How the Bible helps Pence navigate hi...

How the Bible helps Pence navigate his role as Trump's vice president

There are 33 comments on the USA Today story from Jan 21, 2018, titled How the Bible helps Pence navigate his role as Trump's vice president. In it, USA Today reports that:

Jan 20, 2017; Washington, DC, USA; Vice President-elect Mike Pence takes the oath of office next to his wife Karen Pence during the 2017 Presidential Inauguration at the U.S. Capitol. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas administered the oath of office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 21, 2018
Mike Pence is a fawning, self-serving phony.

Location hidden

#2 Jan 21, 2018
Mike Pence is potentially just as dangerous as Donald Trump, but he's easier to read. HIs ludicrous, supercilious pseudo-religiosity can be fought and contained. Trump is a moving target, thus more difficult to shoot down.
Cath League of Duncecy

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 21, 2018
I think his wife not lettering him go without her where there's going to be both other males and alcohol is what helps Mullah Pence navigate his public career as devout, jeesus family man.

Meanwhile, he works for about the most hateful Administration in US history. A Christianity like that almost begins to make the taliban's smashing of Buddhist sculpture look like the golden rule in action.
General Kabaka Oba

Goshen, IN

#4 Jan 21, 2018
Cath League of Duncecy wrote:
I think his wife not lettering him go without her where there's going to be both other males and alcohol is what helps Mullah Pence navigate his public career as devout, jeesus family man.

Meanwhile, he works for about the most hateful Administration in US history. A Christianity like that almost begins to make the taliban's smashing of Buddhist sculpture look like the golden rule in action.
Why don't you and Wolf get a room, pervert!
READ

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2018

Jesus hated thieves. Haven't you heard how he got angry and upset tables and whipped people once.
Illegal aliens are coming in as thieves.
LIMnologist

Dieppe, Canada

#6 Jan 21, 2018

Why not move to Afghanistan for a year and then let us all know what it was like?

Make sure you wear a t-shirt everyday that says "I'm American".

Oh my Skippy, you don't know what hate really is.
Cath League of Duncecy

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 21, 2018
LIMnologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not move to Afghanistan for a year and then let us all know what it was like?
Because the US ruined it, and because quality of life in Afghanistan or Iraq or Syria is not generally a standard we apply for Western democracies to compete against.

I'd enjoy living in any number of foreign countries if I could.

Also, your grade school response did not address the hypocrisy of oh so xstain theocrat Pence. you're stupid and brainwashed.
Cath League of Duncecy

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jan 21, 2018
READ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus hated thieves. Haven't you heard how he got angry and upset tables and whipped people once.
Illegal aliens are coming in as thieves.
You have virtually no factual basis to claim that the undocumented are a net loss for the US. But you know you hate minorities, even if you'll deny it.

Also, the supposed buybull supposedly hated lack of hospitality.
READ

United States

#9 Jan 22, 2018
<quoted text>

You have virtually no factual basis to claim that the undocumented are a net loss for the US. But you know you hate minorities, even if you'll deny it.

Also, the supposed buybull supposedly hated lack of hospitality.
To come in the country illegally and expect legal citizens to take care of you until you get on your feet and then put you ahead of all others who are waiting to come legally is like coming in as a thief. Should America suffer thieves? The Bible doesn't require people to be fools. Jesus talked about a man who rented out a vineyard and the renter thieved from him and he sent people to try to get the renter to do the right thing and they disrespected and beat them and he even sent his son to them and they killed him. Jesus asked what would that landowner do and the answer was that he would miserably destroy those renters and take his vineyard back.
Baptist ism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jan 22, 2018
READ wrote:
<quoted text>
To come in the country illegally and expect legal citizens to take care of you until
The vast bulk of the undocumented do not come here illegally, retardate. The bulk arrive legally, mostly by air, with paperwork and then overstay. That is a civil violation, not a criminal matter.

If you're concerned about crime then you should start trying to deport more criminal-than-immigrants US citizens.

You didn't address that you have no evidence that any sort of group of immigrants are a net loss to the US in economic or any other terms. You merely let your white supremacism [sic] color everything you fake state as unmoored fact.
General Kabaka Oba

Goshen, IN

#11 Jan 22, 2018
<quoted text>

Because the US ruined it, and because quality of life in Afghanistan or Iraq or Syria is not generally a standard we apply for Western democracies to compete against.

I'd enjoy living in any number of foreign countries if I could.

Also, your grade school response did not address the hypocrisy of oh so xstain theocrat Pence. you're stupid and brainwashed.
Name some of those foreign countrys.
america first policy

Cabot, AR

#12 Jan 22, 2018
The U.S. keeps taking their oil. Your welcome folks! ;-D
READ

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2018
Baptist ism by Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>

The vast bulk of the undocumented do not come here illegally, retardate. The bulk arrive legally, mostly by air, with paperwork and then overstay. That is a civil violation, not a criminal matter.

If you're concerned about crime then you should start trying to deport more criminal-than-immigrants US citizens.

You didn't address that you have no evidence that any sort of group of immigrants are a net loss to the US in economic or any other terms. You merely let your white supremacism [sic] color everything you fake state as unmoored fact.
Did you read the rest of my post or just the first part? To act like you own the place and you can make your own rules, is like a thief just playing nice until he can take advantage of the system. People from other countries must come in the front gate and continue to do what is required and walk straight in. We can't allow sneaking thieves to prosper until they turn around and come in the right way and give up their illegal dreams.
DR X

Greenfield, IN

#14 Jan 22, 2018

Hey, don't blame "Mother" for keeping him on a short leash. There was that time he got arrested for lewd behavior at a certain I-70 rest stop 20 years ago, but luckily he had connections to get that taken care of. And that time he embezzled all those campaign funds in the 1990's to pay off someone else's credit cards for whatever reason. You can google that one up yourself.
Baptist ism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jan 22, 2018
READ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the rest of my post or just the first part? To act like you own the place and you can make your own rules, is like a thief just playing nice until he can take advantage of the system.
I support rules of intellectual honesty. You used the word "thief," racist. Yet you have no basis to say that immigrants of any kind take more than they contribute, net.

What "thievery," cretin? The heritage of your slave holding or of your white supremacism [sic]? Be specific.
Baptist ism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jan 22, 2018
General Kabaka Oba wrote:
<quoted text>
Name some of those foreign countrys.
Right wingers = mentally deficient.

What _countries_ I would like to live in has nothing to do with the argument I just made, moron.

If you want to know more about the world than you racistly, ignorantly, xenophobically do, then I suggest you do an internet search for any of the major quality of life listings for various countries.
READ

United States

#17 Jan 22, 2018
<quoted text>

I support rules of intellectual honesty. You used the word "thief," racist. Yet you have no basis to say that immigrants of any kind take more than they contribute, net.

What "thievery," cretin? The heritage of your slave holding or of your white supremacism [sic]? Be specific.
First off, illegal aliens are here because somebody stealthily either disregarded the law or secretly came here. That in itself is practicing taking something without right and keeping and making use of it wrongfully. It is not just to surreptitiously come here without permission. To demand appropriations and to make someone who disregards the law the focus of favor, is stealing from honorable people who try their best to respect it.
General Kabaka Oba

Goshen, IN

#18 Jan 22, 2018
<quoted text>

Right wingers = mentally deficient.

What _countries_ I would like to live in has nothing to do with the argument I just made, moron.

If you want to know more about the world than you racistly, ignorantly, xenophobically do, then I suggest you do an internet search for any of the major quality of life listings for various countries.
"I'd enjoy living in any number of foreign countries if I could" You said it so why so angry?
Haiti, El Salvador, maybe somewhere on the continent of Africa or would you really like to live somewhere safe and not a sh!thole country, maybe Norway? come out with it, I'm dying to know.
Red Crosse

Greenfield, IN

#19 Jan 22, 2018
So the party of family values is OK with the fact that Trump used campaign contributions to pay hush money to a p*rn star he had an affair with?

And what was he out doing barebacking p*rn stars a month after his son was just born, anyway?

Any Trump supporter going to explain away this one?

Location hidden

#20 Jan 22, 2018
General Kabaka Oba wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'd enjoy living in any number of foreign countries if I could" You said it so why so angry?
Haiti, El Salvador, maybe somewhere on the continent of Africa or would you really like to live somewhere safe and not a sh!thole country, maybe Norway? come out with it, I'm dying to know.
Is that a promise?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleanup underway after rare, powerful storm ham... Aug 9 Climate change 1
News Harp: Fight Census Question Aug 8 Fartonbillyc 6
News Kirstjen Nielsen and Brock Long visited Puerto ... Aug 6 Wock Wong 3
News Hurricane season will demand more of all of us Jul 30 Walter glen stockton 2
News South Florida's rising seas and stronger hurric... Jul 28 The General Rober... 6
News Duck boat probe will check if Coast Guard rules... Jul 26 Sam i am 3
News A serious thunderstorm passes through downtown ... Jul 22 WorkAvoider 2