El Paso City Hall implosion plan closes streets, discourages gawkers

Apr 10, 2013 Full story: El Paso Times

A worker appears out of a hole in the wall to reattach material that may have losened by the wind in an upper floor of the old City Hall building along Durango Street in downtown El Paso Tuesday.

Full Story
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 10, 2013
Mark Mena , I can not wait for some good baseball to be here in this town. Perhaps this last place team we are getting will improve and provide some good entertainment. I do wish however that they did not put it in the worst place in town. There is not enough parking, the traffic will be hell and we could have all saved tax money and used some open land near downtown. Where I'm from they had a campaign called "Dump the Chumps". Well i guess its time to start that here. The mayor and those who voted for this thing i hope will not get re-elected. I'm also going to make sure i voice my opinion about this by supporting those who voted against demolishing city hall by giving my hard earned money to their campaigns.
Reply 1 Like 5 hours
Kenny

El Paso, TX

#2 Apr 10, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
Mark Mena , I can not wait for some good baseball to be here in this town. Perhaps this last place team we are getting will improve and provide some good entertainment. I do wish however that they did not put it in the worst place in town. There is not enough parking, the traffic will be hell and we could have all saved tax money and used some open land near downtown. Where I'm from they had a campaign called "Dump the Chumps". Well i guess its time to start that here. The mayor and those who voted for this thing i hope will not get re-elected. I'm also going to make sure i voice my opinion about this by supporting those who voted against demolishing city hall by giving my hard earned money to their campaigns.
Reply 1 Like 5 hours
What in holy hell are you talking about? What do you mean "Like 5 hours?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police chief: Crime down 23 percent in Moss Point Sun Kelly 1
Hurricane Odile to Hit Baja California Mexico o... Sun Kelly 1
The latest on damaging earthquake in California Sep 11 Sneaky Pete 18
Storms, possible tornado forecast for metro Det... Sep 10 Steve 2
Dangerous Rip Currents Strike Jersey Shore Sep 8 Filthy mick 3
Solved: The mystery of the rolling rocks Sep 5 Jean 1
Governor McCrory Urges Residents to Be Disaster... Sep 4 Joan 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••