Band Of Republicans Push For Immigrat...

Band Of Republicans Push For Immigration Amid Strong Party Opposition

There are 16 comments on the CBS Local story from Sep 8, 2013, titled Band Of Republicans Push For Immigration Amid Strong Party Opposition. In it, CBS Local reports that:

In the five weeks since he declared his support for a comprehensive immigration overhaul, U.S. Rep. Daniel Webster has gotten an earful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 8, 2013
ENFORCE the freaking laws.

do you idiots even have a limit on how many you think should be allowed in????

what happens if we are invaded by 100+ MILLION?

are you going to say we cannot stop them. so, we are forced to allow them to take over?

talk about being brain dead.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
ENFORCE the freaking laws.
do you idiots even have a limit on how many you think should be allowed in????
what happens if we are invaded by 100+ MILLION?
are you going to say we cannot stop them. so, we are forced to allow them to take over?
talk about being brain dead.
If they want to keep their seats they might want to opt for securing the border, enforce existing laws and vote No for amnesty. Otherwise, Fire them!
think

United States

#4 Sep 9, 2013
If you deport 11 millions people who is going to do theirs job? Economy doesn't improve by those actions. Think about it !!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#5 Sep 9, 2013
think wrote:
If you deport 11 millions people who is going to do theirs job? Economy doesn't improve by those actions. Think about it !!!
There's more than enough unemployed Americans to fill those jobs. Not only that but when the number of workers decreases as illegal aliens get deported, wages will increase. Illegal aliens only benefit their exploiters at the expense of the American worker and our economy.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#6 Sep 9, 2013
These Republicans in favor of this amnesty are crazy. They should be selling the fact that even legal immigrants wages would go up if we could get rid of the illegal aliens.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#8 Sep 10, 2013
think wrote:
If you deport 11 millions people who is going to do theirs job? Economy doesn't improve by those actions. Think about it !!!
The economy would absolutely collapse. There is no way around that. Forget about who will do their jobs. If 3% of the population suddenly disappears that will crush the housing market. Besides that despite the weird Topix myths all undocumented people pay property and school taxes. Without this tax revenue there will be huge holes in school budgets around the country. That will result in higher taxes for everybody else. Add in the drop in retail sales and it is all a disaster for us.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#10 Sep 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy would absolutely collapse. There is no way around that. Forget about who will do their jobs. If 3% of the population suddenly disappears that will crush the housing market. Besides that despite the weird Topix myths all undocumented people pay property and school taxes. Without this tax revenue there will be huge holes in school budgets around the country. That will result in higher taxes for everybody else. Add in the drop in retail sales and it is all a disaster for us.
Really? Is this analysis your final answer?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#11 Sep 11, 2013
The article states:
“If Republicans get caricatured as the party of no sympathy and deportation, I think that gets filtered down to a larger population that isn’t just Hispanic,” he said.“They risk alienating non-Hispanic swing voters.”

Love the use of the "IF" - LOLL
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#12 Sep 11, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Is this analysis your final answer?
It is just Economics 101.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy would absolutely collapse. There is no way around that. Forget about who will do their jobs. If 3% of the population suddenly disappears that will crush the housing market. Besides that despite the weird Topix myths all undocumented people pay property and school taxes. Without this tax revenue there will be huge holes in school budgets around the country. That will result in higher taxes for everybody else. Add in the drop in retail sales and it is all a disaster for us.
Why are you liberals such alarmists? That statement was just like everything I heard coming out of liberals mouths when the sequester was going to take affect. "Crucial services will be cut. Elderly people will die. Children will go hungry", and on and on and on. It was laughable just like your last statement.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#14 Sep 11, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you liberals such alarmists? That statement was just like everything I heard coming out of liberals mouths when the sequester was going to take affect. "Crucial services will be cut. Elderly people will die. Children will go hungry", and on and on and on. It was laughable just like your last statement.
It is simple mathematics and it is not surprising that you find liberal concepts like math to be laughable.

As for the sequester it has cost my business tens of thousands of dollars so far. Yes it does cause problems.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple mathematics and it is not surprising that you find liberal concepts like math to be laughable.
As for the sequester it has cost my business tens of thousands of dollars so far. Yes it does cause problems.
Ah so you're on the government teat. It's all making sense now.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#17 Sep 12, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Ah so you're on the government teat. It's all making sense now.
Wrong again.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#18 Sep 12, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
So how exactly did the sequester cost you tens of thousands of dollars?
spud

Weatherly, PA

#19 Sep 12, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple mathematics and it is not surprising that you find liberal concepts like math to be laughable.
As for the sequester it has cost my business tens of thousands of dollars so far. Yes it does cause problems.
If liberals are so good at math why can't they make a budget?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#20 Sep 12, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>If liberals are so good at math why can't they make a budget?
Is that a serious question? Really? You don't have any idea how government works, let alone the budget process. That does not say much for home schooling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min woodtick57 336
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 10 min Memo From Turner 5,948
News The fight over illegal immigrants goes to the S... 33 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 139
News New Challenges for Immigration Law 43 min spud 5
News Immigration Rights Group Wants Joe Arpaio Arres... 46 min spud 16
News Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 8
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 hr Chilli J 8,428
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr jimmy krack korn 141,133
More from around the web