The Heat Is On, And It's Time To Prepare

There are 54 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Aug 17, 2012, titled The Heat Is On, And It's Time To Prepare. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Whether you look globally or locally, the last several months featured heat, heat and more heat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#41 Aug 22, 2012
FuGyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Having taken some time away from this forum, haven't you yet realised you're completely wasting your time here?

#42 Aug 22, 2012
FuGyou wrote:
These are the two fanciful notions that deniers want you to believe.
I don't know any "deniers."
SpaceBlues

United States

#43 Aug 22, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
'Don't like who anymore' and what has that got to do with the subject at hand?
I understand everytime we conduct an experiment or observe a function in real time we learn something. Sometimes what we learn is what we thought we knew, wasn't right. Many ideas about solar activity have been updated with new information.
The solar constant is no longer constant. We discovered just how much high low activity in the minimums between cycles impacted climate. Didn't think that mattered before, but after cycles 21 and 22 scientists discovered it mattered a lot.
Subject at hand is still CO2 warming due to man's activities.

You always forget the two m's, man and mathematics regarding their roles in CO2 warming. Is there an experiment involving the Sun?
SpaceBlues

United States

#44 Aug 22, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Having taken some time away from this forum,..?
LOL. You weren't missed when you stayed away from the heat yesterday.

without you!
litesong

Everett, WA

#45 Aug 22, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
haven't you yet realised you're completely wasting your time here?
No time is wasted when in opposition to a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig named "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" & other slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig &/or threatener topix AGW deniers.

More news of interest to slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig topix AGW deniers:

Obama snared 94 percent of African Americans surveyed, the presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney got nuthin’, zilch, niente, a big fat 0 percent.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#46 Aug 23, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
It was thought that CO2 forcing would cause the world to warm. It's not as if we've seen rapid warming for the past few decades, is it?
http://www.carbonbrief.org/media/103940/decad...
'Rapid' instead of rapid, why not put in the acutal calculations and then compare to say the 30 years prior to 1947.

Temps have increased .7*C in 160 years, that's not all that rapid. The increase in temps started before the increase in CO2. Historically that's what is recorded in the ice core data.

So was it increasing temps that caused increasing CO2?
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#47 Aug 23, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Subject at hand is still CO2 warming due to man's activities.
You always forget the two m's, man and mathematics regarding their roles in CO2 warming. Is there an experiment involving the Sun?
We observe the sun. The closest experiment to date is the Pinatubo event I described earlier. We didn't 'set that up' so to call it a real experiment would be wrong as the parameters were not controlled. But scientists were ready to observe what happened.

It's what's called lucky, when opportunity meets preparation.

#48 Aug 23, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
Temps have increased .7ºC in 160 years, that's not all that rapid. The increase in temps started before the increase in CO2. Historically that's what is recorded in the ice core data.
So was it increasing temps that caused increasing CO2?
I'm inclined to agree with scientists who suggest that it was a bit of both, with the majority being natural.
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#49 Aug 23, 2012
http://www.globalchange.gov/publications/repo...

shows

http://www.globalchange.gov/HighResImages/1-G...

where you see the global surface temperature rising regardless of the Sun's 11-year cycle. This is due to increasing burning of fossil fuels. Here's a comparison of natural with human effects:

SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#50 Aug 23, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm inclined to agree with scientists who suggest that it was a bit of both, with the majority being natural.
LOL. You write your own material.

What is your evidence to both statements?

You don't agree with this!

#51 Aug 23, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
We observe the sun. The closest experiment to date is the Pinatubo event I described earlier. We didn't 'set that up' so to call it a real experiment would be wrong as the parameters were not controlled. But scientists were ready to observe what happened.
It's what's called lucky, when opportunity meets preparation.
Spambrat isn't interested in anything that doesn't fit the agenda of those he worships, not even fact.
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#52 Aug 23, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text> isn't interested in anything that doesn't fit the agenda of those he worships, not even fact.
LOL. You worship me.

Ewwww.

#53 Aug 23, 2012
Hey, Spambrat, the heat is on and it's time to prepare, so how are you getting on with your preparations?

I suggest you purchase a large box of everlasting, washable condoms.
The thought of you reproducing is a nightmare.
PHD

Houston, TX

#54 Aug 23, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Hey, Spambrat, the heat is on and it's time to prepare, so how are you getting on with your preparations?
I suggest you purchase a large box of everlasting, washable condoms.
The thought of you reproducing is a nightmare.
There you have it more hate and useless babble. You are in no position to make suggestions. Do seek help soon real soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heat Wave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heat warning in effect until Friday in Halton H... Aug 14 locally lucky 4
News Earth Matters: Historical heat waves a reminder... Aug 12 Fruity McFaggot 8
News It's Really Hot In DC, So Fed Workers Were Told... Aug 5 Bravo Uniform Mike 3
News Heat wave, drought showing no signs of slowing ... Jul '16 YouDidntBuildThat 2
News Excessive heat warning issued as Democratic con... Jul '16 fell that BERN 1
News 'Corn sweat' heat domes are becoming more commo... Jul '16 Acolyte 1
News Hundreds of children have been shot so far in 2... Jul '16 bozo 2
More from around the web