11 Million Illegal Aliens Must Learn English. How would it work?

Jun 30, 2013 Full story: Free Republic 10

The new comprehensive immigration bill would require 11 million illegal aliens to learn English.

Full Story
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 Jun 30, 2013
We can start by eliminating all translated materials, including "Press 1 for English."

As we ALL know, this will be eliminated as soon as the bill is signed (NOT!) just like the requirement to pay back taxes and enforcement in '86!

Implementing anything, including the "triggers" will be a nightmare to enforce...and they know it!
All they want to do is to legalize 11-20+ million people so that the corporations can continue making $$$ with low salaries, and giving next wave of illegal aliens an even lower wage!
Hello, Bangaladesh! Watch that shaky building!!!
I can only support a deportation policy that deports anyone who is in America illegally, including the big mouth self entitled kiddies, no matter how long they have leeched off of us and consider themselves American in every way! Making exceptions only encourages more and reflects the lack of seriousness of enforcement. This, puls "draconian" laws to fine the crap out of any business that attempts to hire them!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 30, 2013
if its in the bill we all know it will not be enforced,we already have laws that quite a few who supported this thing was involved with 86,proving they are unwilling to do anything other than reward criminal behavior.

“"One for the claws"”

Level 6

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#3 Jun 30, 2013
Magadala wrote:
We can start by eliminating all translated materials, including "Press 1 for English."
As we ALL know, this will be eliminated as soon as the bill is signed (NOT!) just like the requirement to pay back taxes and enforcement in '86!
Implementing anything, including the "triggers" will be a nightmare to enforce...and they know it!
All they want to do is to legalize 11-20+ million people so that the corporations can continue making $$$ with low salaries, and giving next wave of illegal aliens an even lower wage!
Hello, Bangaladesh! Watch that shaky building!!!
I can only support a deportation policy that deports anyone who is in America illegally, including the big mouth self entitled kiddies, no matter how long they have leeched off of us and consider themselves American in every way! Making exceptions only encourages more and reflects the lack of seriousness of enforcement. This, plus "draconian" laws to fine the crap out of any business that attempts to hire them!
This was one of my questions. What is the incentive for them to learn English? As long as they can press 2 for Spanish. Have documents printed in Spanish. And have translators. Why would they bother. I also agree with the lowering of the prevailing wages. This happens anytime you have a huge surplus workforce. Many people don't understand,in addition to 20 million illegals legalized,each one of them will be able to bring in 3-4-5 family members through chain migration. That is millions more people. Also they have in this bill more H2A visas. Hundreds of thousands more people. Most of these people will be dependent on government entitlement programs. How do they plan on paying for this?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 30, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>This was one of my questions. What is the incentive for them to learn English? As long as they can press 2 for Spanish. Have documents printed in Spanish. And have translators. Why would they bother. I also agree with the lowering of the prevailing wages. This happens anytime you have a huge surplus workforce. Many people don't understand,in addition to 20 million illegals legalized,each one of them will be able to bring in 3-4-5 family members through chain migration. That is millions more people. Also they have in this bill more H2A visas. Hundreds of thousands more people. Most of these people will be dependent on government entitlement programs. How do they plan on paying for this?
thats where the dems come in and say they are for prevailing wages and unions and the working class citizens as awhole,yet their actions on 744 prove they are not. there is no way this bill will help working class citizens.
Not So Fast

Kansas City, MO

#5 Jun 30, 2013
There's zero penalty if they don't. Just another scam.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#6 Jun 30, 2013
they will teach them the most important sentences used by Hispanics...."Where is the Welfare office". Then they will be given citizenship at once.....50 million, not 11...I'm sick of the liars.
Brenda besson

United States

#7 Jun 30, 2013
This will never happen,they dont want to speak english,just like they dont want to be american.its all about what they can get,they would love to get us all out.then they could do whatever.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#10 Jul 1, 2013
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>This was one of my questions. What is the incentive for them to learn English? As long as they can press 2 for Spanish. Have documents printed in Spanish. And have translators. Why would they bother. I also agree with the lowering of the prevailing wages. This happens anytime you have a huge surplus workforce. Many people don't understand,in addition to 20 million illegals legalized,each one of them will be able to bring in 3-4-5 family members through chain migration. That is millions more people. Also they have in this bill more H2A visas. Hundreds of thousands more people. Most of these people will be dependent on government entitlement programs. How do they plan on paying for this?
You know, I have often asked the same question about providing translators. Since there are so many of them, and they refuse to learn English, why don't they have people in their own communities as volunteer translators? Why look to Uncle Same for everything...and I am not white!
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 2, 2013
There are over 400 waivers in this amnesty. Can't learn English, file a waiver, can't pay taxes, file a waiver, had your 6th DUI, file a waiver.

"The Senate immigration bill as it currently stands will allow an illegal alien with two convictions “for driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated” to be granted legal status in this country.

If the alien is not then convicted of a third DUI after passage of the bill and before he is naturalized, he will remain eligible to eventually become a U.S. citizen.

And, even if an alien has been convicted of three or more DUIs, the bill allows the secretary of homeland security to waive the 2-DUI limit for illegal aliens seeking legalization if she believes it is “for humanitarian purposes, to ensure family unity, or if such a waiver is otherwise in the public interest.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/dui-illegals-legal...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#13 Jul 2, 2013
" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS!

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in.
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and.
into the sunshine of America".
May 17, 2007.

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts.
Member of the Democratic Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Despite Romney's exit, 2016 GOP field remains w... 11 min Le Duped 4
The Smart Way to Stop Illegal Immigration 16 min Who Guessed It 50
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 20 min Who Guessed It 1,705
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 20 min Agents of Corruption 137,381
Graham: Trey Gowdy for the Supreme Court 1 hr Le Duped 1
Tilley: Legislature makes education state's top... (Sep '07) 1 hr Amused 3
Adios, Arizona (Aug '10) 1 hr concha pena One ... 686
More from around the web