Looming Humanitarian Crisis' In Mindanao

Dec 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manila Bulletin

MANILA, Philippines --- A top-level crisis management team similar to the one deployed during the full search for the late Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo should be assigned in Mindanao to address a "looming humanitarian crisis" in areas badly hit by typhoon "Pablo." The United Nationalist Alliance aired this proposal yesterday, citing the "rising ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Apolinario Mabini

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Just what brought about this crisis,...unprepardness, human weaknesses or simply indifference to the law against logging? We all mourn those who lost their lives in the worst typhoon , but we rise in anger at the people who let logging go uncontrolled. To be blameed also are the people who cut down the trees to make money and what do they get in return,..natures vengeance on them by causing so much destruction and loss of lives. They are mostly to blame ! Nature will always fight back on such indiscriminate logging. May this serve as a lesson to these kind of people,....they deserve it !
Lilia Quezon

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

A lot of Filipinos have yet to experience many calamities before they realize that it is their ignorance and stupidity that is the cause of all tyhe disasters wrought by the typhoons that have left thousands homeless and dead. Nature will fight back and nobody escapes her trail of destruction. I have no pity for most of this people who ignore the laws against logging. Many are guilty, including Lawmakers themselves who care less for the peoples welfare for as long as they stand to make money for themselves. The President must make this his responsibility to order their arrest and imprisonment . No more coddling please,....
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Where are the Catholic priests and nuns??? Why are they showing up only when officiating Masses for the dead???

What a shameless spurious religion!!! Still drunk with power!!! Still the historical criminal and landgrabber:

"the power of the Church (Catholic) has been used in history to do the devil's work."

Reference:(Hastings, Adrian. In Filial Disobedience, p. 127.)

Improve your low I.Q.!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

The Catholic faithfuls have the right to demand action from Catholic leaders!!! Their faithfuls are hungry and are badly in need!!! No Mary and "Pedo" Calungsod came to help!!!

The problem could be partly solved if the Catholic Church would dispense of Her landgrabbed properties or distribute part of the scam profits for the benefit of hapless Catholic members!!!

Rocket science is not needed here but just a mere improvement of the low I.Q!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Where's the money that the Catholic Church got from the Combined Federal Campaign??? Why not use it in alleviating the plight of the poor Catholics???

Meanwhile, do not attempt to receive doleouts from the Catholic Church in the form of fake currencies:

"In contemporary history one is reminded again of the scandals in the center of Roman Catholicism. Bank scandals, counterfeiting, laundering of Mafia money from illegal business,(Narcotics, prostitution, kidnapping, etc.) name it you have it, kickbacks, hidden wealth-connections with the Mafia, the CIA, Communists and subtle hypocritical connections within the P2 (Propaganda Due-a secret and powerful Masonic Group headed by Licio Gelli).

"The graft and corruption involves billions of dollars. All these eventually leads to the untimely and tragic death of Pope John 1 (Albino Cardinal Luciani) who occupied the papacy for only 33 days ending on September 28, 1978. Research and formal investigations show evidences to murder!"
Reference:(Fajardo, Reynaldo T. Bulletin Today, April 16, 1986, p. 8.)

Beware of countefeit currencies being circulated by agents of the Catholic Church!!! Try not to be ceceived this time!!!

Improve your low I.Q.!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Elias, just be honest with yourself and gain respect from your community. Spreading lies and hatred are the works of Satan.

You need to be exorcist!
Balasubas

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Lilia Quezon wrote:
A lot of Filipinos have yet to experience many calamities before they realize that it is their ignorance and stupidity that is the cause of all tyhe disasters wrought by the typhoons that have left thousands homeless and dead. Nature will fight back and nobody escapes her trail of destruction. I have no pity for most of this people who ignore the laws against logging. Many are guilty, including Lawmakers themselves who care less for the peoples welfare for as long as they stand to make money for themselves. The President must make this his responsibility to order their arrest and imprisonment . No more coddling please,....
we all know the asnwer to this, unpreparedness, lazyness, corruption, abuse of the environment, undisciplined population, no rule of law, no respect for the law what we Pilipinos are known for, these calamities are nothing new it happens everyear a dozen of times a year and yet we are always not prepared, no air assets nothing. who is to blame but the people themselves. and this will continue until the people finally learn and take action.
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyy

Las Piņas, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Balasubas wrote:
<quoted text>
we all know the asnwer to this, unpreparedness, lazyness, corruption, abuse of the environment, undisciplined population, no rule of law, no respect for the law what we Pilipinos are known for, these calamities are nothing new it happens everyear a dozen of times a year and yet we are always not prepared, no air assets nothing. who is to blame but the people themselves. and this will continue until the people finally learn and take action.
And what action would you have 'the people' take ??? prehaps you could come home and lead your fellow filinos in this 'action'????
Balasubas

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

no excuses, just look at how japan deal with their natural disasters which are more devastating than in Philippines, like the Tsunami at Fukushima. Now they have transformed that damaged area back to it was before the disaster in a matter of one year. they also have a very efficient relief operations and well equipped. Japan is also a typhoon belt area and have earthquakes every year. and us? it look like the end of the world for the Philippines. they are just so helpless, ignorant and stupid in disaster relief and reconstruction. I read in news typhoon victims are going into starvation and chasing rats for food. and yet they said and brag they have 7.1% economic growth and the fastest in Asia right now. lollll what a joke.
Balasubas

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

heres kennyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:
<quoted text>
And what action would you have 'the people' take ??? prehaps you could come home and lead your fellow filinos in this 'action'????
what action? well, I just mentioned it above. corruption, lazyness, dysfunctional government, undisciplined citinzenry, no rule of law. etc. Im not going back due to these problems which were already there when I left and still there. lol. I already did my part when I was there. I used to work for the government and even participated in some demonstrations. I had it thats why I left and im not going back. its your turn who are there since you folks live there then you make the change. but the way it is change will happen there after a 100 yrs IMHO. Just ask Congressman Pacquiao, Governor Vilma Santos and senator Tito Sotto. to name a few. lolll.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Balasubas wrote:
<quoted text>
what action? well, I just mentioned it above. corruption, lazyness, dysfunctional government, undisciplined citinzenry, no rule of law. etc. Im not going back due to these problems which were already there when I left and still there. lol. I already did my part when I was there. I used to work for the government and even participated in some demonstrations. I had it thats why I left and im not going back. its your turn who are there since you folks live there then you make the change. but the way it is change will happen there after a 100 yrs IMHO. Just ask Congressman Pacquiao, Governor Vilma Santos and senator Tito Sotto. to name a few. lolll.
Good luck Balasubas.

In the USA, I could see the helpless faces of elderly people living alone. Even the rich when old could not depend on their children to take care of them ; children prefer to bring their elderly in homes.

Whereas those who want to live decently during their aging period, they go back to PH. I heard even doctors and professionals. There is a great great difference of elderly living alone in the USA compared to elderly in the Philippines who are surrounded by their families to take care of them.

Corruption is everywhere, even in the USA.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I know a retired Doctor who claimed not leaving the USA as his apartment is free and has a little pension.

Now I heard from his friend that he is back to PH and enjoying eating crispy pata. I was told the crispy pata has no fat at all and they love the bangus belly.. and they're walking a lot as their arthritis due to cold weather are gone, thanks to the hot weather of PH.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Now an elderly woman who is living alone with disability is going back and forth to the hospital. No caretaker can stay long as she is masungit, spoiled brat rich person. She's afraid to be brought to a home if she can't find a caretaker.

Good her last caretaker who left is willing to give her another chance.

She might go back to PH as she has a big family of brothers, sisters and relatives who are willing to take care of her.
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyy

Las Piņas, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Balasubas wrote:
<quoted text>
well i seem to recall many people sayin that about the RH bill too -yet here we bill passed.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
well i seem to recall many people sayin that about the RH bill too -yet here we bill passed.
and ohh wow only after 11 years and some vigorous arm twisting over lunch by the president?

at least its done.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Lol wrote:
I know a retired Doctor who claimed not leaving the USA as his apartment is free and has a little pension.
Now I heard from his friend that he is back to PH and enjoying eating crispy pata. I was told the crispy pata has no fat at all and they love the bangus belly.. and they're walking a lot as their arthritis due to cold weather are gone, thanks to the hot weather of PH.
you heard , you heard , you heard , its all hearsay that you heard and you heard that crispy pata has no fat? fantasy is what you heard.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
Where's the money that the Catholic Church got from the Combined Federal Campaign??? Why not use it in alleviating the plight of the poor Catholics???
Meanwhile, do not attempt to receive doleouts from the Catholic Church in the form of fake currencies:
"In contemporary history one is reminded again of the scandals in the center of Roman Catholicism. Bank scandals, counterfeiting, laundering of Mafia money from illegal business,(Narcotics, prostitution, kidnapping, etc.) name it you have it, kickbacks, hidden wealth-connections with the Mafia, the CIA, Communists and subtle hypocritical connections within the P2 (Propaganda Due-a secret and powerful Masonic Group headed by Licio Gelli).
"The graft and corruption involves billions of dollars. All these eventually leads to the untimely and tragic death of Pope John 1 (Albino Cardinal Luciani) who occupied the papacy for only 33 days ending on September 28, 1978. Research and formal investigations show evidences to murder!"
Reference:(Fajardo, Reynaldo T. Bulletin Today, April 16, 1986, p. 8.)
Beware of countefeit currencies being circulated by agents of the Catholic Church!!! Try not to be ceceived this time!!!
Improve your low I.Q.!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
your mouth so full of dog shite spewing hatred and not one word about any good that the "inc" is doing to help those people?

if i was a follower of rapists and murderers and pedophiles id keep my god damned mouth shut.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
you heard , you heard , you heard , its all hearsay that you heard and you heard that crispy pata has no fat? fantasy is what you heard.
lol lol lol, getting cranky AMC? If they say the crispy pata has no fat, so be it. If they want to eat the "fat" for sure it's their cholesterol that will go up..........
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyy

Las Piņas, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
and ohh wow only after 11 years and some vigorous arm twisting over lunch by the president?
at least its done.
I think it has been on the books 14 years -but yes -at least its done -next hurdle = get the money allocated for that to be spent on that !! good luck with that part lol.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think it has been on the books 14 years -but yes -at least its done -next hurdle = get the money allocated for that to be spent on that !! good luck with that part lol.
maybe part of it will make into city clinics, but i know where it will go out here in the province.

the sex education wont make it to the classrooms, because quite frankly the teachers arent qualified to teach it when they are still teaching superstitious beliefs as facts.

any free contraceptives will probably be sold.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••