The Century of made in Japan is over

Aug 31, 2012 Full story: www.autonews.com 25

Japanese cars head home as the yen erodes the century of made in Japan.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Aug 31, 2012
The times they are a changing.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2 Sep 1, 2012
As usual, JJFADS (aka Root & Co.) takes an article and completely misrepresents it.
The article is primarily about Globalization, and how it has particularly affected one company---Nissan.
Fact is, the same globalization phenomenon has affected many other countries---notably the USA.
"Made in USA" at least insofar as the automotive business is concerned, is essentially "over" as well.
Some Japanese automakers are more "Made in USA" than most so-called "Domestics"!

JJFADS is full of sh-t!!!.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#3 Sep 1, 2012
Now watch for the self serving rebuttal from the Chameleon.
It will present one or more of the following excuses:

(1) "I'm only reporting the news"
(2) "You are wrong--I'm innocent of any bias"
(3) "You are being unecessarily mean to me"
(4) "What's wrong with what I said"
(5) "You can't handle the news"
(6) "Crickets" (Or some other completely irrelevant remark)

If the Chameleon chooses not to rebut, he'll send in one of his aliases, ie Root, Happy and laughing, etc. to do the job.

Dallas, TX.

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Iíll let the article speak for itself.

Now tell me, how is that article misrepresented? Hell, I said the times they are a changing. That hardly misrepresents anything. More name calling?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#5 Sep 1, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
Iíll let the article speak for itself.
Now tell me, how is that article misrepresented? Hell, I said the times they are a changing. That hardly misrepresents anything. More name calling?
Bullsh-t!!
You chose this article because it targets your favourite subject.
Japan bashing.
Almost every developed country in the world has the same problem.
The same could be said of Korea,Taiwan,Malaya,Thailand, Viet Nam, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, etc----not to mention the USA.
Your choice was deliberate and selective.
Pleading you weren't deliberate only adds more hypocracy.

Dallas, TX.

#6 Sep 1, 2012
You made an accusation that I have misrepresented this article. Would you like to back those words up with an example?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#7 Sep 1, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
You made an accusation that I have misrepresented this article. Would you like to back those words up with an example?
How's this to "Back Up" my words........
You know exactly why you posted this article.
And it wasn't to simply provide info.
Frankly, there's been enough of your anti Japanese rhetoric and self serving altruism you hide behind.
In the cold light of day, it sucks.
So whine all you want about "My Words".
I stand behind them, because they're appropriate.
Happy and Laughing

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Sep 2, 2012
Japan is a closed market and it will stay that way.

Dallas, TX.

#9 Sep 2, 2012
You canít provide any factual statement that supports your accusations pertaining to completely misrepresenting this article. Why canít you stand behind your words?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#10 Sep 3, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
You canít provide any factual statement that supports your accusations pertaining to completely misrepresenting this article. Why canít you stand behind your words?
Is self serviing indignation all you ever have to offer when the truth arrives?
It changes nothing---you're still full of sh-t, and we're tired of your role playing.
Deal with it.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#11 Sep 3, 2012
For JJFADS and all his aliases:...

"Self rightious indignation is jealousy with a halo".
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#12 Sep 3, 2012
Misrepresentation occurs when certain words are transposed from a media article.

The article giving rise to this thread has a header which reads as follows:

"Nissan cars head home as yen erodes century of made-in-Japan."

Yet the header for this thread reads as follows:

"The Century of made in Japan is over."

Big difference!!!

Dallas, TX.

#13 Sep 3, 2012
Still waiting to see if you can provide anything that suggests the article was misrepresented. After considering your attempt, Iím afraid you might be playing a foot instead of a hand. This is disappointing to me. On the other hand, one can safely say that made in Japan is swiftly ending and is slowing slipping away i.e. the past. Have a splendid night. I wish good things upon you.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#14 Sep 4, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
Still waiting to see if you can provide anything that suggests the article was misrepresented. After considering your attempt, Iím afraid you might be playing a foot instead of a hand. This is disappointing to me. On the other hand, one can safely say that made in Japan is swiftly ending and is slowing slipping away i.e. the past. Have a splendid night. I wish good things upon you.
Like that famous quote by Yogi Berra..........
"It ain't over 'till it's over".
There's a big difference between "erodes" (in the article) and "over" (JJFADS' claim).
Especially when it's only one automaker as an example.
But then again--manipulation and strategic conjecture have always been your trademark!
You might say that you follow the example of your presidential candidates---if all else fails, lie.

Dallas, TX.

#15 Sep 4, 2012
While you quote Yogi Bear, we still wait for you to quote an example of taking this article and misrepresenting it. You have no example.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#16 Sep 5, 2012
The example JJFADS so desperately seeks has been shown....repeatedly.
Obviously, his obsession with being "right" is now augmented by self rightious denial.
JJFADS misrepresented the title of the media article by distorting the header of this thread.
I have no issue with his "things are changing" analogy, but JJFADS' header states something completely (and intentionally) different.
That said, things obviously haven't changed much as far as JJFADS biased contributions to these forums.
Not to mention his own compliance (and participation) with ignorant posters who consistently use obscenities, gross gender insults, racial and ethnic slurs, cruel personal attacks,etc.
I have no use nor respect for those who use such tactics, nor posters like JJFADS who repeatedly waffle from one side of the fence to the other.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#17 Sep 8, 2012
Must be the yen.

Dallas, TX.

#18 Sep 12, 2012
Root wrote:
Must be the yen.
Toyota and its global Keiretsu has been slower than its main competitors in Japan to recognize the cost penalties for building so many vehicles in Japan. Until it starts to react to the problem of high yen/low dollar the bottom line of the company will not track the volume improvements that Toyota has seen over the last several months.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#19 Sep 12, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Toyota and its global Keiretsu has been slower than its main competitors in Japan to recognize the cost penalties for building so many vehicles in Japan. Until it starts to react to the problem of high yen/low dollar the bottom line of the company will not track the volume improvements that Toyota has seen over the last several months.
Meaningless gobbledegook!!

Dallas, TX.

#20 Sep 12, 2012
Such an insightful comment. Care to offer a positive thought?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... 26 min Le Jimbo 15
D.C. has passed sea level rise 'tipping point,'... Sun Earthling-1 1
Obama push leaves 136 prisoners held at Guantanamo Dec 15 Better DEAD than RED 7
Toppled Philippine church cross overlooks typho... (Nov '13) Dec 15 ELIAS IBARRA 227
Storm 'folded homes like paper', rescuers strug... Dec 12 joe 1
California prepares for powerful storm that cou... Dec 10 Pete 1
Wintry storms set to batter Britain Dec 9 Canada too 1
More from around the web