Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?

There are 20 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Nov 3, 2013, titled Mitt Romney says Obamacare has ruined Obama's second term. Is he right?. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

President Obama speaks at Boston's Faneuil Hall about Obamacare Wednesday. Faneuil Hall is where former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Obama's rival in the 2012 presidential election, signed the state's landmark health care law in 2006, with top Democrats standing by his side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Billy Ringo

United States

#590 Nov 29, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You are hilarious. Faux, Etchy, Bullshyte mountain news. Did you just make them up? You should be on TV, dog. What a mind.
Make, them up? No Dud .......... this is all old hat.

You need to get out more, boy.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#591 Nov 29, 2013
spOko wrote:
FAUX News reported this week that Obamacare is causing layoffs at the Cleveland Clinic. The reports were wrong (what a surprise). But this raises a related question: if conservatives are worried about hospitals and layoffs, why oppose Medicaid expansion?
The report was wrong. The fact is Cleveland Clinic will eliminate 3000 jobs by voluntary early retirement. If they cannot convince 3000 people to retire then they will lay off. The bottom line is 3000 fewer jobs will exist. 3000 more working age people will not be working and of course the quality of care will decline due to a decrease in staff and an increase in the number of patients.
Of course the elimination of 30000 jobs from the economy through early retirements will not be reflected in the unemployment statistics. How nice for Obama.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/25/top-4-u-s-h...
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#592 Nov 29, 2013
sorry 300 jobs, funky keyboard:)
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#593 Nov 29, 2013
Dam 3000jobs
Billy Ringo

United States

#594 Nov 29, 2013
keep trying, one of these weeks you'll get your bullshyt straight.
spud

Reading, PA

#595 Nov 29, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome, dude - you should have been working in Shrub's administration. The boy couldn't find a single one.
Who the hell cares whether they had them or not. It still wasn't a good enough reason to start a war. Maybe it was for natural born killers like you and McCain but for normal people it was nothing more than a bogus excuse. A lot of idiotic Democrats voted for that dopey war as well.
Billy Ringo

United States

#596 Nov 29, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Who the hell cares whether they had them or not. It still wasn't a good enough reason to start a war. Maybe it was for natural born killers like you and McCain but for normal people it was nothing more than a bogus excuse. A lot of idiotic Democrats voted for that dopey war as well.
the families of those 2,000 who died for no reason probably care - not to mention the families of the 100,000 who came home maimed and wounded - they care.

A pretty stupid comment, Dud - even for you.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#597 Nov 29, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
The report was wrong. The fact is Cleveland Clinic will eliminate 3000 jobs by voluntary early retirement. If they cannot convince 3000 people to retire then they will lay off. The bottom line is 3000 fewer jobs will exist. 3000 more working age people will not be working and of course the quality of care will decline due to a decrease in staff and an increase in the number of patients.
Of course the elimination of 30000 jobs from the economy through early retirements will not be reflected in the unemployment statistics. How nice for Obama.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/25/top-4-u-s-h...
Stop repeating wingnutz BS like a retarded parrot. Randall Starling, the vice chairman at the Cleveland Clinic, has stated that the hospital started making plans for restructuring over six years ago -- ye moron!!

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#598 Nov 29, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>They did have WMDs. They gassed their own people.
When Reagan was president.

And Reagan knew for a fact that he gassed his own people.

But Reagan did not demand he give up his WMDS.

Reagan made him an ally, and gave him weapons and intel.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#600 Nov 29, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
bareback, how long have you been inhaling subway urine fumes while holding an Acorn clipboard?
Your right and you can tell backback has been inhaling for awhile which is why he repeats himself over and over when posting besides likes to run around in the same circle like an Idiot which is his claim to fame.

Level 5

Location hidden

#601 Nov 29, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
bareback, how long have you been inhaling
From the spooge stains running down your shirt collar we all know exactly what you have been inhaling, Sweet Pea.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#602 Nov 29, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop repeating wingnutz BS like a retarded parrot. Randall Starling, the vice chairman at the Cleveland Clinic, has stated that the hospital started making plans for restructuring over six years ago -- ye moron!!
“The cuts for 2014, about half of those are related to the Affordable Care Act…We anticipate a reduction in workforce,” Cleveland Clinic executive director of communications Eileen Sheil said.

Apparently he is not quoting the OFFICIAL position of the Cleveland Clinic on this issue. Then again I can't seems to find his statement only your account. I am sure that when Obama took office six years ago they did realize they were going to see tough times like all other businesses have.
spud

Reading, PA

#603 Nov 29, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
bareback, how long have you been inhaling subway urine fumes while holding an Acorn clipboard?
That was beautiful. I knew something real bad happened to bare but I never suspected the deadly subway urine fumes. That was so good I'm gonna head over to the club and repeat it if you don't mind.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#605 Nov 29, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That was beautiful. I knew something real bad happened to bare but I never suspected the deadly subway urine fumes. That was so good I'm gonna head over to the club and repeat it if you don't mind.
yikes! it would have to be a very weak mind that would consider such an elementary school level taunt beautiful...

i weep for my nation that people like you can actually vote. good thing you seem the type to not make the effort...

Level 5

Location hidden

#607 Nov 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yikes! it would have to be a very weak mind that would consider such an elementary school level taunt beautiful...
What's sad is he thinks himself clever.
spud

Reading, PA

#608 Nov 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yikes! it would have to be a very weak mind that would consider such an elementary school level taunt beautiful...
i weep for my nation that people like you can actually vote. good thing you seem the type to not make the effort...
Don't cry for me Q dog. I have my side of the equation covered. Cry for yourself just in case your freebies don't come through.
spud

Reading, PA

#609 Nov 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Yo, look at this. The tick comes to bares defense instantaneously. I'm thinking something is going on here. Maybe it was brought on by inhaling too many of those urine fumes in the subway.
spud

Reading, PA

#611 Nov 30, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
keep trying, one of these weeks you'll get your bullshyt straight.
You'll never get yours straight, dog. Never.

Level 5

Location hidden

#612 Nov 30, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah bareback, keyboard warrior from hidden location..with 76+ thousand posts
Almost as many as the knobbers you do a season at Lincoln Financial Field.

Change your jersey, Shug. It's past time.

Level 5

Location hidden

#614 Nov 30, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
bareback, you homo's are so gay
That's because you set the standard, Jimbo.

Gives them all something to shoot for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Action Over Illegal Immigration Raises Rigid De... 52 min Bam 113
News Clinton calls for full citizenship path 2 hr Le Jimbo 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr Lost Planet Airmen 138,059
News The Deported 8 hr tomin cali 7
News Republicans are not compassionate 8 hr Your Ex 152
News Hillary Clinton: Path to citizenship for all il... 8 hr Memo From Turner 4
News Chapman speakers urge community dialogue on imm... 9 hr wild child 10
More from around the web