The Heat Is On, And It's Time To Prepare

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: ThinkProgress 54

Whether you look globally or locally, the last several months featured heat, heat and more heat.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Aug 17, 2012
I'm prepared, have been for many years.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#2 Aug 17, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Old man, you're simply prepared to check out before the bill arrives.

#3 Aug 18, 2012
Nauseous wrote:
Son, my bill is paid, I'm a full member.
Dig deep, you won't feel a thing.
ֿ
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#4 Aug 18, 2012
Northie wrote:
//////////
'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling' wrote:
my bill is paid, I'm a full member.
//////////
litesong wrote:
atheist 'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling' has no idea what bill he has to pay. His delusion is his exit will be painless.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Aug 18, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
I have been preparing. Updated furnace and AC, new windows, and I have been learning how to grow vegies. I'd do chickens, but here in town, they are prohibited.

I think food security will become an issue. Not so much here, but in other parts of the world that rely on us.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Aug 18, 2012
litesong wrote:
Northie wrote:
//////////
'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling' wrote:
my bill is paid, I'm a full member.
//////////
litesong wrote:
atheist 'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling' has no idea what bill he has to pay. His delusion is his exit will be painless.
Hateful, what a sad space to be in. I hope you will have an epiphany that will rid you of the hate and feelings of inadequacy you carry with you.

May you someday be a happy person.

#7 Aug 18, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
I have been preparing. Updated furnace and AC
Still no A/C here, but I fitted one new ceiling fan last year.
The temp has only reached 39.5C (103.1F) so far this year.
Fun Facts wrote:
new windows, and I have been learning how to grow veg[g]ies. I'd do chickens, but here in town they are prohibited.
I think food security will become an issue. Not so much here, but in other parts of the world that rely on us.
Thank goodness we don't rely on the US, Spain is pretty much self sufficient as far as basics are concerned.
Fun Facts wrote:
Hateful, what a sad space to be in. I hope you will have an epiphany that will rid you of the hate and feelings of inadequacy you carry with you.

Four years later, his epiphany is a long time coming.
ֿ
PHD

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 18, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Still no A/C here, but I fitted one new ceiling fan last year.
The temp has only reached 39.5C (103.1F) so far this year.<quoted text>Thank goodness we don't rely on the US, Spain is pretty much self sufficient as far as basics are concerned.<quoted text>Four years later, his epiphany is a long time coming.
ֿ
Sorry didn't know that you were poverty stricken. Maybe when your country becomes solvent again you may be able to collect your entitlements. How do you fit a ceiling fan? Is this another case of useless babble? Oh maybe you trimmed the blades.

#9 Aug 19, 2012
PHDumbo wrote:
Well you can't pass on any top secrets babble not allowed."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"There you have it "budd"" the commander dirtling running its hate babble again. The dirtling starves for attention and on occasion runs out of its meds. You are correct the dirtling is hateful and uses hitler as its mentor."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"WOW the Less than a Box of Rocks continues the babble of a one child from the left behind program. Why don't you go away your scarring the children of the world. Hay your the reason we may have global warming from all that hot air you spew."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"And your status would be? Yes its a less than zero. You must do better remember your the commander of babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"There you have it folks the dirtling shows its hate again. Hay the copy and paste thing was brought to your attention by many being your forte. What would be a compliment is tossing out your useless babble and show all your own work. No one can compete with you on fiction your the commander of babble i.e. fiction."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More oe incorrect babble from the dirtling."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More than any hate babble that you spew daily.Now take your meds. "
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"I bit like a virus sure. Unlike you that is a virus of stupid useless babble.Hay dirling forget to take your meds today? "
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Is this another case of useless babble?"
Something tells me this guy needs a useful hobby, I mean there's unimaginative and then there's PHDumbo.
Playing with traffic would do him some good.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10 Aug 19, 2012
in Wales we are still waiting for the scorching hot summers and mild winters promised by Fat Al. Like all his promises, it hasn't happened. It still snows some winters, it gets hot sometimes, mostly it rains. No chance of a drought here, we sell water to England. Also, a few days of hot weather in the UK is NOT "global warming" but a summer heat wave. Gore said by 2010 we would be as hot as Spain , and be swamped by Spanish people fleeing from the heat. But I still have to fly top Spain for any real hot weather that lasts for more than 2 days.

#11 Aug 19, 2012
DudTenners wrote:
in Wales we are still waiting for the scorching hot summers and mild winters promised by Fat Al. Like all his promises, it hasn't happened. It still snows some winters, it gets hot sometimes, mostly it rains. No chance of a drought here, we sell water to England. Also, a few days of hot weather in the UK is NOT "global warming" but a summer heat wave. Gore said by 2010 we would be as hot as Spain , and be swamped by Spanish people fleeing from the heat. But I still have to fly top Spain for any real hot weather that lasts for more than 2 days.
We're having a long, extended heatwave, and to be honest, I'm loving it, even though it's uncomfortable at times.
When it gest too hot, I simply stop and think about how cold winter is going to be, then I feel fine.

Mrs E advises me that France and Germany are having a similarly hot time in the old town, so you don't have to travel this far to find the Sun, apparently.
Either that or cuddle up to a sheep.
ֿ
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#12 Aug 19, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
The temp has only reached 39.5C (103.1F) so far this year.<quoted text>Thank goodness we don't rely on the US,
Dear Mr. Dirtling. Yes, we know you live in a 'Mediterranean climate' protected against the rigors of normal climate swings by large bodies of water on both sides.

But most of us don't.
www.youtube.com/watch...

So your aristocratic rants about how comfortable YOU are (and of course, others with enough money) don't have much impact. Why not go back to the UK and suffer the climate THERE.

#13 Aug 19, 2012
Now let me see, what was it that Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty used to call YouTube?
Ah, yes, I think it was YouBoob.

"How are the mighty fallen" who claim that forty is spelt with a U, that spelt is only an ancient grain, then does a 180 and decides YouBoob is the real deal.
ֿ
PHD

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 19, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Something tells me this guy needs a useful hobby, I mean there's unimaginative and then there's PHDumbo.
Playing with traffic would do him some good.
Well theres intelligent dialogue and theres dirtling with the stupid useless babble. Hay dirtling you never answered the question. Is the useless babble confusing you again? Inserting your head in a commode would increase your mental capacity.

#15 Aug 19, 2012
I hope everyone's enjoying PHDumbo's drivel:
PHDumbo wrote:
Well you can't pass on any top secrets babble not

allowed."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"There you have it "budd"" the commander dirtling running its hate babble

again."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"WOW the Less than a Box of Rocks continues the babble of a one child from

the left behind program. Why don't you go away your scarring[sic] the children

of the world. Hay your the reason we may have global warming from all that

hot air you spew."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"And your status would be? Yes its a less than zero. You must do better

remember your the commander of babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"What would be a compliment is tossing out your useless babble and show all

your own work. No one can compete with you on fiction your the commander

of babble i.e. fiction."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More oe[sic] incorrect babble from the dirtling."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More than any hate babble that you spew daily.Now take your meds. "
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"I bit like a virus sure. Unlike you that is a virus of stupid useless babble.Hay

dirling forget to take your meds today?"
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Is this another case of useless babble?"
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More hate and useless bae from the dirtling."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"The real problem is your useless babble. The other would be your hot air

causing climate change."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Hay dirtling if you had any best principles you wouldn't babble. YOU

HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTION. Show us your work the cut and

paste is getting old. Hay PHDumdo knows how to spell continuous. Your

confusing your!! self!! with the useless hot air babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"I respectively[sic] correct you. You forgot the dirtling."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"And don' forget the dirtling is the commander of useless babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Now youre talking in your normal less than zero education. You do better

with you useless babble. Hay the world is cooling spew more hot air."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"More useless babble from the commander of babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"You ran out of useless babble so you resort to the usual copy and paste

thing.Well dirtling any more useless babble you wish to offer or will you

continue the copy and paste thing?"
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Well do tell all youre the one that posts in spanglish do explain. Hay dirtling

try your best to refrain from the useless babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Again you don't have any best principles unless you count the USELESS

BABBLE you spew daily."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"True but we have the durtling out there to spew more useless babble."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Wow I bet you can cut and paste www.useless babble and would find a

description of you the dirtling."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Well there you have it again folks. The dirtling can't answer the question and

rants on with more cut and paste and useless babble. So boring that you come

back for more. Hay dirtling look at the bright side you managed to make an

ASSumption of your self again."
<<<<<<< <<<<<
"Well theres intelligent dialogue and theres dirtling with the stupid useless babble. Hay dirtling you never answered the question. Is the useless babble confusing you again? Inserting your head in a commode would increase your mental capacity."
More to come, of that there's no doubt.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#16 Aug 20, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's you that's going to be having the epiphany: instead of 30 years of cooling as you seem to think is going to happen, all you're going to see is more warming. Eventually at some point you'll realise that the scientific evidence was right and you'll understand the feelings of those who recognised it and accepted it and were concerned about the future of their children and grandchildren and were angry with people like you who denied the evidence for so long and spent so much time repeating lies.

If you want to talk about hate, look at the people like Earthling who know AGW is true but just don't care, because they want to see a world of struggle and hardship. You're own arrogant belief that you know better than the world's scientists is innocent in comparison. although you share the same despicable contempt for science.

#17 Aug 20, 2012
OMG, Fuggy's back on the tugging at heartstrings campaign trail.
I have news for him, children and grandchildren will be just as angry as they have always been.

Anyone wants to see hate, check out the post before this.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#18 Aug 20, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Still no A/C here, but I fitted one new ceiling fan last year.
The temp has only reached 39.5C (103.1F) so far this year.<quoted text>Thank goodness we don't rely on the US, Spain is pretty much self sufficient as far as basics are concerned.<quoted text>Four years later, his epiphany is a long time coming.
ֿ
And if there weren't any "Global Warming" it would have been 101.8F.
PHD

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 20, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
I hope everyone's enjoying PHDumbo's drivel:<quoted text>More to come, of that there's no doubt.
Its apparent that you enjoy it you respond directly and indirectly. Spreading useless babble and hatred towards world dirtling at its best. Now come on respond we know you can't wait.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#20 Aug 20, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Now let me see, what was it that Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty used to call YouTube?
Ah, yes, I think it was YouBoob.
The video was of a TV news show, not a 'made in my basement' skit. So watch it on news channels. I do not care how you get educated. As long as you start.. sometime..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heat Wave Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a Dangerously hot weathera in Southland shows n... Sep 15 Jack D 4
Heat wave hits San Diego this weekend Sep 12 Claudia 1
Labor Day 2050: Global Warming And The Coming C... Sep 1 SpaceBlues 1
July 2014 Was One Of Missouri's Coolest On Record Aug '14 not a liberal idiot 2
Real-estate sales on the upswing in Ontario's c... Aug '14 Kijiji vacation r... 2
Farmersville celebrates Audie Murphy Day (Jun '10) Aug '14 Jim Nabors 30
Weather History: July 21: Record temps, tropics... Jul '14 lmao 1

Heat Wave People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE