Paul: '16 voters ready for Libertarian

There are 167 comments on the Politico story from Feb 17, 2013, titled Paul: '16 voters ready for Libertarian. In it, Politico reports that:

Sen. Rand Paul says he'll wait until 2014 to decide whether to run for president, but he believes voters are ready for a Libertarian-minded Republican candidate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#63 Feb 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts consistently rule otherwise.
Courts have been wrong every time. I dont benefit from welfare do you? General welfare means we all benefit from it...It only cost me tax money.

Now your againt the Post Office...Now that acually benefits us all. That is one thing the Constitution is meant to do. Like roads and schools and bridges and public works facilities.

Only the to lazy to work or unable to work benefit from welfare or like programs. THAT IS NOT FOR US ALL.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#64 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Courts have been wrong every time. I dont benefit from welfare do you? General welfare means we all benefit from it...It only cost me tax money.
Now your againt the Post Office...Now that acually benefits us all. That is one thing the Constitution is meant to do. Like roads and schools and bridges and public works facilities.
Only the to lazy to work or unable to work benefit from welfare or like programs. THAT IS NOT FOR US ALL.
Your interpretation of "general welfare" is as fuzzy as your uderstanding of the Constitution. There are those of us whose general welfare has been provided for, and others who have been left out. Yes, general welfare does mean we should all benefit from it. In the current state of affairs, some do and some don't.
You are skating on thin philosophical ice, my friend.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#65 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You benefit when your fellow citizens benefit.

Without welfare programs many more would turn to crime which obviously harms us all.

Since the court's opinion is the only one which matters, you'll just have to keep crying about it.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#66 Feb 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your interpretation of "general welfare" is as fuzzy as your uderstanding of the Constitution. There are those of us whose general welfare has been provided for, and others who have been left out. Yes, general welfare does mean we should all benefit from it. In the current state of affairs, some do and some don't.
You are skating on thin philosophical ice, my friend.
How is that??? How do I benefit from paying for others to lay around??? The ice you are on is melted and now is water.

Like I have said we are here now and should nto get rid of or cut off welfare and food stamps and such. It would cause chaos that would cost us twice as much to deal with. Just saying never should have started.

As much as I hate the social programs if I had to vote to end or keep I would vote keep. I woudl however like to vote to fix and cut out the generational welfare BS of lazy people. KEEP IT FOR NEED ONLY NOT WANT,

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#67 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Adolf Hitler and Lenin/Stalin had the same views as you. Did you know the quote "He who does not work, neither shall he eat" comes from Lenin himself?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#68 Feb 18, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Adolf Hitler and Lenin/Stalin had the same views as you. Did you know the quote "He who does not work, neither shall he eat" comes from Lenin himself?
I am all for those who are sick or old or unable to find work given a hand UP....NOT HANDOUTS....Re-educate these people get them set up in a job. But give them freebies so they neverw ant again is bad diea from the start. Should have alwyas been a you need help ok go pick up trash or sweep sidewalks or paint or mow lawn or something for the tax payers who supprt you.

Level 7

Location hidden

#69 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that??? How do I benefit from paying for others to lay around??? The ice you are on is melted and now is water.
Like I have said we are here now and should nto get rid of or cut off welfare and food stamps and such. It would cause chaos that would cost us twice as much to deal with. Just saying never should have started.
As much as I hate the social programs if I had to vote to end or keep I would vote keep. I woudl however like to vote to fix and cut out the generational welfare BS of lazy people. KEEP IT FOR NEED ONLY NOT WANT,
You seem stuck in the wingnut-fed falsehood that those who are elderly, poor, and often starving are "laying around". Perhaps you've listened too much to the likes of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, or even Mitt the twit Romney, all of whom had delusions of victory by playing the "lazy" card. They lost because the idea was a lie, and most people knew it.

Now maybe the above has nothing to do with your belief system. Judging from your comments, you seem simply to believe that caring for the well-being of others is just not your responsibility or obligation. Fair enough, but not in a democracy with a social compact.

For these reasons, I see your Libertarianism as the stepchild of Naziism, and something I pray never takes hold in this coutry.

Level 2

Hypoluxo Fl

#70 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
And again us TRUE conservatives will have to vote Libertarian. Until the GOp puts up a conservative we have no choice.
You did vote for Gary Johnson, now didn't you?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#71 Feb 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You seem stuck in the wingnut-fed falsehood that those who are elderly, poor, and often starving are "laying around". Perhaps you've listened too much to the likes of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, or even Mitt the twit Romney, all of whom had delusions of victory by playing the "lazy" card. They lost because the idea was a lie, and most people knew it.
Now maybe the above has nothing to do with your belief system. Judging from your comments, you seem simply to believe that caring for the well-being of others is just not your responsibility or obligation. Fair enough, but not in a democracy with a social compact.
For these reasons, I see your Libertarianism as the stepchild of Naziism, and something I pray never takes hold in this coutry.
IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM TO CARE FOR OTHERS.,......that is there life got care for....It is easy for those of you laying around on my dime.

Try having over half of what you make taken from you so others can lay around watch TV and text message...SUCKS
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#72 Feb 18, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You did vote for Gary Johnson, now didn't you?
Yes I did...

Level 7

Location hidden

#73 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM TO CARE FOR OTHERS.,......that is there life got care for....It is easy for those of you laying around on my dime.
Try having over half of what you make taken from you so others can lay around watch TV and text message...SUCKS
I'm glad you agree with my assessment of you.

I think I can safely say I pay more in taxes than you do. Few of us enjoy paying taxes. Some of it goes to supporting things I'm strongly opposed to. But I consider it my cost for living in a relatively civilized society.

In a way, I envy you. If I had your view of life, I don't think I'd sleep very well.

Level 2

Hypoluxo Fl

#74 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exactly where did you learn all that tolerance and compassion?
wellie

New York, NY

#75 Feb 18, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^ STATIST DOLT ^^^^^^^^^^^^
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#76 Feb 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you agree with my assessment of you.
I think I can safely say I pay more in taxes than you do. Few of us enjoy paying taxes. Some of it goes to supporting things I'm strongly opposed to. But I consider it my cost for living in a relatively civilized society.
In a way, I envy you. If I had your view of life, I don't think I'd sleep very well.
this year in Federal taxes alone I paid in $234,000...Just Federal. My state and local was that much again....I dont mind paying taxes for good schools and roads and safety like cops and firemen and our military(for defense). Dont like paying so generation after generation can live free and clear.

What spending do you oppose your taxes going to..?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77 Feb 18, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Just exactly where did you learn all that tolerance and compassion?
I am very tolerant...I am all for same sex marriage and women getting abortions if they want. I love all races and religion of people. Just dont think generational welfare is good idea. I am for a hand UP not hand OUT...

Level 7

Location hidden

#78 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
this year in Federal taxes alone I paid in $234,000...Just Federal. My state and local was that much again....I dont mind paying taxes for good schools and roads and safety like cops and firemen and our military(for defense). Dont like paying so generation after generation can live free and clear.
What spending do you oppose your taxes going to..?
First of all, what I said about my tax liability is still true, but it really doesn't matter. Stillm one would think that with your level of income, you could spare a few sheckels for those less fortunate than yourself.

As to your question about what I oppose my taxes going to, I'll mention just a few:
- corporate subsidies
- needless levels of military spending
- making up for the tax exemptions of religious institutions
- paying for wars, especially those begun under false pretenses
- paying the salary for any politician who supports discrimination against black and other ethnic groups, gay rights, and other forms of bigotry
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#79 Feb 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, what I said about my tax liability is still true, but it really doesn't matter. Stillm one would think that with your level of income, you could spare a few sheckels for those less fortunate than yourself.
As to your question about what I oppose my taxes going to, I'll mention just a few:
- corporate subsidies
- needless levels of military spending
- making up for the tax exemptions of religious institutions
- paying for wars, especially those begun under false pretenses
- paying the salary for any politician who supports discrimination against black and other ethnic groups, gay rights, and other forms of bigotry
I agree on every thing you post not wanting taxes going to...

I would rather give to a charity to help people then wlefare so lazy people can scam system. Would rather welfare be a work for it program. sweep and mow and pick up trahs do something anything contribute somehow.
Billy Ringo

Rego Park, NY

#80 Feb 18, 2013
This Paul kid is as dumb as his old man.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81 Feb 18, 2013
Are they going to have the same platform of ideas that were proven to not work before RON Paul was born? that worked so well last time...

Level 2

Hypoluxo Fl

#82 Feb 18, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very tolerant...I am all for same sex marriage and women getting abortions if they want. I love all races and religion of people. Just dont think generational welfare is good idea. I am for a hand UP not hand OUT...
OK. What is your definition of a hand UP?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three immigration bills to watch at the Nevada ... 20 min MrVegas 2
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 28 min Earl 33
News New York Times Says "End [Illegal] Immigration ... 42 min tomin cali 1
News Study: Guest-Workers Paid As Poorly As Undocume... 46 min tomin cali 1
News After Jobs Act, Case turns focus to immigration (Apr '12) 50 min spmc1973666 24
News On H1B Visas: Scott Walker Will Fight For Ameri... 1 hr yup 5
News Christie: I've changed immigration position 2 hr Who guessed it 11
More from around the web