Ruben Navarrett Jr.: DREAMers Should Wake Up

Jun 20, 2013 Full story: The Baxter Bulletin 15

So it's time to do three things: understand what DACA is and isn't; evaluate the illegal immigrants whom it was meant to help, i.e., the estimated 1.5 million DREAMers brought to the United States as children by their parents; and take stock of the legislation at the center of all this - the DREAM Act, which would have given legal status to young ... (more)

Full Story

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#1 Jun 20, 2013
"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
Rude Term for Mexicans

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jun 20, 2013
Allow the dreamers to stay PROVIDED they prove their lawbreaking patents have self-deported. If they come back, the dreamers go back with them. Turn in your parents, wet backs, and you can stay.
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone thought to tell the "dreamers" that they are here through no fault of OUR own?!!!

Kick all of this back to the families, mixed or otherwise! If they have anchors, they must go with parents until 18, let them educate and support them, it's their responsibility! Let the famiies sort out who they take and leave behind when deported...personal choice.

They have whined, and we have allowed them to dine too long.

Rubin is right about the sense of entitlement! Since they have been here so long, they actually believe they deserve everything Americans have solely because they are here! Mandatory requirement that they ALL leave! I don't care how long you have lived here and put down your illegal roots!!!
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Rude Term for Mexicans wrote:
Allow the dreamers to stay PROVIDED they prove their lawbreaking patents have self-deported. If they come back, the dreamers go back with them. Turn in your parents, wet backs, and you can stay.
NO! No special categories, they will weasel out of it!

I have worked in our local juvie. Illegal aliens, particularly mexicans, know that if you are under 18, your sentence will be lighter. Since they don't have paples, they lie and say they are under 18. You should see the big husky mexican dudes walking around. Also, the crimes within juvie are more sophisticated, reflective of having been in the "big house." Instead of stealing pencils, staples, etc., for weapons, they are take rims off of metal buckets to make knives...oh, well, luckily they are only here to feed their families.
Juan Too

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2013
"With this Presidential Pen, I grant full amnesty to 10 million new citizens"

President Ronald Reagan, as he signed the Ronald Nathan Reagan Amnesty Act of 1986.
racer42

San Mateo, CA

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
President Ronald Reagan, as he signed the Ronald Nathan Reagan Amnesty Act of 1986.
See post #1 above. He signed this piece of trash legislation based on the promise from Ted (the Borracho) Kennedy that the borders would be sealed and there would never be the need for another "amnesty". Now we know what Ted's promise was worth.
Juan Too

Mesa, AZ

#7 Jun 20, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
See post #1 above. He signed this piece of trash legislation based on the promise from Ted (the Borracho) Kennedy that the borders would be sealed and there would never be the need for another "amnesty". Now we know what Ted's promise was worth.
Ted wasn't in charge and he didn't write the legislation. Ultra-conservative Alan Simpson wrote it, and Ronald "The Buck Stops with me" Reagan signed it.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#8 Jun 20, 2013
I REPEATED ON THIS FORUM OVER AND OVER AGAIN....DACA WAS INTENDED TO LOCATE ILLEGALS FOR DEPORTATION. Daca was a farce. Obama had reason for this, VOTES...only. I just love it. Why did so few apply? They knew too. DACA will be reversed as soon as the new farce get's voted on. All to locate, and to punish and deport illegals. The only illegals wanted here are highly educated high tech Asians. The rest of millions of low wage earners, will get some kind of work permit. If they want to immigrate, which they don't, they'll jump through plenty of hoops including English Language proficiency. What does that tell you? All applying will be put at the end of the line behind those waiting legally to immigrate. South Americans are naive and hopefully they'll all run ti immigration offices to apply for the next farce.
Modern Cons

Anonymous Proxy

#9 Jun 20, 2013
Legalize the students. Double the student loan interest rate. Be proud! Be Strong! Be profitable.
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
Modern Cons wrote:
Legalize the students. Double the student loan interest rate. Be proud! Be Strong! Be profitable.
Most are high school drop outs...remember?!!!
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#12 Jun 21, 2013
DEPORT ALL OF THEM, YOUNG AND OLD!
Brenda besson

United States

#13 Jun 22, 2013
Dream on dreamers,
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#14 Jun 22, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
This 24 pound, 1,075 page amnesty bill has to pass the House first. Did you see the farm bill, got crushed by the House. The Senate thinks if the amnesty bill passes big enough it will convince other republicans in the House to vote for it. The farm bill passed by the vote of 66 to 27. The amnesty won't pass that big.

Very few bills are passed out of the many. Amnesty is just being hyped up and it will be a big let down when it dies, not for me but for illegal aliens.
Realist

Baltimore, MD

#15 Jun 22, 2013
"The bill has accountability for those who are here in an undocumented status. It provides an earned pathway to full legal status and then to citizenship for those who want it. That is not amnesty in any dictionary in the English language."
- Richard Land, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission
MoralMajority

Carmel, IN

#16 Jun 22, 2013
The immigration amnesty bill was written mostly by all of the open border treason lobby special interest groups and except for obamacare which is even worse is undoubtedly one of the worst bills to ever come out of the Senate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 4 min Le Duped 147
Dana Milbank: Jeb Bush, CPAC pinata 24 min Holla Isabella 2
10 things to know on Friday 3 hr WelbyMD 4
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 3 hr garagehero 27,523
Homeland Security funding drama darkens U.S. fi... 3 hr Newland 2
Dems call GOP Homeland Security strategy a poli... 5 hr Quirky 8
Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC straw poll 5 hr Charlie Brown 6
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr J ValJean 137,594
More from around the web