GOP Districts Isolated From Demograph...

GOP Districts Isolated From Demographic Changes

There are 20 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 31, 2014, titled GOP Districts Isolated From Demographic Changes. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Some demographers call it the browning of America. Fueled by immigration and higher birth rates among Hispanics and blacks, the U.S. population is becoming less white.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Cat74

Aurora, IL

#1 Mar 31, 2014
It will not matter if people are green with purple spots if they take the time to become educated, and don't expect everyone else to provide for them like wayward children. Our cities are inundated with lazy people waiting for the mailman to bring them their Government largess. The foreigners have no respect for our laws, our Constitution, or history. They certainly aren't making the country a better place to live, and raise our children. Look at Detroit, and Chicago, and tell me being a sanctuary for illegal aliens, and the entitled has been a good plan.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 31, 2014
Pretty soon, we will be calling it U.S. of illegal Mexicans.
Suicide of a Superpower

Medford, NY

#3 Mar 31, 2014
We have accepted today the existence in perpetuity of a permanent class of scores of millions who cannot cope and must be carried by society - fed, clothed, housed, tutored, and medicated at taxpayer expense their entire lives. We have a dependent nation equal to the size of Spain in our independent America.

A new division has been created in our country. Those who pay double or triple fare, and those who ride forever free.
Why I became a Republican

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2014

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Mar 31, 2014
Suicide of a Superpower wrote:
We have accepted today the existence in perpetuity of a permanent class of scores of millions who cannot cope and must be carried by society - fed, clothed, housed, tutored, and medicated at taxpayer expense their entire lives. We have a dependent nation equal to the size of Spain in our independent America.
A new division has been created in our country. Those who pay double or triple fare, and those who ride forever free.
yep, that famous 47%....
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#6 Mar 31, 2014
And the deadbeats have no shame. They really believe they are entitled to other peoples money. I believe if you are truly needy in American you should be taken care of temporarily, but there is no excuse to carry these Deadbeat for generations.
Your Ex

Grand Junction, CO

#7 Mar 31, 2014
Thanks to Gerrymandering, the GOP should remain viable until at least 2025.
After that????
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#8 Mar 31, 2014
Already trying to make excuses for all their losses in November, and 2016. So funny. How about you are losing because your party destroyed the Healthcare system, and now Republicans have to fix it.
Why I became a Republican

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2014
The fact is that Obama's support comes primarily from low information voters who had never voted before a "black" candidate ran for president. Most of them have no clue that elections are not held only every four years and most will not vote in 2016 unless the Democrats can find another unknown "black" candidate. In addition many that voted for Obama did so because they were tired of lack of concern by the Bush administration for the average American. Now that they have seen that the Obama administration has not only a lack of concern for the average American but distain, contempt and hatred for the average American they will not support another 4 years of Democratic "leadership" and again the pendulum will swing..

“Make America Great Again”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#11 Apr 1, 2014
Why I became a Republican wrote:
The fact is that Obama's support comes primarily from low information voters who had never voted before a "black" candidate ran for president. Most of them have no clue that elections are not held only every four years and most will not vote in 2016 unless the Democrats can find another unknown "black" candidate.
One of the best aspects of reading the postings by right-wingers on Topix is their excuses for why the Black President won... at some point you're going to have to accept that your ideology and political thinking isn't appealing to thinking people. We the People voted for President Obama about as much as we voted against republicans. But I do truly enjoy watching reading your pathetic whining... STFU loser.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#13 Apr 1, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>One of the best aspects of reading the postings by right-wingers on Topix is their excuses for why the Black President won... at some point you're going to have to accept that your ideology and political thinking isn't appealing to thinking people. We the People voted for President Obama about as much as we voted against republicans. But I do truly enjoy watching reading your pathetic whining... STFU loser.
He won, America lost.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#14 Apr 1, 2014
whinersrus wrote:
<quoted text> s pro gay rump riders gay
Is bigotry, sexual fantasies and homophobia included in Yout health care plan?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Apr 1, 2014
I'm glad marine core pat is retired, the thought of him on that wall at night scares me.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#18 Apr 1, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
I'm glad marine core pat is retired, the thought of him on that wall at night scares me.
He scares everyone on Topix. Sounds like a real Psyco. He probably killed white people, he's such a hateful racist.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#19 Apr 1, 2014
Your Ex wrote:
Thanks to Gerrymandering, the GOP should remain viable until at least 2025.
After that????
The Goofy Old Party won't last until 2025. In 2016, Hispanics will turn Texas blue and Koreans and blacks will turn GA blue.

TX = 38 EV
CA = 55 EV
NY = 29 EV

That's 122 EV any Democrat POTUS candidate will start with - out of 270 needed to win.

IT'S A SLAM DUNK !!!!!!!!!!
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#20 Apr 1, 2014
He killed no one. He can barely swat a fly. He lives in a fantasy world he created to make himself feel good about his shortcomings. It is O K. Everyone needs to be someone sometime, and on here he is a legend in his own mind.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#21 Apr 1, 2014
LOL
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#22 Apr 3, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
He killed no one. He can barely swat a fly. He lives in a fantasy world he created to make himself feel good about his shortcomings. It is O K. Everyone needs to be someone sometime, and on here he is a legend in his own mind.
This from a teabagger azzclown boy who thinks 37 governors can change any law they want.

And you're allowed to vote?

That right there is a crime.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#23 Apr 3, 2014
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a teabagger azzclown boy who thinks 37 governors can change any law they want.
And you're allowed to vote?
That right there is a crime.
Sa gunz boss! Da gunz!
Cat74

West Chicago, IL

#24 Apr 3, 2014
You think it is a problem for GOP to reside over white districts, but it is acceptable for Democrats to reside over black districts? Go, and visit some of those black districts. You want your children in those schools? You want to shop in those stores? Park your car on the street? Wait weeks too have the snow removed? Put up with second rate transportation systems? I am sure I want to live there. They pay very little taxes so they don't have any benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Degrading the value of citizenship: Letters to ... 1 hr spytheweb 1
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 2 hr Tm Cln 307
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 3 hr Rico from East Lo... 7,118
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr J ValJean 146,154
News Nixon went to China, Trump went for 'amnesty' 6 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News Jesus Arrested as Illegal Immigrant in New Poli... 8 hr spytheweb 18
News Trump Administration Sides With Texas on Sanctu... 8 hr spytheweb 1
More from around the web