Dana Nuccitelli Can't Come to Terms w...

Dana Nuccitelli Can't Come to Terms with the Death of the AGW Hypothesis

There are 5 comments on the NorCalBlogs story from Oct 18, 2013, titled Dana Nuccitelli Can't Come to Terms with the Death of the AGW Hypothesis. In it, NorCalBlogs reports that:

Dana Nuccitelli published an article today in The Guardian Does the global warming "pause" mean what you think it means? a play off a line by Inigo Montoya from "The Princess Bride" .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorCalBlogs.

LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#1 Oct 18, 2013
Obviously it is Bob Tisdale that cannot come to terms with reality. Despite a clear explanation he does not even understand that AGW is a THEORY, not a 'hypothesis' and an unchallenged one (so far) not 'dead'.

But his delusional state is not a problem for MOST people.

He says "I have managed, up to now, to keep my personal information from becoming general internet information, and I will attempt to continue to do so, so the requests for my email address or copies of my résumé will go unanswered."

so don't expect him to present any 'credentials' in climate science, or publish any papers. He is entirely involved in the SPIN and SPAM industry.
I want to believe

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Oct 20, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Obviously it is Bob Tisdale that cannot come to terms with reality. Despite a clear explanation he does not even understand that AGW is a THEORY, not a 'hypothesis' and an unchallenged one (so far) not 'dead'.
Where can one find a copy of this elusive "THEORY"?
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#3 Oct 20, 2013
I want to believe wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can one find a copy of this elusive "THEORY"?
Theory is not alwasy or even usually a matter of a single paper, but a collection of papers each of which adds something to the whole. The NAS, as the body that oversee's science and therefore declares what is 'theory' and what is not, has reviewed the theory and confirmed it.

http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/ab...
"After coming to office, the administration asked the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) to review the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and provide further assessment of climate science’s “certainties and uncertainties.”3 In 2001 the NAS panel rendered a strong opinion affirming the conclusions of the IPCC and stating that “Greenhouse gases are accumulating in Earth's atmosphere as a result of human activities, causing surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures to rise.”

As to a good SUMMARY of the theory, I suggest http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

This is the 'science basis'. The second and third working groups deal with extrapolation into the future so they are not part of the science so much as our response to it.
SpaceBlues

United States

#4 Oct 20, 2013
From BBC.com .. Dr Bostrom says there is a real gap between the speed of technological advance and our understanding of its implications.

"We're at the level of infants in moral responsibility, but with the technological capability of adults," he says.

As such, the significance of existential risk is "not on people's radars".

But he argues that change is coming whether or not we're ready for it.

"There is a bottleneck in human history. The human condition is going to change. It could be that we end in a catastrophe or that we are transformed by taking much greater control over our biology.

"It's not science fiction, religious doctrine or a late-night conversation in the pub.

"There is no plausible moral case not to take it seriously."

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#5 Oct 20, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
But his delusional state is not a problem for MOST people.
He says "I have managed, up to now, to keep my personal information from becoming general internet information, and I will attempt to continue to do so, so the requests for my email address or copies of my résumé will go unanswered."
Probably means he has a job where being identified as the author of the rubbish he publishes on whatsupmybutt could be embarrassing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What is the most STUPID post made by an AGW'er.... (Sep '09) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 1,224
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 4,815
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Talkin to daStupid 35,840
News Prominent climate-denying politician gets schoo... 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 67
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 10,655
News Trump meets with Princeton physicist who says g... 6 hr WarmerIsBetter Th... 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Brian_G 62,878
More from around the web