Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island

Oct 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NJ.com

Hello all, welcome from Mystic Island. For those who have never heard of Mystic Island - I'm guessing that's about 95 percent of New Jersey - it's a community at the southernmost edge of Ocean County, part of Little Egg Harbor Township and next to Tuckerton.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of250
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
James LeFavi

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

I grew up in Mystic Islands NJ, at 571 Lakewood court. I would love to see some pictures of whats left after Sandy. As far as I know my sister Jeannie still owns the home I grew up in if anyone sees this post please ask her to send me an email
James Lefavi
mike

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

If anyone has some info that would be great
Cait

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

I too would love any info available. We have a house on Osborn Island and I'm afraid but anxious to find out how it weathered the storm.
John

Marlton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Mystic Island and Osbourne are disaster areas right now. They aren't letting anyone in.
NIck

Drexel Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I heard Beach Heaven West is in very bad shape. Police blocking Millcreek Rd. Good luck to all.
sam

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

My uncle who lives there said he has heard it kind of looks like new Orleans after the flood. And Beverly's is completely wiped out and so is Scotts bait and tackle and the marina is completely wiped out . I'm pretty sure we lost our boat
Kim

Bridgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Does anyone know status of Brigantine Beach Club? Hope all is safe, and thanks.
Lynn

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I have my mom here with me in Hamilton Square. She lives on Mystic Island. We can't find any info about her area. We are all very nervous and anxious to know what's going on. When she evacuated on Sunday, Twin Lakes Blvd was taking on water. Does anyone have any updates or pictures of the area???
andy

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hey Sam - which marina? Munro's? I pulled my boat and blocked it there - hopefully the blocks were high enough.

Any news as to how high the water came up? I'm down on Shrewsbury DR.
lindsay

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

my grandmum lives at the end of twin lakes blvd in mystic island. does any one have an info.we'd like to know what kind of damage we should prepare her for.
Kevin

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Any news of West Creek? Got a place on Dock Road 3/4 mile down from Route 9 / Tipps Hardware. Any guess of the height of storm surge there?
Maryann

Swarthmore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

NIck wrote:
I heard Beach Heaven West is in very bad shape. Police blocking Millcreek Rd. Good luck to all.
Are you talking mill creek road in manahawkin
andy

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hey Sam - which marina? Munro's? I pulled my boat and blocked it there - hopefully the blocks were high enough.

Any news as to how high the water came up? I'm down on Shrewsbury DR
Lois

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Any news about lake superor drive West Creek Marina's
andy

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I just got a call from a neighbor who was evacuated on Sunday at 6PM - DO NOT ATTEMPT to go to Mystic Island. The police are not letting anyone in. Her husband tried to go during low tide and was turned around. There is no power. People in shelters might be able to return tomorrow. One friend who is off big creek had 27" of water in his house. It is not pretty.
Jenny

Elmer, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hey everyone.. we live just before the Osbourne island bridge... if anyone is still in the area and could give me an update please do. Thank You!
james

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lynn wrote:
I have my mom here with me in Hamilton Square. She lives on Mystic Island. We can't find any info about her area. We are all very nervous and anxious to know what's going on. When she evacuated on Sunday, Twin Lakes Blvd was taking on water. Does anyone have any updates or pictures of the area???
Tey are not letting anyone down twin lakes. I heard there were 5 houses burnt, I'm worried too but Icalled west tuckerton fire dept and they said vehicles are not ablr or allowed to travel into Mystic especially twin lakes blvd. sorry, I'm with ya though. This was 10 am tues morning
Christina

Oaklyn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Anyone know or have any photos of the damage on Mystic Island. My parents, brother, aunt and grandmother all live there and we haven't heard much from them as the power is out. Heard it was really bad. I know that there was a fire on Playhouse where at least three homes burned after a trampoline went airbourne and brought down a transformer. Nothing about this area on the news.
Pam

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I would be very interested to know if anyone has any infomation about how Beach Rd on Osborn Island has faired. My parents have a home there and are anxious for any news.
andy

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

UPDATE - they are now allowing people down twin lakes to check their houses. Houses on E shrewsbury had about 10" inside of water per my neighbor who called me from the street. crawl spaces are still filled with water. boats, floating docks, debris all over the place. Still no power.
Consider all first floor items sitting on the floor trashed no matter where you have a house in the area. good luck to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of250
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••