Cantor exit raises Wall Street fears ...

Cantor exit raises Wall Street fears of renewed debt fight

There are 41 comments on the Reuters story from Jun 11, 2014, titled Cantor exit raises Wall Street fears of renewed debt fight. In it, Reuters reports that:

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor's shocking defeat isn't likely to have much effect on U.S. financial markets -- unless his departure emboldens Tea Party Republicans to again threaten a government shut-down over the debt ceiling next year, investment strategists said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#23 Jun 12, 2014
You won't be doing much laughing Captain. Let not your heart be troubled, the future is brighter then it has been in years. People are disregarding polls, and t v ads, and going to rallies, and talking to others like they did eons ago. They know what they want, and they are looking for candidates that agree with them on taxes, immigration, the Keystone project. They have people like the Koch brothers who will help them restore America's greatness. Life is good.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Pool the Stream and Sea

#24 Jun 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
People in the TEA group, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike voted for Brat. Ann Coulter had fundraisers for him. He will win in November, and he will be greeted by many new Republican, and Democrat faces that replaced the corrupt, lawless current bunch of corrupt politicians. They will but a stop to any immigration Amnesty, and they will begin preparing for a new President in 2016.
Tell me if I'm wrong but, wasn't this a primary election? How are you laying claims that anyone from any other party BUT a registered member of the Republican parties seventh district cast a vote for a Republican candidate.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#25 Jun 12, 2014
11 States have cross over voters. Meaning you can declare whatever party you wish to vote for on primary day. Democrats wanted to choose a candidate they could beat in November, as it turns out they can't beat Brat either.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Level 2

Pool the Stream and Sea

#26 Jun 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
11 States have cross over voters. Meaning you can declare whatever party you wish to vote for on primary day. Democrats wanted to choose a candidate they could beat in November, as it turns out they can't beat Brat either.
I apologize... I didn't realize Virgina was a crossover state. This says that it wasn't the Democratic vote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Both Brat and his opponent Trammell are professors at the same liberal arts school. Both are theologists. Both majored in economics. Why do you feel the Democrats needed to oust Cantor in the primary? To insure the loss of Republican turnout in the fall? Or isn't Brat the Tea party candidate even though he (Brat) never once said he was.
spud

Quarryville, PA

#27 Jun 13, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so funny that blinkered Righties like you think that tearing apart your OWN party is the same as tearing down "liberals." You forget you're only the 27%ers, clown. MOST Americans don't agree with you and don't WANT your wackjobs running things.
Screw QE and Wall Street that are destroying the value of our dollar. Screw politicians that think printing money can fix our broken economy. Screw politicians that think granting amnesty or raising legal immigration quotas will help create jobs or increase wages. Hogwash. This was a big win for the American people over the establishment forces that are destroying our middle class. Both parties suck but this is a step in the right direction for the Rs.

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#28 Jun 13, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Americans,blah blah blah (bullsh1t editted out) but most Americans don't want the American Taliban running the country.
You are correct. We've had enough of the lying Muslim buck passer in Chief screwing up the country. A review of his tenure shows failure followed by debacle followed by scandal...... ad nauseum. History will not be kind to Obama's legacy. He makes Nixon look honest and Carter competent. There are no words in the English language to describe the man.... But good foriegn one is lowsheckie..... THAT covers the gist of the incredibly incompetent foulball dipweed we've been stuck with because people got stupid a couple of times.

“Hello Trump”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#29 Jun 13, 2014
Fishy Face wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize... I didn't realize Virgina was a crossover state. This says that it wasn't the Democratic vote.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Both Brat and his opponent Trammell are professors at the same liberal arts school. Both are theologists. Both majored in economics. Why do you feel the Democrats needed to oust Cantor in the primary? To insure the loss of Republican turnout in the fall? Or isn't Brat the Tea party candidate even though he (Brat) never once said he was.
Reports have it that Trammel teaches Sociology and I believe Philosophy.
Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30 Jun 13, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
You won't be doing much laughing Captain. Let not your heart be troubled, the future is brighter then it has been in years. People are disregarding polls, and t v ads, and going to rallies, and talking to others like they did eons ago. They know what they want, and they are looking for candidates that agree with them on taxes, immigration, the Keystone project. They have people like the Koch brothers who will help them restore America's greatness. Life is good.
Life was always good until Democrats try and ruin it. i.e. Jimmah Carter. Barack O'dopeface.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#31 Jun 13, 2014
Re immigration:

Of those who voted for Cantor’s primary challenger David Brat in Tuesday’s Virginia primary, said the poll, just 22% cited immigration as the main reason for their vote. A total of 77% cited other factors such as Cantor’s perceived focus on “national politics instead of local needs” and a belief he had “lost touch with voters.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) soundly defeated his primary competition despite his support of comprehensive immigration reform.

http://time.com/2865278/poll-immigration-not-...

“Seems fishy to me!”

Level 2

Pool the Stream and Sea

#32 Jun 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Reports have it that Trammel teaches Sociology and I believe Philosophy.
You are correct in what Trammel teaches
http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/06/rate-...
spud

Quarryville, PA

#33 Jun 13, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
Re immigration:
Of those who voted for Cantor’s primary challenger David Brat in Tuesday’s Virginia primary, said the poll, just 22% cited immigration as the main reason for their vote. A total of 77% cited other factors such as Cantor’s perceived focus on “national politics instead of local needs” and a belief he had “lost touch with voters.”
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) soundly defeated his primary competition despite his support of comprehensive immigration reform.
http://time.com/2865278/poll-immigration-not-...
Why are we so obsessed with these bogus polls? The polls said that Cantor had a 30 point lead and he lost by 11. That's a big swing. Polls are only tools to be used by parties, People who believe polls are being manipulated. Come on R, you're way smarter than that.
Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34 Jun 13, 2014
Brat has pooped right on Obama's little Parade.
spud

Quarryville, PA

#35 Jun 13, 2014
Brat has given hope to ALL Americans. I hope this trend continues
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#36 Jun 13, 2014
Dave Brat is certainly a hero to most Virginians.
barefoot2626

Colby, KS

#37 Jun 13, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
but most Americans don't want the American Taliban running the country.)
they are running it now,and we will be lucky they dont completely destroy whats left before we can get them out of office.
barefoot2626

Colby, KS

#38 Jun 13, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text> Come on R, you're way smarter than that.
not really
barefoot2626

Colby, KS

#39 Jun 13, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I do... I was LMFAO last night. This was great; the right is reeling and that makes my day.
does it also make your day when foster gives you a reach around?
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#40 Jun 14, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
When you don't get the Senate back and Dems elect Hillary in '16, we'll see if you still think life's so good, troll. LOL
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#41 Jun 14, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Dave Brat is certainly a hero to most Virginians.
Brat was elected to run for a seat by a tiny minority of Virginians, a minority even of Cantor's own DISTRICT. Teabaggers aren't doing well in most places; real Americans know they're wacko scumbags who shouldn't be running the country.

It's too important a job to be left to amateur cranks.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#42 Jun 14, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Brat has pooped right on Obama's little Parade.
LOL! By pushing Obama's biggest pain-in-the-arse out of office?

You dumbass, Obama's cheering this win, you can bet on it. Bet your lemonaide-stand money on it, freak.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 23 min Katrina 503
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 43 min spud 249
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr Katrina 11,289
News A San Francisco slaying that Trump used in ille... 1 hr Raydot 2
News Trump's border wall prototypes already being te... 3 hr tomin cali 1
News ICE Director Confirms Significant Increase in W... 7 hr josh 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 10 hr jimmy krack korn 147,615
More from around the web