DOJ Official, Judge Want More Immigration Lawyers, Which Will Decrease Deportations

Aug 13, 2014 Full story: The Daily Caller 29

The head of the Department of Justice's Executive Office of Immigration Review and a federal appeals court judge both support providing attorneys to illegal immigrants, often for free, greatly lowering their chances of being deported.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Soul

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1 Aug 13, 2014
Not seeing as much info on the kids crossing the border. I have heard that the policy is to go directly from a border patrol vehicle to the holding facilities at the larger Airforce bases like Lackland. The word is, that we don't even ask their names..just where they are from, and then, straight to the que for that country. Flights going out 24 hours a day. This is what Eisenhower did and it works. Imagine that, we don't even need their name. The id's are done once they land in their home country. Keeping it on the ' Down Low '! Way to go America!
ronnie

Riverton, UT

#2 Aug 13, 2014
That would be fine accept the idiot in the WH is paying for more and more Attorney's to represent these 3rd world thugs. Those kids have already been given free housing in nice hotels, foster family's, of course" illegals too", and free lawyers to expedite there amnesty. This Country is really f&u$k#d... until the Military takes over and Obama's out of the WH were screwed. These people really believe they have right's here and no one is telling them anything different. This is a BORDERLESS Country and the beginning of the end of a once great Country.
spud

Goodville, PA

#4 Aug 14, 2014
Themerican people want fewer l of ad, especially immigration lawyers. What we need is consise laws and diligent enforcement. Government is injecting far too many lawyers into far too many areas of our lives.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#5 Aug 15, 2014
ronnie wrote:
That would be fine accept the idiot in the WH is paying for more and more Attorney's to represent these 3rd world thugs. Those kids have already been given free housing in nice hotels, foster family's, of course" illegals too", and free lawyers to expedite there amnesty. This Country is really f&u$k#d... until the Military takes over and Obama's out of the WH were screwed. These people really believe they have right's here and no one is telling them anything different. This is a BORDERLESS Country and the beginning of the end of a once great Country.
You have no understanding of American values at all. I wish you would just return to the country from which you came. You would clearly be much happier there then you are in our country.

Anybody who thinks a small child should appear in court alone and represent themselves has no appreciation of how the American system of justice is supposed to work.

I would love to send you to one of the detention facilities where they are holding these kids. After a few days you probably would not be describing the jails as "nice hotels".

ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Aug 15, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no understanding of American values at all. I wish you would just return to the country from which you came. You would clearly be much happier there then you are in our country.
Anybody who thinks a small child should appear in court alone and represent themselves has no appreciation of how the American system of justice is supposed to work.
I would love to send you to one of the detention facilities where they are holding these kids. After a few days you probably would not be describing the jails as "nice hotels".
I go fishing, you go trolling.... maybe uneducated third world tripe buy you BS, but pleeeeeze..... There were very few small kids in that group, and many were with there mother's ......Give me a break....those kids have thus far received millions of our tax dollar's...Our tax's should go to Veterans and poor American kids.....
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#7 Aug 15, 2014
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>I go fishing, you go trolling.... maybe uneducated third world tripe buy you BS, but pleeeeeze..... There were very few small kids in that group, and many were with there mother's ......Give me a break....those kids have thus far received millions of our tax dollar's...Our tax's should go to Veterans and poor American kids.....
"Those kids have thus far received millions of our tax dollar's". Seriously. You consider being kept in detention to be some type of a gift? If you are that concerned let them be processed and placed with family members. Problem solved.

As a long term solution tell your family business should stop hiring undocumented people.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Aug 15, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The US should be turning these kids around and back over the border to Mexico and allow Mexico to support them.

"You have no understanding of American values at all."

How about American law? These kids can't be here. If illegal aliens don't want to support their children maybe they should not have any or practice birth control, what are they, barnyard animals?
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Aug 15, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those kids have thus far received millions of our tax dollar's". Seriously. You consider being kept in detention to be some type of a gift? If you are that concerned let them be processed and placed with family members. Problem solved.
As a long term solution tell your family business should stop hiring undocumented people.
undocumented people = ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
Tribal

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much how it is in our justice system. There was a case in San Francisco with a friend of mine where her daughter witnessed a violent crime, in order to convict this person her three year old would of had to testify in court in front a jury and mind you she was only three. Of course that wasn't an option so the man walked free.

I myself don't support the "refugee crisis" that's going on I believe it's an unfair process.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#11 Aug 15, 2014
Tribal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much how it is in our justice system. There was a case in San Francisco with a friend of mine where her daughter witnessed a violent crime, in order to convict this person her three year old would of had to testify in court in front a jury and mind you she was only three. Of course that wasn't an option so the man walked free.
I myself don't support the "refugee crisis" that's going on I believe it's an unfair process.
I find it highly unlikely that a three year old was testifying in court, but even if she did that is completely different then making a child represent themselves when they themselves are the subject of the court proceedings. Especially considering what is at stake.

It is beyond mind boggling that anybody would suggest such a thing should happen in the United States. That type of thing would not even happen in an Islamic hellhole.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#12 Aug 15, 2014
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
The US should be turning these kids around and back over the border to Mexico and allow Mexico to support them.
"You have no understanding of American values at all."
How about American law? These kids can't be here. If illegal aliens don't want to support their children maybe they should not have any or practice birth control, what are they, barnyard animals?
Why would we send them to Mexico? Why don't we sent them to France? Or Japan? Or some other country that has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You do realize these are not Mexican kids, don't you?
spud

Goodville, PA

#13 Aug 16, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>

Anyone who thinks it's OK for small children to travel alone for thousands of miles in foreign countries, needs to have their heads examined. There's nothing right about this invasion. Not only that, but imagine how easy it would be for any islamic terrorist to blend into that group and just walk into this country like they own it. This whole thing is a display of Democratic incompetance. The idiotic neocon leadership of the Republican party seems either powerless to stop this insanity or maybe they're just too stupid to realize this invasion is as bad for their misguided party as it is for our country.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#14 Aug 16, 2014
The Republican Party profits from illegal immigration almost as much as the Democrats do. Repressing wages is what keeps the money flowing to both parties from their corporate masters As long as people get their government handouts they mindlessly follow and do what they are told just like the politicians. Those who actually work non-government jobs and pay taxes have become a minority in this country and as such working people are the new slaves because they no longer have a say in how government is run.
Tribal

Moreno Valley, CA

#15 Aug 16, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it highly unlikely that a three year old was testifying in court, but even if she did that is completely different then making a child represent themselves when they themselves are the subject of the court proceedings. Especially considering what is at stake.
It is beyond mind boggling that anybody would suggest such a thing should happen in the United States. That type of thing would not even happen in an Islamic hellhole.
To be in a court at all for children regardless of where they come from would be scary. The three year old didn't testify her mom tried other avenues but the DA would not work with her. And last I heard they were slowing the processes down.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#16 Aug 17, 2014
Tribal wrote:
<quoted text>
To be in a court at all for children regardless of where they come from would be scary. The three year old didn't testify her mom tried other avenues but the DA would not work with her. And last I heard they were slowing the processes down.
What does this weird ever changing story of yours have to do with anything?

We are talking about people who think it is a good idea for a child to have to act as their own legal representation in cases where their lives could very well be on the line.

Forget about DA's that are not cooperative. This is a situation where children will have to go up against the government in court in an adversarial situation without a lawyer.
Tribal

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Aug 18, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this weird ever changing story of yours have to do with anything?
We are talking about people who think it is a good idea for a child to have to act as their own legal representation in cases where their lives could very well be on the line.
Forget about DA's that are not cooperative. This is a situation where children will have to go up against the government in court in an adversarial situation without a lawyer.
My point being the court system fails a lot of people so this should be no surprise to you. They are lucky they are even getting due processes and not getting deported back automatically. They are receiving rights that's our grandfathers have fought for. Yet, their own government and parents don't think these children are worth fighting for. Very sad to me.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#18 Aug 18, 2014
Tribal wrote:
<quoted text>
My point being the court system fails a lot of people so this should be no surprise to you. They are lucky they are even getting due processes and not getting deported back automatically. They are receiving rights that's our grandfathers have fought for. Yet, their own government and parents don't think these children are worth fighting for. Very sad to me.
The courts are not perfect, but I can not think of any other situations where anybody expects a three year old to act as their own lawyer in a court proceeding.
Tribal

Moreno Valley, CA

#19 Aug 18, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts are not perfect, but I can not think of any other situations where anybody expects a three year old to act as their own lawyer in a court proceeding.
I highly doubt this will continue but what did everybody expect with an influx that big? They are asking our govt for help now they are getting what every American gets a kick in the you know what. Did people think the red carpet was getting rolled out for illegals?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#20 Aug 18, 2014
Tribal wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt this will continue but what did everybody expect with an influx that big? They are asking our govt for help now they are getting what every American gets a kick in the you know what. Did people think the red carpet was getting rolled out for illegals?
It's a cliché, but we do have a broken immigration system. What they did was perfectly legal and is one of the consequences of the system. I'm not sure the kids are asking for help. It is more likely their advocates. Many people are trying to demonize the kids, but most probably have no idea what is going on.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#21 Aug 18, 2014
What kids? The majority of them aren't kids. Our immigration laws aren't broken they just haven't been enforced as they should have. been. Kids don't tote mustaches, wear adult underwear and have tattoos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeb Bush: Immigration is 'not a felony' but 'an... 54 min spud 42
Hundreds of lawyers raise hands to help unaccom... 1 hr spud 17
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 3 hr woodtick57 211
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr woodtick57 265,597
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr J ValJean 136,009
1st Suit Filed Over Enforcement of Immigration Law 6 hr gulf 64
Top Presidential Candidate Says Anarchy May For... 7 hr Mykro 9

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE