The 'Do Nothing' Solution to 'Illegal...

The 'Do Nothing' Solution to 'Illegal Immigration'

There are 138 comments on the SFBG Politics Blog story from May 17, 2013, titled The 'Do Nothing' Solution to 'Illegal Immigration'. In it, SFBG Politics Blog reports that:

Both sides of the political aisle have made a major issue out of the problem of the 11 million people inside the US illegally or presently undocumented.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFBG Politics Blog.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#23 May 18, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are never one to let facts get in the way. What laws are not being enforced?
Between the years 1892 and 1997 there were 2.1 million people deported from the US.
Under GW Bush another 2 million were deported in eight years. That comes to an average of 20,984 per month. Obama deported 1.4 million people during his first 4 years. This comes to an average of 32,886 per month.
So not only is Obama deporting people at a rate that is 57% higher than his immediate predecessor, but he has also deported more people that the previous 18 presidents COMBINED.
"The Obama Administration today announced a virtual amnesty-by-decree for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, whose deportations will be “indefinitely delayed”. In addition, Obama finally announced a jobs program – but for ILLEGAL ALIENS, not citizens – as those 300,000 illegals will also become eligible for “work permits“.

This action represents an administrative end-run around Congress, which twice rejected the ‘DREAM Act’ in 2010. As disgraceful as is this usurpation of Congressional authority, this announcement is even worse than is being reported."
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#24 May 19, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
could be they are getting caught more and more for their underhanded anti-American agendas.
siding with illegal aliens shows they are against citizens.
Could be, would be, have been, and will be etc,etc please do your best and try explaining what all these things mean.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#25 May 19, 2013
Doing nothing is marginally better than the Democrats plan of giving it all away. We need to be concentrating on enforcement first, starting with implementing a national Everify system with hash employer sanctions.
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#26 May 19, 2013
ItGoesBothWays wrote:
<quoted text>
That reverse racism shit is getting old. Quit deflecting your hatred and accept your racism.
I merely want our immigration laws enforced. How does that make me a racist? Yet Hispanics who feel their ethnic group should be above them and rewarded for breaking aren't the racists? Are you kidding me? How did you come to that illogical conclusion?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#27 May 19, 2013
spud wrote:
Doing nothing is marginally better than the Democrats plan of giving it all away. We need to be concentrating on enforcement first, starting with implementing a national Everify system with hash employer sanctions.
I don't think you punish employers until the Feds do their job of securing the borders,as you said endorse a national e-verify system,root out illegal criminals that are here because the Feds don't do their job and enforce existing laws on some level.
Then we need to facilitate policy that doesn't put employers in a position where they need to hire slave labor to turn a profit.
Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#28 May 19, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely want our immigration laws enforced. How does that make me a racist? Yet Hispanics who feel their ethnic group should be above them and rewarded for breaking aren't the racists? Are you kidding me? How did you come to that illogical conclusion?
That is just the standard response. If you disagree with any Hispanic supremacy group you are racist.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#29 May 19, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
If there is a DO NOTHING "Solution" to ANYTHING.
Teabaggers will have it.
Or make it worse.
It's their trademark.
Poor OWS/POS.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#30 May 19, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, mostly the ones that want them legalized are ethnocentric, racist Hispanics just because most illegals are also Hispanic.
You got those larazashyt out there running their mouths all the time. I'm sure we have them here in Houston, but nobody cares and they dont get the press. Freebird's probably right. I dont see that much because I live in the woods, but I do work in construction.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#31 May 19, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely want our immigration laws enforced. How does that make me a racist? Yet Hispanics who feel their ethnic group should be above them and rewarded for breaking aren't the racists? Are you kidding me? How did you come to that illogical conclusion?
Time to face reality.
If you're a white male of European descent,Christian,heterosexual ,gainfully employed without psychological or mental problems,you're the enemy.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#32 May 19, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Poor OWS/POS.
Truth stings.

Poor teabagger.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#33 May 19, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you punish employers until the Feds do their job of securing the borders,as you said endorse a national e-verify system,root out illegal criminals that are here because the Feds don't do their job and enforce existing laws on some level.
Then we need to facilitate policy that doesn't put employers in a position where they need to hire slave labor to turn a profit.
I'm not saying anything about retroactive penalties, even though employers fully know that employing illegal aliens is against the law. I'm saying implement the program and include stiff penalties. I just wonder if there's enough Americans in our government to pass such a law.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#34 May 19, 2013
Radioactive ~ Imagine Dragons
http://youtu.be/eu-xFvLaE68
Brad

Manchester, CT

#35 May 19, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying anything about retroactive penalties, even though employers fully know that employing illegal aliens is against the law. I'm saying implement the program and include stiff penalties. I just wonder if there's enough Americans in our government to pass such a law.
I understand its wrong and illegal to employ illegals.
If they weren't here they wouldn't be employed and I don't think its the job of employers or individual states to do the Feds job of securing our borders.
When are they held accountable for dropping the ball?
Why have all these high priced tax payer funded agencies if they're not even expected to do what they were tasked to do?
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#36 May 19, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand its wrong and illegal to employ illegals.
If they weren't here they wouldn't be employed and I don't think its the job of employers or individual states to do the Feds job of securing our borders.
When are they held accountable for dropping the ball?
Why have all these high priced tax payer funded agencies if they're not even expected to do what they were tasked to do?
No, I agree that the feds have not done their job on immigration enforcement. They have done this intentionally. And I don't know if they have the [email protected] to enforce immigration law at all. But I don't buy the rationalization that the employers are innocent bystanders. After all, it's employer lobbyists that have paid for this non enforcement.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#37 May 19, 2013
Solution "TRAINS, PLANES AND AUTOMOBILES". I have an SUV now. I can carry a few extra!!!
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#38 May 20, 2013
Juan wrote:
It will never happen tomin cali. LOL
Yes it will basura
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#39 May 20, 2013
[QUOTE .="Mexican pride"] I am Juan the boricua slayer![/QUOTE] Juan will head back to mexihole soon enough
nym8783

Lawrence, MA

#40 May 20, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
but with the wide open border a large percentage of the deportees have been deported multiple times because the govt won't do anything from them coming back sometimes within hours or days of being dropped off in jaurez or tijuana.
memo knows that,he just pretends to believe the nonsense the Obama administration reports. Telling people at the border to turn around should not be counted as a deportation unless they personal take them all the way back to Mexico

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#41 May 20, 2013
This 800+ pages piece of legislation is rife with problems, that will be almost impossible to implement correctly. Rather than pass this monstrosity, it would be better to pass smaller parts of this bill...the main thing is enforcement and the need to study the abolishment of birthright citizenship, and implementing a bill that requires one parent to be a legal US citizen before being able to apply for freebies for an American-born child. Let's put the best interests of Americans first. Jobs would be nice for some folks.
spud

Wilkes Barre, PA

#42 May 20, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
This 800+ pages piece of legislation is rife with problems, that will be almost impossible to implement correctly. Rather than pass this monstrosity, it would be better to pass smaller parts of this bill...the main thing is enforcement and the need to study the abolishment of birthright citizenship, and implementing a bill that requires one parent to be a legal US citizen before being able to apply for freebies for an American-born child. Let's put the best interests of Americans first. Jobs would be nice for some folks.
You're absolutely right but that doesn't necessarily mean they will put off passing this travesty. They rammed Obamacare through in the exact same way. I hope the people start getting a lot more vocal with their representatives or we run the risk of them passing another corrupt and stupid bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only mass deportation can save America 9 min Lee 40
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 53 min Rickster-- 7,119
News Justice Department backs Texas 'sanctuary city'... 6 hr spud 2
News Degrading the value of citizenship: Letters to ... 6 hr spud 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 hr Just Slim 146,156
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 16 hr Tm Cln 307
News Nixon went to China, Trump went for 'amnesty' 20 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 3
More from around the web