Carbon dioxide levels rose by second ...

Carbon dioxide levels rose by second highest rate; reaching global warming limits unlikely

There are 28 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 5, 2013, titled Carbon dioxide levels rose by second highest rate; reaching global warming limits unlikely. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The amount of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in the air jumped dramatically in 2012, making it very unlikely that global warming can be limited to another 2 degrees as many global leaders have hoped, new federal figures show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SpaceBlues

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Man-made carbon pollution is rising faster than worst-case scenarios that climate scientists used in their most recent international projections. "That means harmful effects of climate change will happen sooner," Pennsylvania State University climate scientist Michael Mann says.

Since: Mar 13

Boardman, OR

#2 Mar 5, 2013
yes, abrasive industry has risen to be a fast developing field. considering that, www.iabrasive.com offers an international platform for abrasive trade all over the world.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Scientists track carbon pollution both by monitoring what comes out of factories and what winds up in the atmosphere. Both are rising at rates faster than worst-case scenarios that climate scientists used in their most recent international projections, according to Pennsylvania State University climate scientist Michael Mann.

One sided scientific science fiction. They forgot about the volcanic activity
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Unfortunately emissions arent going decline anytime soon. Maybe some of the alarmists should join the fatalist crowd and relax, its over, we are past the point of fixing the problem. I dont buy that argument but then I dont buy much of the crap reported on the issue.
SpaceBlues

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2013
FYI: The Science of Global Warming Is Older Than Quantum Mechanics

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." [Neil deGrasse Tyson]

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
SpaceBlues

United States

#7 Mar 6, 2013
No warming wrote:
Unfortunately emissions arent going decline anytime soon. Maybe some of the alarmists should join the fatalist crowd and relax, its over, we are past the point of fixing the problem. I dont buy that argument but then I dont buy much of the crap reported on the issue.
Do you feel guilty that you don't understand the science basis?

Try to learn from this some basics:

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...

and continue with more studies. Just do it.
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#8 Mar 6, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you feel guilty that you don't understand the science basis?
Try to learn from this some basics:
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
and continue with more studies. Just do it.
Says the clown who just learned about ages old thorium.
SpaceBlues

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2013
No warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the clown who just learned about ages old thorium.
Hello.

Why make erroneous claims again? Looking for company??

Oh tell us Th market penetration in thirty years. LOL.
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#10 Mar 6, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hello.
Why make erroneous claims again? Looking for company??
Oh tell us Th market penetration in thirty years. LOL.
Drinking a bit ? You were begging kiteman for info on a technology science gave up on 60 years ago. Need I copy and paste ?
SpaceBlues

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2013
No warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Drinking a bit ? You were begging kiteman for info on a technology science gave up on 60 years ago. Need I copy and paste ?
Not at all.

Yes, copy/paste to prove your claim.
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#12 Mar 6, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all.
Yes, copy/paste to prove your claim.
I'll wait a bit, more fun. Have any idea what Januarys mean global temp was ? I can aanswer that for you if you like. Just want to see if you know anything, even the simple stuff.
SpaceBlues

United States

#13 Mar 6, 2013
No warming wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wait a bit, more fun. Have any idea what Januarys mean global temp was ? I can aanswer that for you if you like. Just want to see if you know anything, even the simple stuff.
Funny stuff.

January 2013 global mean temperature?

Wait until I'll pull it out of my shirt pocket.
litesong

Everett, WA

#14 Mar 6, 2013
No warm answers wrote:
Have any idea what Januarys mean global temp was ?
The average January global temperature across land and ocean surfaces was 0.54C (0.97F) above the 20th century average. It was the 335th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th-century average.
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Yea someone found it in their shirt pocket. We have someone who can find real info, arguing global warming when you dont even know the temp. probably explains why no one bothers with this forum !
litesong

Everett, WA

#16 Mar 6, 2013
No warming wrote:
We have someone who can find real info..
Finding info is not science. But AGW scientists do science, because they have 10-16 years more education, training & work in science & mathematics degrees than you. You sound egotistical enough, that you don't have any science or mathematics for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. You do have a hi skule DEE-plooomaa, right?
No warming

Van Wert, OH

#17 Mar 6, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding info is not science. But AGW scientists do science, because they have 10-16 years more education, training & work in science & mathematics degrees than you. You sound egotistical enough, that you don't have any science or mathematics for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. You do have a hi skule DEE-plooomaa, right?
I have knowledge, with that I can watch you search the net looking for answers, thanks for entertaining me.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#18 Mar 7, 2013
No warming wrote:
<quoted text>
I have knowledge, with that I can watch you search the net looking for answers, thanks for entertaining me.
You have to understand that the two trying to argue their point only deal in scientific science fiction. Ask them to show their own peer reviewed published work. The two are the commanders of useless cut and paste babble.
You are correct they are free entertainment!!!
SpaceBlues

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2013
Two-thirds (67%) of all Americans now accept the evidence that global warming is real, according to a study by the University of Michigan released March 4th.

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-m-study-two...

P.S. Is this entertainment?
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#20 Mar 7, 2013
No, actually you are.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21 Mar 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Is this entertainment?
//////////
"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" flopped:
No, actually you are.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Since "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" is a repeating copy machine, "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" provides no entertainment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr WHAT 37,422
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Fugsworth 11,557
News Al Gore warns that Trump is ignoring weather ap... 11 hr Mothra 222
Poll What is the most STUPID post made by an AGW'er.... (Sep '09) 20 hr Talkin Bout A Per... 1,263
global warming keeps on keeping on Wed jhnsn d-s 5
2016 year to date (Apr '16) Tue Talkin To DaStupid 217
News Climate Crazies Finally Admit 'We Were Wrong Ab... Tue Fugsworth 1
More from around the web