Paul: '16 voters ready for Libertarian

Feb 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

Sen. Rand Paul says he'll wait until 2014 to decide whether to run for president, but he believes voters are ready for a Libertarian-minded Republican candidate.

Comments
81 - 100 of 167 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#83 Feb 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Will he run as a GOPasaurs or a Libertarian?
Splitting the "conservative" vote will only guarantee a Democratic win.
(not that that's a bad thing)
yEY, OUR ECONOMY IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER WITH HOPE N CHANGE THESE DAYS
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#84 Feb 18, 2013
We lived without welfare for over a hundred years. Help people yes, but take them to raise no. We made them lazy, and useless to themselves, and society. It is time we ask them to do something for their money. Mow the lawns for the elderly, do housework for the aged, something besides sit around getting high, and drunk. I had to go pay a visit to someone on the southside of Chicago a couple weeks ago. Took my mom to see someone she went to school with. It was so hard to see all that poverty when we are paying billions in various programs, and what does society get back in return. Nothing.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#85 Feb 19, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>OK. What is your definition of a hand UP?
Hand up means job training ,work to do so earn welfare and food stamps...And give a two year lifetime handUP......then done.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#86 Feb 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a Biden/Hillary ticket could beat any GOPasaur ticket.
Sure if you are only talking about the 47% freeloaders.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#87 Feb 19, 2013
I challenge everyone to you tube how government and media cheated ron paul

OUR GOVERNMENT IS A JOKE!
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#88 Feb 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Sure if you are only talking about the 47% freeloaders.
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, give him welfare, section 8 housing, foodstamps,medicaid, some air jordans, and a crack pipe he will vote domocrat for life
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#89 Feb 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Sure if you are only talking about the 47% freeloaders.
PS, i fogot a free cellphone too
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#90 Feb 19, 2013
sickofit wrote:
General welfare preamble meant a service everyone would benefit from.Like roads and bridges and polcie and teachers and firemen. General welfare did not mean for handouts. GENERAL.....means for all people. How is some getting free ride why others pay for it GENERAL
I totally agree that 'general welfare' means COMMON benefit, like roads and bridges, etc.

Things INDIVIDUALS would not be able to do by themselves and which EVERYONE benefits.

Without roads, grocery stores would not be filled will food brought in by trucks. EVERYONE benefits from roads.

Individuals who directly benefit from the efforts of others through handouts is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT concept than what the Constitution describes.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#91 Feb 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You benefit when your fellow citizens benefit.
Without welfare programs many more would turn to crime which obviously harms us all.
Since the court's opinion is the only one which matters, you'll just have to keep crying about it.
So, in your view, we PAY for ourselves because we are responsible.

We pay for others so that they don't rob us.

What is going to happen when responsible people aren't able to provide enough to guarantee that there will be adequate funding to keep people from robbing us?

It will be a hard lesson to learn; one that is certain to come upon us sooner or later.

<in my humble opinion>

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#92 Feb 19, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
What is going to happen when responsible people aren't able to provide enough to guarantee that there will be adequate funding to keep people from robbing us?
It will be a hard lesson to learn; one that is certain to come upon us sooner or later.
<in my humble opinion>
You're gonna get robbed more; I thought that point was pretty obvious.

Do you think cutting off welfare is going to help? If they're too lazy to work, cutting off their welfare isn't going to make them want to go to work.

There will always be a certain portion of society which would rather steal than work, whether it's through welfare or actual crime.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#93 Feb 19, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
<in my humble opinion>
who says they're gonna rob you? maybe they'll turn to dealing drugs or prostitution.

what would you do to feed your family?

Level 2

Location hidden

#94 Feb 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna get robbed more; I thought that point was pretty obvious.
Do you think cutting off welfare is going to help? If they're too lazy to work, cutting off their welfare isn't going to make them want to go to work.
There will always be a certain portion of society which would rather steal than work, whether it's through welfare or actual crime.
True, lets hire them out to Russia to work in Siberia. At 60 below, they will work or die. The way it should be.

Level 2

Location hidden

#95 Feb 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who says they're gonna rob you? maybe they'll turn to dealing drugs or prostitution.
hint: it's called an honest job......look it up on google.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#96 Feb 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>hint: it's called an honest job......look it up on google.
What if there is no jobs? Then what would you do to support family? I know if there was no work and could not make money any way, I would do what had to to support family. Even if meant crime.

That said I think our welfare programs were a bad idea and should never have happened. But now we have them we cant just get rid of them. With 40-50 million people on them if we just cut it off chaos and violence would consume the USA and cost us twice if not triple to combat.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#97 Feb 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>hint: it's called an honest job......look it up on google.
i got one. how bout you? if you didn't have one, the point here, what would you do to feed your family.

probablya foreign question for you. i'm sure you have never had sucha close personal relationship as even a girlfriend, let alone a spouse or family...

Level 2

Location hidden

#98 Feb 20, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
What if there is no jobs? Then what would you do to support family? I know if there was no work and could not make money any way, I would do what had to to support family. Even if meant crime.
That said I think our welfare programs were a bad idea and should never have happened. But now we have them we cant just get rid of them. With 40-50 million people on them if we just cut it off chaos and violence would consume the USA and cost us twice if not triple to combat.
Pentagon informs Congress of plans to furlough 800K civilians

By Jeremy Herb - 02/20/13 11:16 AM ET
The Pentagon notified Congress on Wednesday it will be furloughing its civilian workforce of 800,000 employees if sequestration goes into effect March 1.

Level 2

Location hidden

#99 Feb 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who says they're gonna rob you? maybe they'll turn to dealing drugs or prostitution.
Oh yeah, and they are all called Trayvon.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#100 Feb 20, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Pentagon informs Congress of plans to furlough 800K civilians
By Jeremy Herb - 02/20/13 11:16 AM ET
The Pentagon notified Congress on Wednesday it will be furloughing its civilian workforce of 800,000 employees if sequestration goes into effect March 1.
The real question is why do we have 800,000 civilian employees in the DOD?

Do we really need 1 civilian employee for every 2 active duty members?

Really?

I'd say fire half of them instead. At $75k average salary that would save the military $25+ BILLION per year; more than half the sequestration cuts.

And it would STILL leave 1 civilian employee for every 4 active duty members.

Talk about bloated government waste......
WhoKnows

Gaithersburg, MD

#101 Feb 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Democrats don't have a viable candidate in 2016. Hillary will be disgraced for her cover up of Obama's dereliction on Bangazi, and everyone knows Biden is an old drunk. Who else can they field?
Hillary?
Please, how many people would stand out in the cold and vote for that old white hag? not many Dems. can not be serious to think that people will turn out to vote for her in spite of getting some freebies.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#102 Feb 20, 2013
WhoKnows wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary?
Please, how many people would stand out in the cold and vote for that old white hag? not many Dems. can not be serious to think that people will turn out to vote for her in spite of getting some freebies.
If she runs the White House is hers. Even most GOPasaur strategists admit this, which is why they are a)- hoping she won't run, and b)- pissing their pants at the very thought of it. They know there isn't a GOPasur they can put up against her and hate the thought of having to wait until 2024 for another reasonable shot at the White House. Thought that will give them the chance to retool and rebrand the party.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... 10 min Taxpayer for years 78
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min Agents of Corruption 256,376
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 22 min Here Is One 423
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 39 min Here Is One 168
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 1 hr betrayed 219
In the last 6 months, 37,477 illegal immigrant ... 1 hr betrayed 9
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr johnny belinda 135,523
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••