Civil rights and immigration history ...

Civil rights and immigration history connected

There are 25 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Aug 26, 2013, titled Civil rights and immigration history connected. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Now, as the crowds come together to mark the 50th anniversary of that seminal event in the civil rights movement, those issues have been joined by others, including one, immigration reform, that wasn't nearly on the political radar then like it is today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obviously

Newport News, VA

#26 Aug 28, 2013
How and why are people who are in a country illegally granted the rights which were paid for by its legal citizens with their sweat and BLOOD. Way to flea your own cesspool of a country...instead of making demands there.....to a country where you can ride on the coattails of those who paved the way. They have not EARNED those rights. If they want to immigrate to the US fine...by all means. Do it legally. Then there should be a waiting period for any sort of gov benefit. You shouldn't be able to walk into to a country illegally and start demanding freebies. Can you do that in Mexico...Korea....China...ANYW HERE??? We're doomed.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27 Aug 28, 2013
Obviously wrote:
How and why are people who are in a country illegally granted the rights which were paid for by its legal citizens with their sweat and BLOOD. Way to flea your own cesspool of a country...instead of making demands there.....to a country where you can ride on the coattails of those who paved the way. They have not EARNED those rights. If they want to immigrate to the US fine...by all means. Do it legally. Then there should be a waiting period for any sort of gov benefit. You shouldn't be able to walk into to a country illegally and start demanding freebies. Can you do that in Mexico...Korea....China...ANYW HERE??? We're doomed.
We aren't like other Countries. We have our Constitution that covers all within our borders. So yes they do have certain rights when they are here.
Americans have fought and died to give our own as well as others here those rights.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#28 Aug 28, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> Mexico shows no mercy to central and South Americans.once they catch them,they deport them.can you imagine illegal aliens from central and South America demanding Mexican citizenship?They would probably have Los zetas chop thier heads off
So how long did you live in Mexico? You would have had to in order to learn how Mexico deals with southern intrusion.
NYM8387

United States

#29 Aug 28, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>So how long did you live in Mexico? You would have had to in order to learn how Mexico deals with southern intrusion.
You don't need to live in Mexico to know how they enforce their LAWS.It's a known fact that they deport illegals,no chance of amnesty.I watch the news,talk to people and read facts like Mexican immigration laws. Try your best to think things through before posting.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#31 Aug 29, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> You don't need to live in Mexico to know how they enforce their LAWS.It's a known fact that they deport illegals,no chance of amnesty.I watch the news,talk to people and read facts like Mexican immigration laws. Try your best to think things through before posting.
Well I did live in Mexico so I have some first hand experience with their immigration laws as well as their deportation tactics.
Most that come from south of the border aren't deported. If they did deport them we wouldn't be having the big problems with them coming here. I also know of some that didn't go on to USA but stayed in Mexico...no papers.
You don't have to be so condescending I do think prior to posting. I just happen to know something regarding this issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr D Valens 138,683
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 4 hr serfs up 33
News Obama Administration Released 156 Criminal Alie... 7 hr ronnie 3
News Washington Week: In Election Year, Congress Unl... (Feb '14) 7 hr red and right 49
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 9 hr Prep-for-Dep 107
News Is Illegal Immigration Behind Soaring U.S. Murd... 13 hr tomin cali 1
News Trump platform: Because I said so 13 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web