WAY too much unpaid overtime and witholding of wages.

The article states:

"Others said they worked 80- or 100-hour weeks without earning overtime pay or even the prevailing minimum wage."

Seems as the "Jobs Americans won't do are also unacceptable for illegal aliens and are illegal, such as hiring illegal aliens in the first place.

WHAT THE SAM HILL IS ANYBODY THINKING HERE?????

""People should be aware of the kinds of exploitative situations that are happening out there, in particular with immigrant workers,""

Well no shit! Illegal ALiens (NOT IMMIGRANTS) are going to get exploited, that is why the business want them, to do 80-110 hours a week 7 days a week with no breaks and not pay them shit!!!!

In another case, the Company Rep. who hired illegal aliens said he did not have to pay back wages and overtimebecause they were illegal aliens and were not legally able to work. A Federal Judge told him he was to check and if they were working for the man, they needed to be treated the same as any other worker.

SO the word is getting out to the illegal aliens, they can sue for back wages, they have to be paid minimum wages, and they have to be paid for overtime.

hmmmmm! Maybe now they are realizing WHY "Americans were not doing the jobs illegal aliens were doing"!!!!
Calling a Spade a Spade

Palm City, FL

#2 May 30, 2007
Immigrants or ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS--THERE IS A DISTINCTION. COME HERE ILLEGALLY??? AND YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW

TOUGH NOOGIES-Death and good riddance to ZAPATA and PANCHO VILLA

“You're aware people are taking advantage of you. You're just trying to feed your kids”

Illegal immigrants who worked long shifts scrubbing theme restaurants for an indicted janitorial firm are seeking unpaid wages in a federal lawsuit. via News Observer
Cliff

Prairie Hill, TX

#3 May 30, 2007
I am writing you today to voice my opinion about the "so called" immigration reform. I speak on behalf of almost all middle class working families who are legal citizens of this nation and proud Americans when I say; WE DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO CAME HERE ILLEGALY, AND WE WANT THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!

I am not a prejudice person. I have Mexican friends. One of whom learned English and went through the complicated channels of becoming a U.S. citizen. He said "It was hard but worth the effort." I want to add that he speaks very good English; and is proud to be an American.

He tells me how many of the illegal’s here "Southeast Texas" do not want to learn our Language; but that we should learn theirs. He also says they believe that parts of Texas and Southern New Mexico are still theirs.

They are not here to be proud Americans; they are here to make money TAX FREE and end up retiring in Mexico with their proud Mexican heritages intact. I run into them all the time. They are rude, and from what I can see have no moral values whatsoever. I have had plenty just come up and cut in line at the convenience store, and they loiter around the gas pumps. They spit on America while she gives handouts. I want our country to make them go home, LEARN ENGLISH!, go through the proper channels, pass the tests, and show that they really want to become an American, because this policy they are trying to pass for reasons truly unknown to the public is never going to solve the 12 million illegal alien and growing with every handout problem that this country has.

After seeing the one-sided coverage the Media has been giving to ILLEGAL ALEINS; I now understand that the media is just as corrupt as the U.S. Government. The American people have had their voices stripped from them by people not from this country; and in a few years the government will have added another 15 million ignorant voters which will dilute the power of the true American's voice.

THIS GOVERNMENT IS SLOWLY TAKING AWAY THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE, JUST LIKE IT TOOK AWAY THE TRUE VOICE OF THE NOW BIAS MEDIA.

THIS COUNTRY IS FALLING APART.
illegal - not

Stockton, CA

#4 May 31, 2007
Anonymously report those who employ illegal immigrants:
www.ice.gov
Citizens need to stand up and act. We wouldn't be having this discussion if employers were afraid of enforcement including fines and jail time.
HISPANIC TEXIN

North Richland Hills, TX

#6 May 31, 2007
Subject: Anal Fissure Bob Returns
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 22:52:00 +0200

As you know, my anal fissure Bob and I were due to be separated today. By that most tasteless of medical marvels, violent anal dilation, Bob was to be no more.

The hospital scheduled the dilation over a week ago. They had sent me some medicine that I was to take the night before, and the morning of the procedure. It consisted of an overdose of some kind of laxative pill and two suppositories the size of a sputnik.

Yesterday evening I had ingested the pills and inserted the Grogan Buster(tm) industrial strength stool liquefier. Around ten, I began to feel the need, and by 10:15 I was sitting on the throne enjoying one of the most massive squats of my life. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that was not original equipment that came with my digestive tract was madly scrambling for the exit.

Sound like fun? Well, for a while it was. Then things began to go wrong.

“Bent never broken”

Since: May 07

Hurst

#7 May 31, 2007
You have got to be kidding...wait no...Im not surprised anymore...
USA 1776

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jun 1, 2007
REMEMBER THE ALAMO
Dan

Butler, OH

#10 Jun 1, 2007
I am on the side of the illegals here. I hope they bankrupt the jerks that hired them.

“Bent never broken”

Since: May 07

Hurst

#11 Jun 1, 2007
Why cant they realize the dream of home and go?

Better yet,send them to the middle east and let them do the sucide bomber jobs the terrorists dont wanna do.Then after a couple of years after thees messican invaders are in there,Bin laden will be killed by a drunk mexican driver and all the oil money will be spent on welfare for these mexican leeches!!!
Dan..your a traitor...and anti-American
Kultur Kampf

Howell, NJ

#12 Jun 1, 2007
USA 1776 wrote:
REMEMBER THE ALAMO
There's no Alamo in Florida.
Kultur Kampf

Howell, NJ

#13 Jun 1, 2007
Blacksheep34 wrote:
...send them to the middle east and let them do the sucide bomber jobs the terrorists dont wanna do...and anti-American
Are you aware that these suicide bombers are trying to kill AMERICAN SOLDIERS? Why do we need more?
USA1776

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jun 4, 2007
Kultur Kampf wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no Alamo in Florida.
WHAT THE HEL* KIND OF NAME IS THAT?ARE YOU A TOWEL HEAD OR A NAZI?
Misty

Benton, AR

#15 Sep 28, 2013
Cliff wrote:
I am writing you today to voice my opinion about the "so called" immigration reform. I speak on behalf of almost all middle class working families who are legal citizens of this nation and proud Americans when I say; WE DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO CAME HERE ILLEGALY, AND WE WANT THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!
I am not a prejudice person. I have Mexican friends. One of whom learned English and went through the complicated channels of becoming a U.S. citizen. He said "It was hard but worth the effort." I want to add that he speaks very good English; and is proud to be an American.
He tells me how many of the illegal’s here "Southeast Texas" do not want to learn our Language; but that we should learn theirs. He also says they believe that parts of Texas and Southern New Mexico are still theirs.
They are not here to be proud Americans; they are here to make money TAX FREE and end up retiring in Mexico with their proud Mexican heritages intact. I run into them all the time. They are rude, and from what I can see have no moral values whatsoever. I have had plenty just come up and cut in line at the convenience store, and they loiter around the gas pumps. They spit on America while she gives handouts. I want our country to make them go home, LEARN ENGLISH!, go through the proper channels, pass the tests, and show that they really want to become an American, because this policy they are trying to pass for reasons truly unknown to the public is never going to solve the 12 million illegal alien and growing with every handout problem that this country has.
After seeing the one-sided coverage the Media has been giving to ILLEGAL ALEINS; I now understand that the media is just as corrupt as the U.S. Government. The American people have had their voices stripped from them by people not from this country; and in a few years the government will have added another 15 million ignorant voters which will dilute the power of the true American's voice.
THIS GOVERNMENT IS SLOWLY TAKING AWAY THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE, JUST LIKE IT TOOK AWAY THE TRUE VOICE OF THE NOW BIAS MEDIA.
and you are a dame races person i have ever seen
Brenda besson

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2013
Cliff wrote:
amen,that is perfect and right on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 47 min Quirky 146,838
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr midnight lover 9,091
News Graham: If Sessions is fired, 'there will be ho... 1 hr Civic Infidel 11
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 3 hr Katrina 636
News Aging New York Immigrants Confront Shortage of ... 9 hr spud 6
News Court: Police can't detain immigrants without c... 10 hr Katrina 36
News Immigration Chief: We're Sending Hundreds Of Ag... 16 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 12
More from around the web