Civil rights and immigration history connected

Aug 26, 2013 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 25

Now, as the crowds come together to mark the 50th anniversary of that seminal event in the civil rights movement, those issues have been joined by others, including one, immigration reform, that wasn't nearly on the political radar then like it is today.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cracker

Festus, MO

#2 Aug 26, 2013
Bullsh_t ... Quit breaking our laws, CRIMINALS !
This is why the ONLY good illegal aliens are DEAD illegal aliens !
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 26, 2013
sitting bull
chief of sioux who demolished custer and escaped after the battle of little big horn
http://quizlet.com/1015592/chapter-26-history...

Indians defeat Custer at Little Big Horn

Determined to resist the efforts of the U.S. Army to force them onto reservations, Indians under the leadership of Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse wipe out Lieutenant Colonel George Custer and much of his 7th Cavalry at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/in...

"one little two little three little whiteys" That shit pisses you off to eh?
Comedian: Charlie Hill
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments...

HA-ha!

signature laugh of Nelson, a character from The Simpsons
http://writtensound.com/index.php...
bob lewis

AOL

#4 Aug 26, 2013
We must surrender to the Illegals demands. We willingly elected Open Borders Obamacrats and Must surrender our sovereignty to the Obama people. Majority rules and 51% voted Anti Law and Order/Pro Obama. The voting majority Won. America Lost.

“i hope we can change this!”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Aug 26, 2013
like hell they are!

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 26, 2013
bob lewis wrote:
We must surrender to the Illegals demands. We willingly elected Open Borders Obamacrats and Must surrender our sovereignty to the Obama people. Majority rules and 51% voted Anti Law and Order/Pro Obama. The voting majority Won. America Lost.
That's a bit melodramatic bob.
Immigration reform is something that the Government does do upon occasion. This reform is taking into account many issues that need to be fixed.
Border security
documentation of illegals
work authorization verification
monitoring of visitors and other short term immigrants.
Those and more things need to be addressed and fixed. If they do it right this time it should take care of the biggest part of the problem.
NYM8387

United States

#7 Aug 26, 2013
How pathetic and insulting.illegal aliens hate black people more than the kkk.
NYM8387

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's a bit melodramatic bob.
Immigration reform is something that the Government does do upon occasion. This reform is taking into account many issues that need to be fixed.
Border security
documentation of illegals
work authorization verification
monitoring of visitors and other short term immigrants.
Those and more things need to be addressed and fixed. If they do it right this time it should take care of the biggest part of the problem.
But clarifying birthright citizenship and changing the first time illegal entry or over staying a visa from a civil offense to a felony are things that can't be discussed in any reform because that would be wrong and racist,right?
Lucifer

Baltimore, MD

#11 Aug 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
How pathetic and insulting.illegal aliens hate black people more than the kkk.
Remember the Alamo.

But I do agree, we need to open up a few detention camps, civil rights
and immergration do not share the same history.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Aug 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> But clarifying birthright citizenship and changing the first time illegal entry or over staying a visa from a civil offense to a felony are things that can't be discussed in any reform because that would be wrong and racist,right?
Birthright citizenship is a Constitutional matter and would require an amendment to the Constitution to change it.
You should be thankful that first time illegal entry and over staying ones visa is only a civil offense. Had it been a felony then President Obama could just pardon them all. I don't think his pardon ability takes in civil offenses.
Look I want our borders controlled and that illegal entry is a thing of the past. But remember that it will never be controlled to the point that no one can come in. Even the Berlin Wall didn't keep everyone in and it had the wall along with armed machine guns that they used to shoot anyone that tried.
Getting our laws right where they can't come to work because there would be no work for them will keep the majority from even trying to come in. By that I'm referring to e-verify.
Immigration reform is needed and it won't go through unless those against and those for legalization each give a bit to get the stop of illegal immigration.
NYM8387

United States

#13 Aug 26, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Birthright citizenship is a Constitutional matter and would require an amendment to the Constitution to change it.
You should be thankful that first time illegal entry and over staying ones visa is only a civil offense. Had it been a felony then President Obama could just pardon them all. I don't think his pardon ability takes in civil offenses.
Look I want our borders controlled and that illegal entry is a thing of the past. But remember that it will never be controlled to the point that no one can come in. Even the Berlin Wall didn't keep everyone in and it had the wall along with armed machine guns that they used to shoot anyone that tried.
Getting our laws right where they can't come to work because there would be no work for them will keep the majority from even trying to come in. By that I'm referring to e-verify.
Immigration reform is needed and it won't go through unless those against and those for legalization each give a bit to get the stop of illegal immigration.
like I said,birthright citizenship needs to be clarified not amended.If only the suprem court would do thier jobs properly,this wouldn't even be a discussion.Im 100% against building a wall when we can just pass mandatory e-verify now without some stupid reform.only a fool would think that it's impossible to remove all illegal aliens or at least the vast majority.Mexico does it with easy and they don't have a quarter of our resources.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#16 Aug 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text>like I said,birthright citizenship needs to be clarified not amended.If only the suprem court would do thier jobs properly,this wouldn't even be a discussion.Im 100% against building a wall when we can just pass mandatory e-verify now without some stupid reform.only a fool would think that it's impossible to remove all illegal aliens or at least the vast majority.Mexico does it with easy and they don't have a quarter of our resources.
If Mexico removes illegals so easily then why do they have 1000's coming across there southern borders? You're simply wrong about a lot of this.
Sure e-verify will be very helpful but you won't get that passed without the legalization of those already here. Should we just continue to wait as we have for the last 6?yrs. I don't think so.
As to the birthright clause in the Constitution I believe that you're wrong about that as well. But time will tell on that one.
Dr Pepper

Noblesville, IN

#17 Aug 26, 2013
3Amnesty to 2U all!
author,

the Emper!;-000000

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Aug 26, 2013
Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the Alamo.
But I do agree, we need to open up a few detention camps, civil rights
and immergration do not share the same history.
"immergration", huh? I give you Lucifer, the speller from Hell.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#19 Aug 26, 2013
Comparing Black Americans with Illegal Alien invaders is really insulting to Blacks. Democrats comparing the two groups would be taking a BIG risk if Blacks were smart enough to be paying attention.

For you racists out there at least the negative impact on Blacks by the Illegal masses is far greater than on any other group of Americans.
NYM8387

United States

#20 Aug 26, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>If Mexico removes illegals so easily then why do they have 1000's coming across there southern borders? You're simply wrong about a lot of this.
Sure e-verify will be very helpful but you won't get that passed without the legalization of those already here. Should we just continue to wait as we have for the last 6?yrs. I don't think so.
As to the birthright clause in the Constitution I believe that you're wrong about that as well. But time will tell on that one.
exactly,only thousands get across and that's only because thier destination is the u.s. if immigrants from central and South America chosed Mexico as thier destination,they wouldn't last.Try to think a bit harder before you reply.You disagree with me on birthright citizenship,but then you say time will tell.It's almost as if you want to agree with me but your bleeding heart won't let you.clarifying birthright citizenship(not amending)should be part of any reform that puts the intrest of the American people first.
NYM8387

United States

#21 Aug 26, 2013
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> speak for your self. Racist sob..
Racial cleansing has been going on in predominant Mexican American/illegal alien neighborhoods for as long as I can remember.I know you pro amnesty morons would do alot of things to promote your cause(aka la reconquista)but this is beyond insulting to AA community and many Americans who believe in the words of Dr.king

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#22 Aug 27, 2013
Dane Thorsen wrote:
Comparing Black Americans with Illegal Alien invaders is really insulting to Blacks. Democrats comparing the two groups would be taking a BIG risk if Blacks were smart enough to be paying attention.
For you racists out there at least the negative impact on Blacks by the Illegal masses is far greater than on any other group of Americans.
"the two groups would be taking a BIG risk if Blacks were smart enough to be paying attention."

"If blacks were smart enough" What makes you think that they might not be "smart enough"?

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23 Aug 27, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> exactly,only thousands get across and that's only because thier destination is the u.s. if immigrants from central and South America chosed Mexico as thier destination,they wouldn't last.Try to think a bit harder before you reply.You disagree with me on birthright citizenship,but then you say time will tell.It's almost as if you want to agree with me but your bleeding heart won't let you.clarifying birthright citizenship(not amending)should be part of any reform that puts the intrest of the American people first.
I hope you realize that number thousands is on a regular basis and not the total that crossed Mexican borders. Now Mexico does stop and catch a lot of those border crossers but they can't get them all.
Yes I do disagree with you about birthright citizenship. I said that time will tell who is right on the issue because it isn't up to you or me to determine the final outcome. That will come from the courts.
Oh just for your information some of those that come from Mexicos southern borders don't make it to America and end up staying in Mexico as an illegal.
After sixty years

Hondo, NM

#24 Aug 27, 2013
And
GIVEN every free lunch,
Front of the bus and front of the line,
Still living in squalor and being stupid....

Meanwhile, NAACP President Ben Jealous said Monday his organization collected petitions with more than 1.7 million signatures calling for charges to be filed against Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights.....

And still unable to think like an
American,
NYM8387

Marcus Hook, PA

#25 Aug 27, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you realize that number thousands is on a regular basis and not the total that crossed Mexican borders. Now Mexico does stop and catch a lot of those border crossers but they can't get them all.
Yes I do disagree with you about birthright citizenship. I said that time will tell who is right on the issue because it isn't up to you or me to determine the final outcome. That will come from the courts.
Oh just for your information some of those that come from Mexicos southern borders don't make it to America and end up staying in Mexico as an illegal.
Mexico shows no mercy to central and South Americans.once they catch them,they deport them.can you imagine illegal aliens from central and South America demanding Mexican citizenship?They would probably have Los zetas chop thier heads off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 21 min anne bonny 136,507
10 Questions for Eric Holder's Replacement as A... 30 min El oh El 4
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 48 min TeaBagging for Am... 127
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 1 hr CorruptedMedia 511
Native Americans say "Mexicans are Indians, too" (Feb '08) 2 hr Guess Who 2,394
Obama admin. to allow thousands of Haitians int... 3 hr barefoot2626 64
Trailer manufacturing company and owner convict... (Jul '11) 3 hr cancer suxs 21

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE