Driven to speak out: Women want licenses

Driven to speak out: Women want licenses

There are 9 comments on the Portland Tribune story from May 11, 2013, titled Driven to speak out: Women want licenses. In it, Portland Tribune reports that:

Imelda Gomez, the first, won praise from her 14-year-old son recently for taking a difficult step and speaking up for a cause she believes in: driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portland Tribune.

Whatever

De Soto, KS

#1 May 11, 2013
They can get a license in THEIR country, as this one is OURS!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 May 11, 2013
deport her and her anchors. un needed unwanted big waste of tax dollars.

the only wants that need to be heard is that of the American citizens and anchors do not count.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2013
Great, if they want one so badly, they can go about rectifyig their status on their own, and quit demanding that this country keep giving into their every whim and demand. Would they be this bold and outspoken in their country of origin??? What gives them the right to demand anything, when in reality they are nothing more than thieves.
Exactly

De Soto, KS

#4 May 12, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Great, if they want one so badly, they can go about rectifyig their status on their own, and quit demanding that this country keep giving into their every whim and demand. Would they be this bold and outspoken in their country of origin??? What gives them the right to demand anything, when in reality they are nothing more than thieves.
right on!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#5 May 12, 2013
I have officially gone to the land of I just don't care!

When do we hold parents responsible for their children?!!! They will suck on this teat until we stop it!!! They have shared their sob stories ad nauseum!!! They create the problem and our whole nation is suppose to bow down and solve it. F'em!!! Did you notice that each was concerned about driving to their job?!!!!

They say they came here around 10 & 13.

I work in a major metro school district and I can tell you that children as young as first grade know that their families need "paples!!!!" I also know that illegal aliens, no matter how long they have been here, expect to be caught and deported at any time...at least they use to be!

I am also noticing a new trend of where children spend half the year with the deported family parent, and the rest with the US living parent. This presents a problem for ELL because the child will have started to learn English, and forget when they go to Mexico! Now that's the story they should be telling!!!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#6 May 12, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
The only good news about this is that the state of Washington will get a break! However, I must admit that they have cracked down on the qualifying standard somewhat.

“The End Of America Coming Soon”

Level 4

Since: Dec 07

Welfare State

#7 May 12, 2013
What is it with these illegals that makes them feel so entitled to the same rights and privileges that legal citizens have? Why do they think they're so special?

Always trying to get their way, they're forever offering justifications as to why we should give them what they want.

They say they're here illegally so we should just give them legal status...because they aren't going anywhere.

They are driving without licenses, so we should give them licenses...because it would be safer for everyone else.

Enforcing our laws to the fullest extent would solve the entire illegal immigration problem. Unfortunately, these idiots in Washington have hijacked this issue and turned it into a political game of which party can expand their voting block.
Exactly

Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 12, 2013
Fed Up in North Carolina wrote:
What is it with these illegals that makes them feel so entitled to the same rights and privileges that legal citizens have? Why do they think they're so special?
Always trying to get their way, they're forever offering justifications as to why we should give them what they want.
They say they're here illegally so we should just give them legal status...because they aren't going anywhere.
They are driving without licenses, so we should give them licenses...because it would be safer for everyone else.
Enforcing our laws to the fullest extent would solve the entire illegal immigration problem. Unfortunately, these idiots in Washington have hijacked this issue and turned it into a political game of which party can expand their voting block.
Right on!
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#9 May 12, 2013
Deport them all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pledges to recognize Jerusalem as united ... 3 min Wildchild 1
News Trump Meets With Netanyahu to Discuss Israel's ... 3 min Wildchild 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 20 min Shawnbc 10,159
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 33 min Patriot 11,250
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 33 min NuRidersoftheePur... 142,637
News Angelina Jolie slams Trump, warns against 'poli... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
News Is Donald Trump Crazy? (Jul '15) 4 hr Skid Marx 39
More from around the web