West Islip Little League Cleans Up Fields Flooded By Sandy

Mar 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: patch.com

The following post was submitted by West Islip Little League. On Saturday March 16, more than 50 parent and children volunteers assembled at the West Islip Beach fields to begin the cleanup of the fields and complex, which was severely damaged by Hurricane Sandy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Toddio

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

I'll bet Alcus submitted an insurance claim for everything the league lost before the Sandy's rain stopped. I'll bet the insurance claim is for alot of stuff the league didn't lose in the storm too.
Crook of crooks.
frustration

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Wow, you have a real problem. Maybe if you did something positive with your life you wouldn't be so full of hate. Hurricane Sandy hurt the community and I cannot believe you would sling your hate even after such an event. Go volunteer this weekend and you could see for yourself the damage. This is the smut in town that ruins it for the good. Disgraceful.
kevin

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

frustration wrote:
Wow, you have a real problem. Maybe if you did something positive with your life you wouldn't be so full of hate. Hurricane Sandy hurt the community and I cannot believe you would sling your hate even after such an event. Go volunteer this weekend and you could see for yourself the damage. This is the smut in town that ruins it for the good. Disgraceful.
guess you got a team from Jim this year huh?
he hasn't had hid own kid play in the league in over 10 yrs why won't he step aside and let someone else take the league in a new direction? because of the $$$$$. hurry up and rebuild the shack for him b/c it makes a lot of CASH with no way to trace it. smut that ruins this town is a perfect way to put it. open your eyes
same old

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
guess you got a team from Jim this year huh?
he hasn't had hid own kid play in the league in over 10 yrs why won't he step aside and let someone else take the league in a new direction? because of the $$$$$. hurry up and rebuild the shack for him b/c it makes a lot of CASH with no way to trace it. smut that ruins this town is a perfect way to put it. open your eyes
One of the fools in town. So the only way you can do anything for a town that you live in is have a kid..can't just volunteer because you want to help? Always a reason for it. That is the reason for many but not for all. No i didn't get a team, I just know that He does do good for the league. He volunteers for a special team and gives back. But to try to talk to people who have grudges for some reason won't work. You probably did something wrong and didn't like the response because if you really knew jim you would not think the things you write. same old same old negativity in wi as usual. I am sure you go down on saturdays to help get fields ready after all of the damage...not.
Kevin

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

same old wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the fools in town. So the only way you can do anything for a town that you live in is have a kid..can't just volunteer because you want to help? Always a reason for it. That is the reason for many but not for all. No i didn't get a team, I just know that He does do good for the league. He volunteers for a special team and gives back. But to try to talk to people who have grudges for some reason won't work. You probably did something wrong and didn't like the response because if you really knew jim you would not think the things you write. same old same old negativity in wi as usual. I am sure you go down on saturdays to help get fields ready after all of the damage...not.
Actually I'm helping my neighbors rebuild the home that they completely lost to Sandy. I help them on Saturdays, Sundays and when I can during my work week. I won't send my picture or my story into the Patch b/c I don't want or need the pat on the back like you clowns do. I help my neighbor b/c it's the right thing to do not b/c I want people to say I'm a nice guy.
It's called the Challenger League that ^special team^ you put a crown on Jims head for. Shows how much you know about your Saint Jim cause the Challenger League wasn't his idea and Jim only went with it for the publicity for himself when he was running for public office. Take a quarter out of your kids piggy bank and buy yourself a clue. Take 50 cents more and buy yourself a brain cell. You're embarassing.
THE KayFIX

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

same old wrote:
<quoted text>
We leave the shack off the little league bookkeeping because then it might get commingled with the player fees and would be harder to get our fair take. Alcus and gang only take what is fair. They only make five thousand a week off shack. After you take cost of the goods from Costco out of that you are really only left with a few thousand. Split a few ways it is really not much for running challenger league which isnt easy. Please give us some ideas for using the insurance claim proceeds. All ideas welcome.
jim

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

THE KayFIX wrote:
<quoted text>
We leave the shack off the little league bookkeeping because then it might get commingled with the player fees and would be harder to get our fair take. Alcus and gang only take what is fair. They only make five thousand a week off shack. After you take cost of the goods from Costco out of that you are really only left with a few thousand. Split a few ways it is really not much for running challenger league which isnt easy. Please give us some ideas for using the insurance claim proceeds. All ideas welcome.
Well, we uhh they could use the shack cash to pay for all hotel rooms @ the Huntington Hilton where we uhh they stay for the champion breakfast. We uhh they usually use the $ from the breakfast ticket sales. I love the champion breakfast cause we uhhh they take in so much $CASH$ selling all the raffles tickets and the 50/50 is just more cream on the top of our uhhhh their take. It's a great untracable cash maker for all of us uhhhh them especially around the holidays and all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••