Storm leaves thousands without power.

Storm leaves thousands without power.

There are 9 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Storm leaves thousands without power.. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A powerful, warm winter storm lashed Connecticut with strong winds and heavy rain that left thousands of people without power Thursday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Waterbury, CT

#1 Jan 31, 2013
glad my power stayed on. when i lost power for almost a week because of hurriane sandy, i learned a lesson of how much we take simple things for granted.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 31, 2013
My house was shaking at 4 AM this morning. Now thats windy!
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#3 Jan 31, 2013
We had power back at 5:30. But FLHS closed at 10:15 because part of the roof had blown off.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 31, 2013
I lost my power about 5:00 AM and I turn on my generator on about 8:00 and my power came back around 10:30 AM.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
My house was shaking at 4 AM this morning. Now thats windy!
I took the pups out at 7 pm and I thought the wind was going to take them to Kansas.We had tornado warnings here to but it calmed down about 11 PM. Glad you did not have any power outages we installed a generator last year Since then we have not lost power LOL.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#6 Jan 31, 2013
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I took the pups out at 7 pm and I thought the wind was going to take them to Kansas.We had tornado warnings here to but it calmed down about 11 PM. Glad you did not have any power outages we installed a generator last year Since then we have not lost power LOL.
I'm thinking of buying a snow blower for that very reason.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 31, 2013
So true- buying a snow blower will definitely keep it from snowing. Confederate flags and trailer parks attract tornadoes, BTW.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Jan 31, 2013
#6 makes sense to me and #7 is funny.
American Gentleman Samuel

New Haven, CT

#9 Jan 31, 2013
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I took the pups out at 7 pm and I thought the wind was going to take them to Kansas.We had tornado warnings here to but it calmed down about 11 PM. Glad you did not have any power outages we installed a generator last year Since then we have not lost power LOL.
You should do what I do, let your dog shit in the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian Hurricane Centre predicting active sea... 7 hr uk-criticizes-us-... 2
News Hurricane Irene: Outages, Destruction in Storm'... (Aug '11) May 16 martin garey 2
News N.C. said it still needs $929 million in aid fo... May 12 Fundie Sniffling 3
News Trump Shafts North Carolina After Hurricane Mat... May 11 Facto 1
News Savvy Shopper: Can't find water? Where to find ... (Aug '11) May 11 Martin garey 3
News Australian push may open more doors for batteri... May 6 Solarman 1
News Heavy rain likely to cause new or more flooding... May 5 Sewage overflow 2... 1
More from around the web