Cantor exit raises Wall Street fears of renewed debt fight

Jun 11, 2014 Full story: Reuters 41

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor's shocking defeat isn't likely to have much effect on U.S. financial markets -- unless his departure emboldens Tea Party Republicans to again threaten a government shut-down over the debt ceiling next year, investment strategists said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Captain Yesterday's the Future”

Since: Oct 10

New New York

#1 Jun 11, 2014
He's one guy, get over it. His ambitions got the better of him, and he went down at the hands of someone he thought was on HIS side. I'm sure Johnny Boner isn't shedding any tears over this - unless they're tears of joy.

Backstabbing 'Baggers! No more Cantor! LOL

You've gotta love it....:)

“Historic American President”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Immigration Reformed!

#2 Jun 11, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
He's one guy, get over it. His ambitions got the better of him, and he went down at the hands of someone he thought was on HIS side. I'm sure Johnny Boner isn't shedding any tears over this - unless they're tears of joy.
Backstabbing 'Baggers! No more Cantor! LOL
You've gotta love it....:)
I do... I was LMFAO last night. This was great; the right is reeling and that makes my day.

New New York

#3 Jun 11, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I do... I was LMFAO last night. This was great; the right is reeling and that makes my day.
Like putting two angry weasels in a pit and watching them try to shred each other....LOL
Cat74

Gilberts, IL

#4 Jun 11, 2014
Right. Cantor is one guy. Get over it. You people are as clueless about your future as you were about some non descript College professor, with limited funds, and 6 month to do it in, dethroning the second in command in the House. It is not just the TEA people. It is people everywhere disgusted with Government over reach, frustrated with lawlessness, and corruption, deciding to go out and do something about it. This is just the beginning. By Christmas you will see new leadership everywhere, and Liberals banging their heads on the wall, asking themselves "What the hell happened" Life is good.

New New York

#5 Jun 11, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Right. Cantor is one guy. Get over it. You people are as clueless about your future as you were about some non descript College professor, with limited funds, and 6 month to do it in, dethroning the second in command in the House. It is not just the TEA people. It is people everywhere disgusted with Government over reach, frustrated with lawlessness, and corruption, deciding to go out and do something about it. This is just the beginning. By Christmas you will see new leadership everywhere, and Liberals banging their heads on the wall, asking themselves "What the hell happened" Life is good.
It's so funny that blinkered Righties like you think that tearing apart your OWN party is the same as tearing down "liberals." You forget you're only the 27%ers, clown. MOST Americans don't agree with you and don't WANT your wackjobs running things.
Cat74

Gilberts, IL

#6 Jun 11, 2014
Actually, with the disgruntled Democrats, Republicans, and Independents we can elect several House, and Senate members. It is Democrats that discarded their own people.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

#8 Jun 12, 2014
When I look at the modern GP platform I had friend translate some of it into German and replace Jew with Gay....SOUNDS THE SAME CRAP AS NAZI HITLER SAID...

The GOP far right is modern nazi party.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 12, 2014
Brat strikes a blow against the Big Government Bureaucrats.
This is a cause for all Americans to celebrate and Big Government(NAZIS FOR INSTANCE) democrats to be very afraid of.
Level 1

Location hidden

#10 Jun 12, 2014
"I am a minority of one" And I shall endure.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Jun 12, 2014
It is another good day for Americans to celebrate. The Democrats, and now Rand Paul want to grant criminals amnesty. That shall be their undoing. Throw the bums out in both parties. And today Obama is handing his muslim friends Iraq on a silver platter. What will the Republicans do about that? Nothing. They have to go as well. Replace all of them, and let the new people know they have 2 years, until the next election to deal with solutions or they can be replaced as well.
spud

Reading, PA

#12 Jun 12, 2014
Congratulations to the people who voted this self serving elitist out in spite of the fact that the media and all the big money was squarely behind him. Maybe this will enlighten all those buffoons who quote polls or believe the papers that quote them. Polls are mostly used to discourage potential voters who oppose the establishment. It's one of the major ways our media attempts to fix our elections. God bless you Virginians for standing up to the establishment.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#13 Jun 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
What will the Republicans do about that? Nothing..
There is a saying:

You can.t teach an old dog new tricks!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#14 Jun 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Right. Cantor is one guy. Get over it. d.
Looks like that "one guy" has the repubs scurrying around like cockroaches.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#16 Jun 12, 2014
There will be many election that stun the Party elites in both parties. Americans are looking for change, and if that means ignoring the T V ads, and just voting out the incumbent so be it. The lying, and the corruption from worthless politicians in both major parties has made Americans aware that the future of America might rest on replacing the whole lot of them. Then that shall be done.
Level 1

Location hidden

#17 Jun 12, 2014
"Out with the Incumbents and In with the outcumbents" I always say.
Panic in the WH. Amnesty now another Albatross around Obama's neck.
Panic ....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Jun 12, 2014
Obama's Muzzie Camelback is about 1 little straw from being broken.
What will be the tiny thing to do it?
Cuauhtemotzin

United States

#19 Jun 12, 2014
Did you see The Brat being interviewed by Chuck Todd? To call him clueless would be an insult to the clueless. Prediction: The Brat will be spanked by Democrat Jack Trammell come November. Resoundingly.
Cat74 wrote:
Cuauhtemotzin

United States

#20 Jun 12, 2014
In regards to the Rueter story: So, other words nobody really gives a shet that Cantor lost except Cantor. And the Tea Party that gave his opponent absolutely zero support.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Now that Brat won, the Tea-gaggers are falling all over themselves and patting themselves on their backs. Reminds of when Tonya Harding trying to embrace Nancy Kerrigan after Kerrigan won the silver. LOL
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Jun 12, 2014
People in the TEA group, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike voted for Brat. Ann Coulter had fundraisers for him. He will win in November, and he will be greeted by many new Republican, and Democrat faces that replaced the corrupt, lawless current bunch of corrupt politicians. They will but a stop to any immigration Amnesty, and they will begin preparing for a new President in 2016.

New New York

#22 Jun 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
People in the TEA group, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike voted for Brat. Ann Coulter had fundraisers for him. He will win in November, and he will be greeted by many new Republican, and Democrat faces that replaced the corrupt, lawless current bunch of corrupt politicians. They will but a stop to any immigration Amnesty, and they will begin preparing for a new President in 2016.
REAL Americans, not the 27%ers, realize that TeaNazis, wingnuts, and Coulter are a sure sign that a candidate is completely wacko and needs to be rejected.

Oh, a couple of them will be elected in gerrymandered white 'wingnut enclaves, but most Americans don't want the American Taliban running the country.

You'll find out, then cry, as I LOL at you.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What to Expect in Obama's Immigration Order 7 min Earl 34
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 18 min Earl 847
Obama heads to Chicago to pitch immigration steps 1 hr Mothra 3
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Ga Girl 56 136,992
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 1 hr Earl 134
Obama sets off on a sales mission on immigration 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 150
Republicans strike early blow in U.S. midterm e... 2 hr Wildcat 546
GOP's Sen. Graham: 'Shame on us' over immigration 4 hr STFU 59

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE