A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

Mar 27, 2013 Full story: National Public Radio 508

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#516 May 9, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are jealous. LOL.
not jealous.....just amazed at the stupidity here. right after the gullibility

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#517 May 9, 2013
psssst......keystone pipeline will pass. obama will give me my trophy when it does.
anti-state

Pikeville, KY

#518 May 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Almost every post on here is by a Denier, and all but two reference Al Gore.
This is why we need EDUCATION IN AMERICA, folks. Too many morons like these people. Too many people who get their science from Limbaugh, Faux News, or cartoons.
Jesus...
i went to public school and learned about climate change and never heard anything about another view. we have the education yous peak of and that's the problem. i learned the truth on my own and not from retarded people that regurgitate blatant lies because they lack the ability of critical thinking, it must be from all the flouride in the water.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#519 May 9, 2013
anti-state wrote:
<quoted text>
i went to public school and learned about climate change and never heard anything about another view.
I suspect the subject was global warming, not climate change. And there are still no 'two sides' to reality...

Climate change is not really well defined even yet, so it is hard to separate out the two things. In fact, we may never tease out the effect of AGW on climate from the 'natural factors' and 'tipping points'. So climate change is usually not the subject. Global warming, on the other hand is established science (a theory) and therefore eligible to be taught in school as part of the normal curriculum.
anti-state wrote:
<quoted text>
we have the education yous peak of and that's the problem. i learned the truth on my own and not from retarded people that regurgitate blatant lies because they lack the ability of critical thinking, it must be from all the flouride in the water.
Actually, your post is from KC which suggest that you have financial reasons for 'knowing' that science is bunkum. i.e. a coal miner. Not that your education was all that competent if you don't know enough to capitalize the first letter in a sentence and misspell fluoride. I suspect that you went down the mines as soon as the state allowed you out of school.
anti-state

Pikeville, KY

#520 May 9, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect the subject was global warming, not climate change. And there are still no 'two sides' to reality...
Climate change is not really well defined even yet, so it is hard to separate out the two things. In fact, we may never tease out the effect of AGW on climate from the 'natural factors' and 'tipping points'. So climate change is usually not the subject. Global warming, on the other hand is established science (a theory) and therefore eligible to be taught in school as part of the normal curriculum.
<quoted text>
Actually, your post is from KC which suggest that you have financial reasons for 'knowing' that science is bunkum. i.e. a coal miner. Not that your education was all that competent if you don't know enough to capitalize the first letter in a sentence and misspell fluoride. I suspect that you went down the mines as soon as the state allowed you out of school.
i don't and have never worked in a mine. i'm not trying to make my grammar perfect or my spelling because i'm lazy i saw i misspelled fluoride from the red squiggly line but i didn't care. i was referring to global warming from industrialization. climate change is real, that's how we had the ice age so yeah i know what you're saying. i do agree my education is mediocre at best. it would be different if schools were privatized because they would have to compete but instead it's gov. ran and most of my teachers i believe did it for easy work and summers off. they mostly gave us busy work just copying definitions and outlining the chapter and you don't even have to do that if you play football. sit down, shut up, repeat information, and confrom
anti-state

Pikeville, KY

#521 May 9, 2013
just to be clear i do not believe CO2 emissions from people will change much of anything. climate has changed and always will regardless of people.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#522 May 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with you citing an example of climate change mitigation, son?
You stupid ignorant moron. It was a retort to this off topic post by YOU....
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>typical libwhack....you guys like to give trophies to the last place team. heehee

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#523 May 10, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>but you want to get things without paying for them....
Umm...based on WHAT, exactly?
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>says who? the head libwhacker? would that be you, neer do well?
Doubling down on your childishness isn't doing much to refute my comments about you...:)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#524 May 10, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>not jealous.....just amazed at the stupidity here. right after the gullibility
Let's analyze.

Fact: you are devoid of science.

Consequence: science talk appears stupid to you.

Explanation: stupidity resides in your ignorance.

Remedy: stop judging the posters as gullible but start learning from them like this one.

Truth: All above because man-made climate change is raging as you deny it in words play.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#525 May 10, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

You stupid ignorant moron. It was a retort to this off topic post by YOU....
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>typical libwhack....you guys like to give trophies to the last place team. heehee
Excellent.

It plays on words for troll action.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#526 May 10, 2013
anti-state wrote:
just to be clear i do not believe CO2 emissions from people will change much of anything. climate has changed and always will regardless of people.
Your belief is not supported by evidence.

Sorry for you.

Progress, not Denial

#527 May 10, 2013
anti-state wrote:
<quoted text>
i went to public school and learned about climate change and never heard anything about another view. we have the education yous peak of and that's the problem. i learned the truth on my own and not from retarded people that regurgitate blatant lies because they lack the ability of critical thinking, it must be from all the flouride in the water.
Like I said...we need more and better education in America...:)

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#528 May 10, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Let's analyze.
Fact: you are devoid of science.
Consequence: science talk appears stupid to you.
Explanation: stupidity resides in your ignorance.
Remedy: stop judging the posters as gullible but start learning from them like this one.
Truth: All above because man-made climate change is raging as you deny it in words play.
QUESTION: what science have you provided that backs up your claims?
FACT: you're opinions are your own.....but that's all you seem to have.
EXPLANATION: you're not smart enough to know the difference between facts and your opinions.
OPINION: i'm sure climate change 'rages' in your head almost constantly.
peace!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#529 May 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said...we need more and better education in America...:)
get rid of the teachers union.....and maybe you should give up being homeschooled?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#530 May 10, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your belief is not supported by evidence.
Sorry for you.
nor is yours.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#531 May 10, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent.
It plays on words for troll action.
why don't you two just have an internet circle jerk?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#532 May 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...based on WHAT, exactly?
<quoted text>
Doubling down on your childishness isn't doing much to refute my comments about you...:)
are you not mature enough to realize what i mean? seriously?
litesong

Everett, WA

#533 May 10, 2013
anti-state wrote:
i do agree my education is mediocre at best.
That means you have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or prel-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Already, 6 toxic topix AGW deniers have no DEE-plooomaa. Should we count you in that number +1? Of course, you have no mathematics or science degrees.
litesong

Everett, WA

#534 May 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
we need more and better education in America...:)
The ones that need more & better education won't take it.

Progress, not Denial

#535 May 10, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION: what science have you provided that backs up your claims?
FACT: you're opinions are your own.....but that's all you seem to have.
EXPLANATION: you're not smart enough to know the difference between facts and your opinions.
OPINION: i'm sure climate change 'rages' in your head almost constantly.
peace!
Q. What credibility or intellgent discussion have you provided that entitles you to demand things?

A. Not a damn bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Reasons why global warming also known as clim... 9 min SpaceBlues 53
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 32 min LonePalm 1,525
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 45 min LIbEralS 32,985
Hottest September On Record 1 hr Fair Game 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr scirocco 47,496
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 1 hr Earthling-1 3,397
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 2 hr Earthling-1 37

Global Warming People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE