Fernando Garcia bridges the gap betwe...

Fernando Garcia bridges the gap between residents and law enforcers in El Paso, Texas

There are 27 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Mar 21, 2014, titled Fernando Garcia bridges the gap between residents and law enforcers in El Paso, Texas. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Fernando Garcia, director of the Border Network for Human Rights in El Paso, Texas, stands in front of the US-Mexican border fence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#1 Mar 21, 2014
We say we believe in second chances; that a person who has committed a crime and served their sentence has paid his debt to society.

We say we believe in a criminal-justice system that not only punishes but also rehabilitates.

We say we welcome ex-offenders back into our communities after they have completed their sentences. But for most ex-offenders, there is little hope of rejoining society.

In Texas, more and more employers refuse to consider hiring a person convicted of a criminal offense. Unfortunately, many employers tend to classify all ex-offenders as a risk and, therefore, choose not to hire any. They won't even interview them.

If we really believe in rehabilitation, let's offer these people the chance to move on with their lives. Otherwise, we should drop the mask and just admit that once tainted, a person is forever soiled.
Reality

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 21, 2014
As long as this recession continues and we have double digit unemployment employers have so many unemployed people to chose from it is no wonder they do not take a risk on person with a criminal record who has proven themselves dishonest.
SJM

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 21, 2014
Commit JWRussell wrote:
"We?" It looks like that cockroach that petro used to carry around in his pocket has migrated to JWRussell USNR, or else Russell has found a similar one.
Neither of these two will ever speak for anyone except themselves and their alter egos and the schizophrenic voices they hear in their heads.
Ex cons are dumb criminals that got caught. Don’t give them a job. Let them drift to the gutters of Skid Row where they belong. And Deport Mexican illegals back to Mexico
Save the jobs for the clean, law-abiding, young people who deserve them. They are America's future . They don't want a "second" chance; they want a "first" chance. Don't make our young, job-seekers cynical by rewarding criminals and illegal aliens. It;s time for the insanity to stop. The Government needs to crawl out of that Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole and crawl back to reality..
Good point. I especially like your idea about the rabbit hole. My wife actually refers to her bung as the rabbit hole, since it is opposite her beaver hole. Most women only take it in one of those places but my wife lets her boyfriend Sven drill her in both holes, which is why I love her. Great post.
Smedley Jerome Mayhew

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 21, 2014
Commit JWRussell wrote:
"We?" It looks like that cockroach that petro used to carry around in his pocket has migrated to JWRussell USNR, or else Russell has found a similar one.
Neither of these two will ever speak for anyone except themselves and their alter egos and the schizophrenic voices they hear in their heads.
Ex cons are dumb criminals that got caught. Don’t give them a job. Let them drift to the gutters of Skid Row where they belong. And Deport Mexican illegals back to Mexico
Save the jobs for the clean, law-abiding, young people who deserve them. They are America's future . They don't want a "second" chance; they want a "first" chance. Don't make our young, job-seekers cynical by rewarding criminals and illegal aliens. It;s time for the insanity to stop. The Government needs to crawl out of that Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole and crawl back to reality..
Pwned
E verify

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 21, 2014
The is no room innAMERICA for defiant law breakers.

The line jumping criminal illegal cannot be rewarded for illegal behavior.

Business calls for INTEGRITY, compliance with laws.

Deport the law breaker, PERIOD.

NO Amnesty

NO Benefits,

NADA
Eastside Central Dave

El Paso, TX

#7 Mar 21, 2014
No Verify within 50 miles of the border. 50 miles should be a verify free zone. That's a good business decision. Obviously the poster above is not a natural to the southwest, but might be a dirty transit from ft bliss, so pay no attention to him Beto.
El_OJ Cupan Vergotas

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 21, 2014
And so does his father!
Level 5

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 21, 2014
Eastside Central Dave wrote:
No Verify within 50 miles of the border. 50 miles should be a verify free zone. That's a good business decision. Obviously the poster above is not a natural to the southwest, but might be a dirty transit from ft bliss, so pay no attention to him Beto.
Of course you'd say that, you need the gardener to keep up your small yard and the maid/nanny to take care of your kids.
Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Mar 21, 2014
And to call US soldiers 'dirty transits'? they should round you up and ship you to GITMO, freekin' loser.
Eastside Central Dave

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 21, 2014
El_OJ Cupan Vergotas wrote:
And so does his father!
Why don't you say it to the Great oJ,s face when he is around? Are you scared he'll make you cry.
Eastside Central Dave

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 21, 2014
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
And to call US soldiers 'dirty transits'? they should round you up and ship you to GITMO, freekin' loser.
I wasn't talking about them
Level 5

Location hidden

#13 Mar 21, 2014
"a dirty transit from Ft. Bliss". Who else would be "from Ft. Bliss" but soldiers?
NO TRESPASSING

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Mar 22, 2014
When criminals cross the line illegally,
A bounty ought to be paid for their apprehension.

No AMNESTY.

NADA

and the smugglers, they need the same...

These dirt balls thrive when good folks do nothing.

In recent weeks smugglers in the region have been getting nailed by angry residents and BP has been picking them off..

Lol. With every apprehension, gets a felony conviction and deportation.

And if there is an attempted re entry, It gets better.

No AMNESTY
American for America

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Mar 22, 2014
Ya just don't get it do you fella?

It's called LAW, and it's best you get educated as to what it means.

There is a right way to enter, comply.

Those choosing to trespass and begin the wrong way.....
American for America

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Mar 22, 2014
You must be one of those cowards who ran away from their homeland rather than fight for it.
On point

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Mar 22, 2014
Lawbreakers need punishment.

On point!
Eastside Central Dave

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 22, 2014
<quoted text>
I did burn my draft card and went into exile during nam. That took more guts than anyone who just did what they were told.besides ypur off topic.
Sorry I meant to say I burnt my *Bra*!
SJM

El Paso, TX

#22 Mar 22, 2014
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.the draft ended in 1972. Since you are mentally 13 and 20 years behind your physical age, that would put you at 33. You were not even born when there was a draft.
You did try to enlist back in the early 2000s and they rejected you for homosexual tendencies, chronic traffic law violations, raps for illegal drugs and general antisocial behavior. That is the reason you are bitter. You are nothing, a nobody, and everyone can see through you you fifthly, lying truck stop tranny, DC Dave. No, nobody is after your balsac because since you have no balls you'd have no use for a balsac, and you've been so notified before.
I burned my buns one time at the beach because I was wearing a thong. My balls were unscathed, however, because the banana hammock protects them nicely. But my butt cheeks were red as a beet.
Pay your way

El Paso, TX

#24 Mar 22, 2014
American for America wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of those cowards who ran away from their homeland rather than fight for it.
The only running I've done is to sign up for my free medical care now that the ACA is working. The web site was a charm and having my own insurance is a dream come true. I even had my first test and shipment of pills free of charge. So we all should run to sign up before the end of the month.
Petro

El Paso, TX

#26 Mar 22, 2014
I know Petro and DC Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do not know me.
DC Dave and Petro are both illegal aliens. They both were raised here by illegal alien parents that were too lazy and too cheap to get all their families legalized when they had a chance. The parents may have also been discouraged by the criminal records of Petro and DC Dave and did not want them deported, so they just stayed home and did not legalize any of the family. Both illegals have obtained some false documents. Naturally they are against any kind of border control. They cannot now apply for benefits because it means they would be fingerprinted, and then their criminal records and their illegal status would be exposed. When they got their first criminal cases, they willingly admitted they were here illegally, because that meant being tossed back across the border in lieu of being put in the slammer and fed and billeted by the Government at the taxpayers' expense. Like all the rest, they probably spent less that two days in Mexico each time they got caught by the immigration, because if they get caught stealing in Mexico they will be sent to jail and fed bread and water for years. Therefore they had to get back over here quickly. They will eventually be discovered, by ICE but they are racing against time, hoping that Obama will .grant not only an immigration amnesty, but a criminal one as well or else destroy all identity records, including his own and make that socially acceptable.; That is not likely to happen. Those two won't make the headlines when they are being deported because both are a couple of insignificant dip-schit nothings. However, they will always be with us no matter how many times they get caught. They do NOT want to go back to that cesspool of filth and crime and they will keep coming back because life in jail here is better than living free in Mexico, and that freedom would be brief when they get caught in crime in Mexico. Both are too dumb to ingratiate themselves with the professional criminal cartels in Juarez, so being just two more American parasite is really the only option for losers like them.
Jealous much, Mayhew? Your constant need to criticize and belittle opens a window into your psyche which is quite revealing. You're obviously compensating for the fact that your wife now cockolds you and you feel like a worthless man. You should loosen up, however. Taking it up the butt doesn't necessarily mean you are gay, although you probably are. In the meantime, keep entertaining us with your desperate rants as they are quite humorous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Surgit Tempestas 7,925
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 23 min Dee Dee Dee 14
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr abc 10,944
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 78
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Just Slim 142,252
News The great Mexican wall deception: Trump's Ameri... 8 hr Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Lawsuit opens new front in Obama immigration le... 8 hr Wildchild 6
More from around the web